The Simpsons Treehouse of Horror 15 Florey

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
frieddumpling
Art Connoisseur

Fri Jun 19, 2015 11:48 am

Hey guys, sorry if this answer is painfully obvious but how was this print sold? I have seen that it was a commissioned piece but it is a run of 79 and there are a couple on ebay. Just curious how it worked with this print, absolutely awesome print. :notworthy: :notworthy:
kyler4444
Art Expert

Fri Jun 19, 2015 12:21 pm

frieddumpling wrote:Hey guys, sorry if this answer is painfully obvious but how was this print sold? I have seen that it was a commissioned piece but it is a run of 79 and there are a couple on ebay. Just curious how it worked with this print, absolutely awesome print. :notworthy: :notworthy:

It was a private commission which means that it wasn't sold publicly.
ISO: Stout - The Thing Image
Kramerica
Art Freak

Sat Jul 11, 2015 1:30 pm

Looks great! :pint:
When I'm done ranting about elite power that rules the planet under a totalitarian government that uses the media to keep people stupid, my throat gets parched. That's why I drink Orange Drink. - BH
frieddumpling
Art Connoisseur

Sun Jul 12, 2015 5:42 pm

This looks awesome! :drool:
frieddumpling
Art Connoisseur

Tue Jul 21, 2015 3:15 pm

Surprised how many of these are up for sale on here. Apparently some people in the commission didnt like it?
WhiteRat
Art Connoisseur

Wed Jul 22, 2015 1:21 am

frieddumpling wrote:Surprised how many of these are up for sale on here. Apparently some people in the commission didnt like it?
If people didn't join commissions on the hope that they'll flip, I'd hazard to say a good 75% of the tons and tons of commissions you see wouldn't even get enough members for funding. Gotta pay for those other commissions by flipping...commissions...since Mondo's output has left the aftermarket so stagnant.
Superfro33
Art Expert

Wed Jul 22, 2015 2:00 am

WhiteRat wrote:Gotta pay for those other commissions by flipping...commissions...since Mondo's output has left the aftermarket so stagnant.
Yeah, I mean heaven forbid anybody buy a piece of art because they want to actually keep it or something.
cgauert
Art Enthusiast

Wed Jul 22, 2015 5:02 pm

Superfro33 wrote:
WhiteRat wrote:Gotta pay for those other commissions by flipping...commissions...since Mondo's output has left the aftermarket so stagnant.
Yeah, I mean heaven forbid anybody buy a piece of art because they want to actually keep it or something.

commissions generally are a blind pay. You are part of getting the art created in the first place
Superfro33
Art Expert

Wed Jul 22, 2015 5:07 pm

cgauert wrote:
Superfro33 wrote:

commissions generally are a blind pay. You are part of getting the art created in the first place
Right...but I was more talking to the "GOTTA FLIP!" point. :P
frieddumpling
Art Connoisseur

Thu Jul 23, 2015 12:03 pm

WhiteRat wrote:
frieddumpling wrote:Surprised how many of these are up for sale on here. Apparently some people in the commission didnt like it?
If people didn't join commissions on the hope that they'll flip, I'd hazard to say a good 75% of the tons and tons of commissions you see wouldn't even get enough members for funding. Gotta pay for those other commissions by flipping...commissions...since Mondo's output has left the aftermarket so stagnant.
That makes sense.

I will say I am happy that the person I bought mine from sold it. I paid ebay prices but I am really excited to get it. Not sure what the original commission buy-in was but I am sure the guy that sold it to me made a few bucks. oh well. :D
Florey
Art Connoisseur

Tue Aug 18, 2015 11:22 pm

APs are up in the store for those interested...
http://mrflorey.bigcartel.com/product/t ... -horror-ap
automator
Nobody

Tue Oct 03, 2017 10:14 pm

New image The Simpsons Treehouse of Horror 15 Florey