Big Trouble in Little China 07 Stout

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
thekharmainitiative
Art Expert

Fri Aug 05, 2011 1:14 pm

After a similar ebay experience attempting to purchase my #1 ISO at a steal price, I'm a little wary of these 2 Stout sales. Hopefully it will actually happen, but usually if it looks too good to be true, it probably is. No images of the actual prints, below market-price BIN, last feedback as a seller is from six years ago...
WhoLikesRingo wrote:This single post led to a roller coaster of emotion. Congrats kharma, king of the thread.
harrykeogh
Art Expert

Fri Aug 05, 2011 6:14 pm

pewter14 wrote:I find it hilarious that folks consider $950 a "steal".

And before you say "but, in comparison to recent sales .... " I know, I get it ... these were indeed priced to move. It doesn't change my opinion that $950 is closer to "ridculous" than "steal".

I own quote a few of the older Stouts, so it's not an anti-hype angle, either. It's just one man's opinion.

Congrats to whomever picked this (and more notably, the Blade Runner) up ... gorgeous prints.
I agree with you. Lot of money. But, Blade Runner is in my top 3 favorite films. Had to re-obtain it. I owned this and BTILC when they first came out. I think I actually like the BTILC (that red and gold just pops) print more, but I don't like the film near as much, so I will never go after BTILC at these prices.

Prior to this, the most I spent on a print was for "Adrift" on release. I guess you could make a case for the Stout Star Wars variant set at $300, but that was for 3 prints.
harrykeogh
Art Expert

Fri Aug 05, 2011 6:19 pm

thekharmainitiative wrote:After a similar ebay experience attempting to purchase my #1 ISO at a steal price, I'm a little wary of these 2 Stout sales. Hopefully it will actually happen, but usually if it looks too good to be true, it probably is. No images of the actual prints, below market-price BIN, last feedback as a seller is from six years ago...
I emailed him asking if he had any experience shipping prints and offered some tips. He was very open to helpful tips. Hell, i am willing to ship him a yazoo to make sure he uses a decent tube. So, my fingers are crossed that everything goes well.
thekharmainitiative
Art Expert

Sat Aug 06, 2011 6:12 pm

Good luck, truly hope it works out for you!
WhoLikesRingo wrote:This single post led to a roller coaster of emotion. Congrats kharma, king of the thread.
Callaghanx
Art Connoisseur

Wed Sep 07, 2011 8:23 am

Picked this up at a good price, stoked on a dude giving me an awesome deal..

:pint:
MooreSaxPlease
Art Expert

Tue Oct 18, 2011 7:48 pm

Print has a tiny rip/tear on the edge, be careful as it is not disclosed in the vague description.
eBay 190587769640
SurfingJeff
Art Expert

Fri Oct 28, 2011 1:22 am

MooreSaxPlease wrote:Print has a tiny rip/tear on the edge, be careful as it is not disclosed in the vague description.
eBay 190587769640
I ended up buying this. When it arrived, it was in pretty bad shape - much worse than tiny rip on the edge. Seller has been cool about accepting a return, so I don't think he was trying to rip people off - maybe just a little too eager to sell. Bummed it didn't work out and still in search of a nice copy ...
Last edited by SurfingJeff on Fri Oct 28, 2011 4:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
T.H.C.
99bottles
Art Connoisseur

Fri Oct 28, 2011 2:09 am

you should of had it restored...
Codeblue wrote:Major luls, honestly.
Mystery MOD wrote:it might be difficult for you, but try not to be such a douche. seriously.
piratesprayer wrote:drymount you 99bottles! Your the drymounting douchebag! :heart: er
SurfingJeff
Art Expert

Fri Oct 28, 2011 4:19 pm

99bottles wrote:you should of had it restored...
Interesting - I didn't really consider that. Given that other "mint" copies have sold for only a bit more in the recent past, I didn't think it was worth the hassle. How much can a restoration repair?
T.H.C.
99bottles
Art Connoisseur

Fri Oct 28, 2011 4:27 pm

SurfingJeff wrote:
Interesting - I didn't really consider that. Given that other "mint" copies have sold for only a bit more in the recent past, I didn't think it was worth the hassle. How much can a restoration repair?

not much money at all....

pm me
Codeblue wrote:Major luls, honestly.
Mystery MOD wrote:it might be difficult for you, but try not to be such a douche. seriously.
piratesprayer wrote:drymount you 99bottles! Your the drymounting douchebag! :heart: er
john38103
Art Expert

Fri Oct 28, 2011 4:58 pm

99bottles wrote:
SurfingJeff wrote:

pm me
Really?

I'm a complete novice to restoration but I've gotten a couple quotes from paper conservators who pretty much sound like $500 is a good price point for a modern piece that hasn't gone through a shredder. It sounded like they felt that is pretty much a jumping off point for the time commitment it takes.

That being said the samples of restoration work are amazing. Full-on miracles can be performed.
SurfingJeff
Art Expert

Fri Oct 28, 2011 7:14 pm

99bottles wrote:
SurfingJeff wrote:

pm me
Doh! Already sent it back this morning, even after he offered me a steep discount to keep it. Wish I had checked with you guys sooner. Live and learn, I guess ...
T.H.C.
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Wed Nov 23, 2011 12:45 pm

Watched this for the 1st time last night. The only redeeming quality is the birth of Raiden.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
edg1218
Art Connoisseur

Thu May 03, 2012 8:43 pm

Felt like we needed a better pic of the GID on this. Maybe someone knows how to add it properly.
KSUvet
Art Expert

Fri May 04, 2012 12:16 am

edg1218 wrote:Maybe someone knows how to add it properly.
You might as well get credit for it.

"I see dudes using cotton gloves on prints that I know were printed while someone was drinking a beer or eating Cheetos, while water leaked from the ceiling. And I'm not even talking about my shop!" - alexfugazi