Big Trouble in Little China 07 Stout

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
badlieut
Art Connoisseur

Mon Jun 20, 2011 9:18 am

Need to get a hold of that GID version! :drool:
edderlyj
Art Expert

Sun Jul 10, 2011 7:04 pm

badlieut wrote:Need to get a hold of that GID version! :drool:
you don't say eBay 120748250263

oh, there will be blood
CrustaR
Art Expert

Sun Jul 10, 2011 10:13 pm

edderlyj wrote:

oh, there will be blood
Careful, that one has been rolled for 4+ years.
pewter14 wrote:You're not the only one on the hunt for The Thing ... just ... the most obvious ... by a lot.
edderlyj
Art Expert

Mon Jul 11, 2011 2:01 am

CrustaR wrote: Careful, that one has been rolled for 4+ years.
what's your experience with too-long rolled prints? assuming no humidity or light, but in acidic brown paper and, let's face it, crushed ink, wouldn't a good flattening and a trip to the museum glass factory save this for many years to come? and that everyone on ebay is addicted to the constant acquistion, grail or no, and seeing something more precious than rare metals... I don't think care is going to be the thing crusaders are going to be full of while counting more numbers in ever increasing multiples of ten.
:pint:
Героям слава
CrustaR
Art Expert

Mon Jul 11, 2011 8:37 am

edderlyj wrote:
CrustaR wrote: Careful, that one has been rolled for 4+ years.
what's your experience with too-long rolled prints? assuming no humidity or light, but in acidic brown paper and, let's face it, crushed ink, wouldn't a good flattening and a trip to the museum glass factory save this for many years to come? and that everyone on ebay is addicted to the constant acquistion, grail or no, and seeing something more precious than rare metals... I don't think care is going to be the thing crusaders are going to be full of while counting more numbers in ever increasing multiples of ten.
:pint:
My BTiLC and Lost Boys prints were both stored rolled. BTiLC has some waviness, but now I'm thinking that print is just naturally wavy because of where/how much the ink was applied to the paper (I've seen two others in a wavy condition). Lost Boys is not wavy at all, so I don't know.

My Robocop print was stored rolled before I got it, and that guy wants to curl up on the ends even though I have stored that thing flat for 6+ months. So far in the frame, it hasn't wanted to buckle in on itself, but I'm watching it.

As far as rare print like that goes, yeah, you may just have to take the risk, but it's good to know the negative effects of storing a print rolled.
pewter14 wrote:You're not the only one on the hunt for The Thing ... just ... the most obvious ... by a lot.
badlieut
Art Connoisseur

Mon Jul 11, 2011 8:49 am

edderlyj wrote:

oh, there will be blood
:lol:

Already took care of this ISO. Now to just grow a beard like that guy in the photo next to his formerly owned GID version in the Stout thread.
duckyhoward
Art Expert

Mon Jul 18, 2011 12:56 am

Two have popped up in quick succession. Maybe the lure of US$1,500+ looks like it might be luring a few of them out of their fames and flat file hiding spots.

BTILC - GID Variant has just finished up on The Bay at US$1,736 (A$1,600) - not bad. Can't see these getting any cheaper considering there is only 40 of them.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll ... K:MEWAX:IT
"so this is what it's like to be an adult, if he only knew now what he knew then..."
T.K.C.
netluffyg
Art Connoisseur

Fri Aug 05, 2011 1:37 am

Congratulations if anyone of you on here picked this up off from ebay just now for $950. That's a steal as far as I'm concerned. I saw that and said to myself, "Well, that isn't going to last long on here." I check back 30 minutes later, and it looks like I was right.
adamsmasher wrote: There is not enough wall space for ambivalence.
harrykeogh
Art Expert

Fri Aug 05, 2011 5:25 am

netluffyg wrote:Congratulations if anyone of you on here picked this up off from ebay just now for $950. That's a steal as far as I'm concerned. I saw that and said to myself, "Well, that isn't going to last long on here." I check back 30 minutes later, and it looks like I was right.
Wasn't me that picked up the BTILC, but your post alerted me to check Stout stuff on the bay, and I just picked up (AGAIN) a signed Blade Runner! Thank you for posting that!
netluffyg
Art Connoisseur

Fri Aug 05, 2011 8:56 am

harrykeogh wrote: Wasn't me that picked up the BTILC, but your post alerted me to check Stout stuff on the bay, and I just picked up (AGAIN) a signed Blade Runner! Thank you for posting that!
Yup, the seller had listed both of them. But I'm glad that someone on here picked up the Blade Runner, I'm extremely jealous. 15% finders fee? :D
adamsmasher wrote: There is not enough wall space for ambivalence.
jedz316
Art Connoisseur

Fri Aug 05, 2011 8:56 am

harrykeogh wrote:
netluffyg wrote:Congratulations if anyone of you on here picked this up off from ebay just now for $950. That's a steal as far as I'm concerned. I saw that and said to myself, "Well, that isn't going to last long on here." I check back 30 minutes later, and it looks like I was right.
Wasn't me that picked up the BTILC, but your post alerted me to check Stout stuff on the bay, and I just picked up (AGAIN) a signed Blade Runner! Thank you for posting that!
that is nuts - can you ask him/seller why he did the 950? just feeling generous or what haha?
gonzo303
Art Freak

Fri Aug 05, 2011 10:13 am

harrykeogh wrote:
You got 2 now? Let's work a deal!!!

Also those price are amazing! Congrats to who scored them!
Same fudge, different drop.
harrykeogh
Art Expert

Fri Aug 05, 2011 10:43 am

netluffyg wrote:15% finders fee? :D
Lol! I really can't afford the Blade Runner!
harrykeogh
Art Expert

Fri Aug 05, 2011 10:46 am

gonzo303 wrote:You got 2 now? Let's work a deal!!!
Nah, I will only have one. I bought one on the bay back 9 months ago or so, and it arrived damaged. Seller didn't even insure it. Had to file a claim with Ebay. So hopefully, this purchase will knock off my #1 ISO.
pewter14
EB Team

Fri Aug 05, 2011 11:07 am

I find it hilarious that folks consider $950 a "steal".

And before you say "but, in comparison to recent sales .... " I know, I get it ... these were indeed priced to move. It doesn't change my opinion that $950 is closer to "ridculous" than "steal".

I own quote a few of the older Stouts, so it's not an anti-hype angle, either. It's just one man's opinion.

Congrats to whomever picked this (and more notably, the Blade Runner) up ... gorgeous prints.
mistersmith wrote:Brady is one of the best QBs in history and will forever been seen as such.
Two links every EB member should read, please take a moment:

EB Wiki - How to Ship a Print in a Tube

Expressobeans For Sale Forum - Open Market Guidelines