Big Trouble in Little China 07 Stout

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
PaintByNumbers
Art Expert

Sun Apr 10, 2011 6:47 pm

Wow...shocked at that selling point. This has to be the highest peak for Stout prints.
If you would like to help those affected by the tragedy in Boston, please donate here : http://onefundboston.org/

'I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass... and I'm all out of bubblegum. '
jlabbate
Art Freak

Sun Apr 10, 2011 6:49 pm

PaintByNumbers wrote:Wow...shocked at that selling point. This has to be the highest peak for Stout prints.
....well a variant just sold for $1985! :pint:
Darkknight37
Art Expert

Sun Apr 10, 2011 6:49 pm

That's a lot of mo-mo's. Looks like I won't be getting one of these anytime soon :-|
CrustaR
Art Expert

Sun Apr 10, 2011 7:04 pm

Darkknight37 wrote:That's a lot of mo-mo's. Looks like I won't be getting one of these anytime soon :-|
I feel the same way about The Thing. :(
pewter14 wrote:You're not the only one on the hunt for The Thing ... just ... the most obvious ... by a lot.
daviddelgadoh
Art Expert

Sun Apr 10, 2011 7:20 pm

Kinda silly. These were timed open editions when they first went on sale weren't they? You could call up Mondo and order like 5. At least I know that was the case with the Thing.
Crazy hype.
At least Tyler is really drymounting talented.
But man... that's pricey.
ironjaiden
Art Expert

Sun Apr 10, 2011 9:14 pm

daviddelgadoh wrote:Kinda silly. These were timed open editions when they first went on sale weren't they? You could call up Mondo and order like 5. At least I know that was the case with the Thing.
Crazy hype.
At least Tyler is really drymounting talented.
But man... that's pricey.
Yeah they were. Man if my kid ever needs a new liver I'm just gonna sell my Stout collection. Should pretty much cover it :shock:
Spujo
Art Connoisseur

Sun Apr 10, 2011 9:21 pm

I was chatting with my poster buddy who kinda got me into this hobby yesterday. He bought two of these when they came out for him and his other friend who used to watch this movie back when they were in middle school and stuff. I jokingly told him if he ever wanted to get rid of one to let me know. The last time he checked they were going for 100 bucks or so, so he was pretty shocked when i told him how much they are now. He also mentioned that the one he gave to his friend was promptly tacked up to the wall. Just thought I would share.
pewter14
EB Team

Sun Apr 10, 2011 9:29 pm

Want to see a picture that will make grown men cry?
mistersmith wrote:Brady is one of the best QBs in history and will forever been seen as such.
Two links every EB member should read, please take a moment:

EB Wiki - How to Ship a Print in a Tube

Expressobeans For Sale Forum - Open Market Guidelines
virtualmert
Art Expert

Sun Apr 10, 2011 9:43 pm

i think im going for this one next.

:pint:
:cautiously removes pants:
RiotAct
EB Team

Sun Apr 10, 2011 10:04 pm

pewter14 wrote:Want to see a picture that will make grown men cry?
::kills self::
battleroyale
Art Connoisseur

Sun Apr 10, 2011 10:08 pm

i would love to see stout tackle this film now, i think his illustrations have come along way since he did this
CrustaR
Art Expert

Sun Apr 10, 2011 10:32 pm

battleroyale wrote:i would love to see stout tackle this film now, i think his illustrations have come along way since he did this
No need. It's good enough as it is.
pewter14 wrote:You're not the only one on the hunt for The Thing ... just ... the most obvious ... by a lot.
daviddelgadoh
Art Expert

Sun Apr 10, 2011 11:26 pm

battleroyale wrote:i would love to see stout tackle this film now, i think his illustrations have come along way since he did this
I agree with this. I mean just looking at the difference in line work between this and Star Wars... his compositional skills have always been there but his depictions of it have really come a long way IMO. I mean both this and the Thing are awesome posters, but I think people def. view them with rose-tinted glasses.

Art-wise I would take any of his most recent works (leaving the subject matter completely out of the discussion).
pewter14
EB Team

Sun Apr 10, 2011 11:36 pm

daviddelgadoh wrote:
I agree with this. I mean just looking at the difference in line work between this and Star Wars... his compositional skills have always been there but his depictions of it have really come a long way IMO. I mean both this and the Thing are awesome posters, but I think people def. view them with rose-tinted glasses.

Art-wise I would take any of his most recent works (leaving the subject matter completely out of the discussion).
I was flipping through my portfolio with a friend who is just getting into Stout this weekend, going through all the prints ... and it was obvious even to an untrained eye like mine that Tyler's design skills have improved through the years.

But as alluded to above, almost everyone weighs these prints for the movie first, then the design.
mistersmith wrote:Brady is one of the best QBs in history and will forever been seen as such.
Two links every EB member should read, please take a moment:

EB Wiki - How to Ship a Print in a Tube

Expressobeans For Sale Forum - Open Market Guidelines
trarex
Art Expert

Sun Apr 10, 2011 11:46 pm

His work IMO seem to continually improve in design and execution.
Unlike some artist who take one step forward two step back.
"Lay off Detroit, Them peoples is living in Mad Max times." Moe Szyslak