It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown 14 Delort

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
earlgreytoast
Art Expert

Fri Oct 03, 2014 12:05 pm

Chill out, Hulkboy.
Codeblue wrote: I’m sorry for everything.
Blanchette
Art Connoisseur

Fri Oct 03, 2014 12:20 pm

PLUSH wrote:
candygirlnatalie wrote: I'm glad I was able to score a regular and have a decent person on EB set a fair price on the foil

WTF is a fair price to you? You know what, it does not really matter what you or I think is a fair price. It matters what the market determines. This is just a bunch of whiner BS from people that didn't happen to get the drop. just a lot of butthurt going on with this print. Where is the decency in those selling the Invader piece or the Ansin GitS. Get over yourself.
:clap:
jrsheppa
Art Expert

Fri Oct 03, 2014 12:45 pm

PLUSH wrote:
candygirlnatalie wrote: I'm glad I was able to score a regular and have a decent person on EB set a fair price on the foil

WTF is a fair price to you? You know what, it does not really matter what you or I think is a fair price. It matters what the market determines. This is just a bunch of whiner BS from people that didn't happen to get the drop. just a lot of butthurt going on with this print. Where is the decency in those selling the Invader piece or the Ansin GitS. Get over yourself.
This x 1000.

People act like they are entitled to a below market price, and then accuse eBay sellers of being shitty people for basically wanting to make money. Are you drymounting kidding me? We live in America, home of capitalism. If you expect people to sell posters at prices akin to living in some organic commune where money doesn't matter, get a new hobby.

Posters is SERIOUS BIDZNESS!
jrsheppa
Art Expert

Fri Oct 03, 2014 12:49 pm

earlgreytoast wrote:Chill out, Hulkboy.
I am with Plush, the "I am entitled to this print at cost" attitude drives me insane. Sometimes that rant just builds up and you gotta get it out.
earlgreytoast
Art Expert

Fri Oct 03, 2014 12:55 pm

'scool.
rabieteen
Art Connoisseur

Fri Oct 03, 2014 1:41 pm

+1 reg. Foils on ebay for 450 made me lol.
candygirlnatalie
Art Enthusiast

Sat Oct 04, 2014 1:49 am

jrsheppa wrote:
earlgreytoast wrote:Chill out, Hulkboy.
I am with Plush, the "I am entitled to this print at cost" attitude drives me insane. Sometimes that rant just builds up and you gotta get it out.

No where in my original post did I say I felt entitled to buy the print at cost. I just said I had a decent person sell me the foil at a what I felt was a fair price. I buy art because I enjoy it and appreciate it. I'm not looking to make a profit and those who are more power to you. I just feel I want to wait and see where the numbers go on the variant before I rush to buy one that's all. You and Plush have gotten very defensive for no reason at all. Well that is unless one of your eBay listings had the miss spelling so u took it personal.

No reason for all the hate cause people might wanna wait a minute. But then flipping wouldn't be so lucrative and as you said such serious bizness..
candygirlnatalie
Art Enthusiast

Sat Oct 04, 2014 2:04 am

PLUSH wrote:

First off I'm talkin bout the foil not the variant on a fair price. Don't get your panties in a wade and get nasty with me cause some person called you out earlier in the thread. My comment wasn't directed toward you. You need to get over urself. I recall you saying that someone wasn't greedy and ISO with an invader print trade for ur variant. So its ok for you to get a fair trade/price but not someone else.

I'm so done with this site its getting worse with every drop.
earlgreytoast
Art Expert

Sat Oct 04, 2014 1:30 pm

They definitely overreacted to your post, which I thought was pretty innocuous. And I think you hit the nail on your head as to why Plush got so defensive. :clap:

I guess I can understand that people get emotionally involved when there is art and money at stake but I honestly couldn't imagine being into this hobby and feeling anything other than a cursory "meh" when you miss a drop or someone says something you don't like on the boards. Some idiots get all "you're messing with my MONEY :evil: " around here sometimes and it's laughable.
candygirlnatalie
Art Enthusiast

Sat Oct 04, 2014 4:32 pm

earlgreytoast wrote:They definitely overreacted to your post, which I thought was pretty innocuous. And I think you hit the nail on your head as to why Plush got so defensive. :clap:

I guess I can understand that people get emotionally involved when there is art and money at stake but I honestly couldn't imagine being into this hobby and feeling anything other than a cursory "meh" when you miss a drop or someone says something you don't like on the boards. Some idiots get all "you're messing with my MONEY :evil: " around here sometimes and it's laughable.
Ur right its north worth a second thought.
candygirlnatalie
Art Enthusiast

Sat Oct 04, 2014 4:35 pm

dropdoctor wrote:is this the right place to post about the art?

nicolas' line work on this piece is amazing. the overall tone plants the light-hearted, child-like expectancy of this CB story right into the ominous dark side of all hallow's eve. perfect merging of the two worlds. can't wait to see some pictures of the foil version :notworthy:

Nice description.
DarkHallMansion
Art Expert

Sat Oct 11, 2014 4:44 am

Hey guys,

Nicolas Delort's "It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown" prints began shipping Friday afternoon, 10/10.

Thanks again,
DHM
http://www.DarkHallMansion.com
ToonKiller
Art Expert

Sat Oct 11, 2014 12:41 pm

Anyone get a shipment notification yet?
whiskaz
Art Expert

Tue Oct 14, 2014 9:44 pm

Arrived today (quick!) ...Foil... though these pics don't really capture it well. It's lovely.

ETA: DHM... just a suggestion. Maybe tape the roll before tubing things up. It's really nerve wracking to remove a print that's squeezed tight against the sides of a tube. Thanks for the quick ship. :pint:
downforcemedia
Art Expert

Wed Oct 15, 2014 1:42 am

Can't wait to get mine!
Lies are a funny thing. They slip through your fingertips because they never happened to you. Time wounds all the heals as we fade out of view