It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown 14 Delort

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
nevadinova
Art Expert

Thu Oct 02, 2014 1:49 pm

cjethomas wrote:I really wish the "Schultz" at the bottom right of the variant / foil wasn't bothering me as much as it is. He didn't sign it, and the artwork isn't his. Glad the standard doesn't have it.
I actually like it. It's a nice tribute. It's also possible that Peanuts might have required it be on the print somewhere.
ducktree
Art Enthusiast

Thu Oct 02, 2014 2:02 pm

Settled for the regular after the variant sold out immediately...not to say that I will be unhappy with the regular because it IS an awesome print, but classy move by at least one person buying a variant for the purpose of immediately putting it up for flip with a $225 profit.

GatorsCanes
Art Expert

Thu Oct 02, 2014 2:06 pm

If anyone thinks they're getting $325 for this they're crazy. It's a nice piece of art, and DHM did well. But, this will settle at around $200.
NEVER PAY VIA PAYPAL GIFT. NEVER PAY FRIENDS/FAMILY. PAY THE FEES YOURSELF, THE 3% IS WORTH IT TO NOT BE SCAMMED
jkw3000
EB Team

Thu Oct 02, 2014 2:08 pm

nevadinova wrote:
cjethomas wrote:I really wish the "Schultz" at the bottom right of the variant / foil wasn't bothering me as much as it is. He didn't sign it, and the artwork isn't his. Glad the standard doesn't have it.
I actually like it. It's a nice tribute. It's also possible that Peanuts might have required it be on the print somewhere.
Was mentioned earlier, Schulz was added both to differentiate the variant from the reg more (makes it more of an art print) and as a tribute to him (it was not required but definitely got signed off by the Peanuts folks).

I totally get the strange disconnect between Schulz and the art not being his, but it's also a nice tribute to the fact that it's all inspired by him and really a play on his art.
35mmpaul wrote:We are addicted to things that hurt our butts.
whiskaz
Art Expert

Thu Oct 02, 2014 2:11 pm

Expecting any of them to flip at all is a bit crazy. This is DHM. And everything is marked up by at least 2 cheeseburgers over most Mondo releases.

It's a beautiful piece for sure but... yea...
PLUSH
Art Expert

Thu Oct 02, 2014 2:25 pm

GatorsCanes wrote:If anyone thinks they're getting $325 for this they're crazy. It's a nice piece of art, and DHM did well. But, this will settle at around $200.

Not really.
ducktree
Art Enthusiast

Thu Oct 02, 2014 2:57 pm

PLUSH wrote:
GatorsCanes wrote:If anyone thinks they're getting $325 for this they're crazy. It's a nice piece of art, and DHM did well. But, this will settle at around $200.

Not really.
Is that why you removed your FS listing? Whoeever gkpipes is apparently also was only interested in acquiring it for the purpose of immediately flipping at the same $225 markup. I mean at least just throw it on the Bay with a $9.99 starting price and let the market dictate the price, not be greedy with a $365 or $399.99 BIN barely an hour or two after the print went on sale.
PLUSH
Art Expert

Thu Oct 02, 2014 3:00 pm

ducktree wrote:
PLUSH wrote:

Not really.
Is that why you removed your FS listing? Whoeever gkpipes is apparently also was only interested in acquiring it for the purpose of immediately flipping at the same $225 markup. I mean at least just throw it on the Bay with a $9.99 starting price and let the market dictate the price, not be greedy with a $365 or $399.99 BIN barely an hour or two after the print went on sale.

Removed, because it sold. ISO of non-greedy person offering Invader drop today. :)
ducktree
Art Enthusiast

Thu Oct 02, 2014 3:30 pm

PLUSH wrote:
ducktree wrote:
PLUSH wrote:

Not really.

Removed, because it sold. ISO of non-greedy person offering Invader drop today. :)
It's a shame Dark Hall can't nix sales of prints to people who buy them solely to flip and do said flipping not just before they have the print in hand, but within a couple of hours on the same day of purchase. Don't get me wrong, I've flipped plenty of prints in my day, but at least 90% of them were done months or years later, usually when I decided I no longer wanted it. Rarely have I bought something ONLY to make a profit on it and definitely never anything there were so few of such as in this case. I've been a member here for a very long time and rarely post in these forums, but since I admittedly am pretty peeved at missing out on this variant, I felt chatty when I saw now a total of 4 of the 50 variants already out there with clear proof that no actual collectors bought them. I realize that this sort of thing happens ALL THE TIME, but it's still lame. /End rant
kyler4444
Art Expert

Thu Oct 02, 2014 3:38 pm

ISO Reg
ISO: Stout - The Thing Image
downforcemedia
Art Expert

Thu Oct 02, 2014 5:16 pm

+1 on regular.
Lies are a funny thing. They slip through your fingertips because they never happened to you. Time wounds all the heals as we fade out of view
FROBAY
Art Connoisseur

Thu Oct 02, 2014 5:47 pm

+1 foil
downforcemedia
Art Expert

Fri Oct 03, 2014 2:29 am

FROBAY wrote:+1 foil
Nice score! I had one in cart but sold out by the time I checked out.
Lies are a funny thing. They slip through your fingertips because they never happened to you. Time wounds all the heals as we fade out of view
candygirlnatalie
Art Enthusiast

Fri Oct 03, 2014 11:51 am

I wish people who post on eBay could at least take the time to spell the artists name correctly. 4 listing with the incorrect spelling. Crap like that would have me not even look at the listing plus the ridiculous price. Gorgeous piece, I'm glad I was able to score a regular and have a decent person on EB set a fair price on the foil. I want the variant but waiting to see where these land price wise a month down the line.

Does anyone know if Delort sells his AP's and if so does he have a store? Cant seem to find one, figured maybe posters and toys.
PLUSH
Art Expert

Fri Oct 03, 2014 12:02 pm

candygirlnatalie wrote: I'm glad I was able to score a regular and have a decent person on EB set a fair price on the foil

WTF is a fair price to you? You know what, it does not really matter what you or I think is a fair price. It matters what the market determines. This is just a bunch of whiner BS from people that didn't happen to get the drop. just a lot of butthurt going on with this print. Where is the decency in those selling the Invader piece or the Ansin GitS. Get over yourself.
Last edited by PLUSH on Fri Oct 03, 2014 12:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.