Disco Biscuits Boston 07 Pollock

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
postartproductions
Art Connoisseur

Tue Dec 11, 2007 2:19 pm

FYI, Pollock used Krylon Matte Finish fixative on the Disco Biscuits Subscription Edition posters & "Deal with the Devil" Glowing Devil Handbills only.

"Deal with the Devil" Glowing Devil handbills WILL be sent with fixative applied and will not require additional fixative to insure their glowing granulars stay intact.

Subscription Edition Glowing Devil handbills & Disco Biscuits Halloween 2007 posters direct from the concert did NOT have fixative applied prior to releasing them. Therefore, it is recommended you apply fixative to insure your glow-in-the-dark print lasts a lifetime.

Click Here for 10 Easy Steps to applying fixative to your Disco Biscuits Halloween 2007 Poster & "Deal with the Devil" Glowing Devil handbills.
Grateful69Phish
Art Freak

Thu Dec 13, 2007 7:44 pm

Greatfully disappointed in packaging- while they used a good tube, they did not use craft paper, and my print was damaged before it was in the tube- severely creased by Pollocks signature, which he would have never allowed as a released copy.

BUYER BEWARE- inspect your prints ............

Why does he put up with this........ they arent respecting the art, nor is $50 cheap for a poster for a common man.

Boo-
postartproductions
Art Connoisseur

Thu Dec 13, 2007 8:52 pm

Why does "he" put up with this.
:roll:

"He" unfortunately can't help how his clients mail prints to their customers.
Grateful69Phish
Art Freak

Thu Dec 13, 2007 8:56 pm

postartproductions wrote:
Why does "he" put up with this.
:roll:

"He" unfortunately can't help how his clients mail prints to their customers.
I understand.... the almighty dollar.
postartproductions
Art Connoisseur

Thu Dec 13, 2007 9:18 pm

Pollockprints cautioned the Disco Biscuits after complaints with their previous poster fulfillment. Unfortunately they didn't heed the warning this round.

Pollockprints takes great measures to assure its collectors receive the highest quality shipping and customer service directly from the Pollockprints.
Grateful69Phish
Art Freak

Thu Dec 13, 2007 9:24 pm

postartproductions wrote:Pollockprints cautioned the Disco Biscuits after complaints with their previous poster fulfillment. Unfortunately they didn't heed the warning this round.

Pollockprints takes great measures to assure its collectors receive the highest quality shipping and customer service directly from the Pollockprints.
Totally agree- never a doubt direct, never.

I won't buy from them again, guess Im bound to be a flipper purchaser.
Grateful69Phish
Art Freak

Thu Dec 13, 2007 9:28 pm

But I might add, you do have the option of not placing there link on the PollocksPrints website, knowing there shipping practices have proven to be less than satisfactory, even after P.P fair warning.
postartproductions
Art Connoisseur

Thu Dec 13, 2007 10:21 pm

FYI, it seems some folks from phishposters.com are reporting safe arrivals with somewhat noted strides in packaging (mainly sans craft paper though unfortunately).

Sounds like there might've been various packaging solutions utilized as some are reporting thin, non Yazoo Mills tubes without an outer box protecting it while others claim they received thick tubes, box & speedy delivery.
my Disco Biscuits Pollock arrived today from bisco merch.
It came in a Yazoo mills tube inside a USPS box.
No kraft paper but overall a good packing job.
just got mine in here....arrived in mint shape, but i guess thats lucky considering it was shipped in a thin tube, w/ no kraft paper or paper of any sort as a wraPPing and no tape on the end tubes
mine came perfect in a nice thick yazoo tube inside a long square box.
:?

Some are experiencing email notifications of cancelled orders yet still receiving their shipments while others are left waiting to receive advice after confirming their orders were placed yet not receiving a shipment yet.

:? :?
i just got an e-mail saying my order was cancelled. when I ordered there were plenty left. I even called because there was a problem with the cart and they told me my order was good and it would ship Monday. now here we are thursday and it was cancelled? hummmmmmmmmmmm
I got the same email earlier today. check your order numbers. my order that was shipped was 2577 and the order cancelled was 2576.

:? :? :?

Grateful69Phish, did yours arrive in a box and Yazoo tube at least?
Grateful69Phish
Art Freak

Thu Dec 13, 2007 11:09 pm

postartproductions wrote:FYI, it seems some folks from phishposters.com are reporting safe arrivals with somewhat noted strides in packaging (mainly sans craft paper though unfortunately).

Sounds like there might've been various packaging solutions utilized as some are reporting thin, non Yazoo Mills tubes without an outer box protecting it while others claim they received thick tubes, box & speedy delivery.
my Disco Biscuits Pollock arrived today from bisco merch.
It came in a Yazoo mills tube inside a USPS box.
No kraft paper but overall a good packing job.
just got mine in here....arrived in mint shape, but i guess thats lucky considering it was shipped in a thin tube, w/ no kraft paper or paper of any sort as a wraPPing and no tape on the end tubes
mine came perfect in a nice thick yazoo tube inside a long square box.
:?

Some are experiencing email notifications of cancelled orders yet still receiving their shipments while others are left waiting to receive advice after confirming their orders were placed yet not receiving a shipment yet.

:? :?
i just got an e-mail saying my order was cancelled. when I ordered there were plenty left. I even called because there was a problem with the cart and they told me my order was good and it would ship Monday. now here we are thursday and it was cancelled? hummmmmmmmmmmm
I got the same email earlier today. check your order numbers. my order that was shipped was 2577 and the order cancelled was 2576.

:? :? :?

Grateful69Phish, did yours arrive in a box and Yazoo tube at least?
No box- a pretty thick tube, no packing paper- no tape on the end caps.

thanks for asking
Grateful69Phish
Art Freak

Thu Dec 13, 2007 11:16 pm

Looked at the tube again- its really a bare minimum, not near the quality of the 10K Robot tubes
thegig
Art Expert

Fri Dec 14, 2007 1:57 am

No disrespect to Jim Pollock, but this may be the ugliest poster I've ever seen.
Grateful69Phish
Art Freak

Fri Dec 14, 2007 7:05 am

Im not the least bit happy now- knowing that Disco Biscuits handled the method of packaging differently, based on the buyer or the condition of the poster.........

I find it very coincidental, that a poster damaged prior to shipping, ended up being shipped like a cave-man...........

They should have just licked a stamp and placed it right on the print- ruined is ruined.

DOWN with Banzai Merchandising and the best of bad karma to them....... reflects on the Biscuits to, get your business in order.
walterfredo
Art Expert

Fri Dec 14, 2007 12:21 pm

thegig wrote:No disrespect to Jim Pollock, but this may be the ugliest poster I've ever seen.
gonna have to agree on this one, it just looks and feels funky.

That being said....my prints arrived in perfect condition...no craft paper, but they did put them in yazoo mills tubes, and arrived unscathed. I'm not reall feeling these though...if any wants to make a trade or buy these send me a PM.
weyistrilson
Art Connoisseur

Mon Dec 17, 2007 12:58 pm

Yazoo in a box, no kraft paper (although I requested it specifically in the shipping notes section of my order). Looks fine, no apparent damage.
Grateful69Phish
Art Freak

Mon Dec 17, 2007 6:31 pm

weyistrilson wrote:Yazoo in a box, no kraft paper (although I requested it specifically in the shipping notes section of my order). Looks fine, no apparent damage.
Packed by orangatangs........ they didnt even respond to my email regarding the damaged print the sent me!!!!!

No love at all and its amazing how P.P. separates themselves, no response from them either-didnt expect much, but maybe an email.

In the name of Christmas, Screw...ge the Biscuits.