Bad Mutha Goose San Francisco 89

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
automator
Nobody

Tue Sep 09, 2014 2:17 pm

This topic is dedicated to: Bad Mutha Goose San Francisco 89

del1r1ous
Art Enthusiast

Tue Sep 09, 2014 2:25 pm

This comes in at least 2 different colors, maybe 3. The first one is shown here and appears to be turquoise. Another variation is a dark yellow (urine looking color, if you are dehydrated or have a bad diet). Another that I have seen was a pale yellow/tan color, but it was obviously weathered and had aged poorly and may have just been one of the dark yellow copies that had faded.

If you know of other variations, please post them here. As this is a photocopy print, it is possible that multiple paper stocks were used.

One reason that I like this print, other than it being a late 80s, pre-Nevermind era, Nirvana flyer (and that the Covered Wagon Saloon no longer exists), is because there is a nice long story behind the Rat Fink character, which started in the 60s. I also find Bad Mutha Goose and Nirvana to be a rather odd pair to showcase together.
automator
Nobody

Thu Feb 26, 2015 6:57 am

New image Bad Mutha Goose San Francisco 89
Original dark yellow variation of photocopy flyer.

jellomcmonkeyfish
Art Connoisseur

Tue Jun 30, 2015 2:43 pm

Yellow is the only color I've seen for this flyer. I've never seen a blue, tan or white copy or any other colored one. The picture of the blue one that I submitted a while back came from a source other than my own. It's unclear if the yellow ones are from different yellow paper stock with color "variations" to the yellow paper or if they're the same stock, but aged in different conditions with different lighting. What starts out as a bright yellow, browns over time, or fades to tan if it's left in the light. I have an original yellow one that's minty fresh but with very slight browning around the edges making the edges darker yellow like Jerrods (delirious') what I'd call a burnt yellow color is. I'll add more pictures in different lighting later. I have original flyers that were made in the early 80's that have the paper color like they could have been made last week and other originals of the same flyer that look like they could have been printed at the time of Lincolns assassination. This Mentors/Malfunkshun flyer is from 1987 and is on white paper stock (see tack holes). ..Image
Last edited by jellomcmonkeyfish on Tue Jun 30, 2015 5:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
automator
Nobody

Tue Jun 30, 2015 4:13 pm

New image Bad Mutha Goose San Francisco 89 - Yellow
Original yellow copy

308psi
Art Enthusiast

Thu Dec 21, 2017 10:19 pm

I have yet to find a real one of these. EVERY copy I've seen for sale is in n/m condition with no holes, tears, wrinkles, or stains. Seems pretty odd. The teal/turquoise colored one everyone says is rare (I'm convinced no1 even knows) has been for sale for some tIme with no bids at all. Even if different stock paper was used why are they all still in mint condition. Most
Iikely because their fake. I see the same sellers on eBay for the last 2yrs with 100% positive feedback selling theses as originals. They list it, say they only have one and they pulled it from the show, then 3mnths later they have another. Then you call them out on it and they say prove it.......or tuff fudge. Pretty shitty. What else sucks is that those same ppl are on this forum. But if you don't know any better that makes it ok. Smh

I don't think any of the photos uploaded for this show are original.