Enjoy 14 Zacharevic

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
alittle
Art Freak

Fri Jul 25, 2014 1:06 am

To each their own. I wouldn't even pay $5.50 for this.
bombaguy
Art Connoisseur

Fri Jul 25, 2014 8:02 am

Believe me, even if I could afford it I would buy it just to flip it cause there's dumb people that think this is art. And I have never flipped a single poster yet cause every piece I own I like to much to part with. If the trade is right though that's a different story. Oh yeah and dont get me started with bandanas. Otoh there are plenty of graffiti artist' that are still putting out amazing original concepts and ideas art.
dss111
Art Connoisseur

Fri Jul 25, 2014 10:45 am

JohnBruce wrote:there are both red and black versions of the hand sprayed at contraband 2 isn't there.

wonder if they are the same price.
Only the red versions onsale; black versions were apparently gifts/APs
gorkie
Art Freak

Fri Jul 25, 2014 11:40 am

From Black Apple regarding the hand-sprayed edition when asked how many total there will be out there...

30 - Red main edition
7 - Black APs
5 - AP tests random color combos

(the red AP that is up for the charity auction is one of the 5 APs mentioned above)

So that is 42 total hand-sprayed prints I guess.
It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see. - Thoreau
@gorkieartdogma on Instagram
ottomatik71
Art Expert

Fri Jul 25, 2014 12:18 pm

bombaguy wrote:Believe me, even if I could afford it I would buy it just to flip it cause there's dumb people that think this is art. And I have never flipped a single poster yet cause every piece I own I like to much to part with. If the trade is right though that's a different story. Oh yeah and dont get me started with bandanas. Otoh there are plenty of graffiti artist' that are still putting out amazing original concepts and ideas art.
Dude, we get it.
You're a gig poster collector.
Go back to the Klausen or Sperry threads.
Laguy34
Art Connoisseur

Fri Jul 25, 2014 12:54 pm

ottomatik71 wrote:
bombaguy wrote:Believe me, even if I could afford it I would buy it just to flip it cause there's dumb people that think this is art. And I have never flipped a single poster yet cause every piece I own I like to much to part with. If the trade is right though that's a different story. Oh yeah and dont get me started with bandanas. Otoh there are plenty of graffiti artist' that are still putting out amazing original concepts and ideas art.
Dude, we get it.

RIGHT?! I just don't understand that philosophy. There is plenty of stuff I don't like or wouldn't spend money on, but I wouldn't waste my time putting down someone
else's taste.....jeez.....
gorkie
Art Freak

Fri Jul 25, 2014 3:00 pm

But it's ok if you put down Bambi. That fudge is truly horrible. Just sayin.

:D
Last edited by gorkie on Fri Jul 25, 2014 8:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bombaguy
Art Connoisseur

Fri Jul 25, 2014 8:22 pm

Laguy34 wrote:
ottomatik71 wrote:
Dude, we get it.

RIGHT?! I just don't understand that philosophy. There is plenty of stuff I don't like or wouldn't spend money on, but I wouldn't waste my time putting down someone
else's taste.....jeez.....
No I do collect and really enjoy graffiti art. Like Replete, Pez, roamcouch etc. Not overpriced catchphrase trademark copycatting whats "HOT" at the moment. Ernest does have some other quality stuff but just not this. And there are a lot of graffiti artists lately being commissioned to do gig posters. Hey some of my favorite artists like sperry or klausen have put out some shitty pieces to.
ottomatik71
Art Expert

Fri Jul 25, 2014 9:29 pm

LA street piece:
mrkyuss
Art God

Fri Jul 25, 2014 11:56 pm

gorkie wrote:If you can get one of these hand-sprayed prints for $550 I can pretty much guarantee you that a year from now you are not going to feel all too raped.
I feel raped reading this hype message.
President of the DALeast MAN LOVE club.
President of the Late Night Crew (LNC).
gorkie
Art Freak

Sat Jul 26, 2014 12:36 am

You'll get over it.

Honestly though it wasn't meant to be intentional hype at all.

I just really don't believe that somebody who is able to get one of those in person is going to get hurt financially with that initial cost output.

But art should be bought because you love it. Not because of what it might be worth in the future.

But not feeling raped is always good too.
mrkyuss
Art God

Sat Jul 26, 2014 2:11 am

You know I'm just kidding K, I don't even know who the artist is.
President of the DALeast MAN LOVE club.
President of the Late Night Crew (LNC).
dss111
Art Connoisseur

Sun Jul 27, 2014 12:15 pm

bombaguy wrote: No I do collect and really enjoy graffiti art. Like . . . roamcouch etc. Not overpriced catchphrase trademark copycatting whats "HOT" at the moment.
You cannot seriously mention Roamcouch and then say something like that
Hutwe
Art Expert

Mon Jul 28, 2014 7:47 am

dss111 wrote:
bombaguy wrote: No I do collect and really enjoy graffiti art. Like . . . roamcouch etc. Not overpriced catchphrase trademark copycatting whats "HOT" at the moment.
Big difference between a graffiti and street art, they are not the same.
dss111
Art Connoisseur

Tue Jul 29, 2014 12:18 am

Hutwe wrote:
dss111 wrote:
Big difference between a graffiti and street art, they are not the same.
That is accurate.