The Good, The Bad And The Ugly 14 Weston

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
Hellboy
Art Connoisseur

Tue Sep 09, 2014 3:31 pm

DidYouSeeMeEscaping wrote:
RiotAct wrote:
Cheese318 wrote:Great print wish I had one. I'm shocked the market is not flooded with extras with the greedy man at the top of this commission.
just FYI - there ARE some un-numbered prints out there too. how many is anyone's guess.
The commission had a run of 86 on the reg, with an extra 7-10 for damaged/lost prints, some of which, after safe delivery of the original batch, were then raffled off or given away in similar fashion. Personally, I like that the extras didnt get wasted and there's a slightly better chance of getting my hands on one eventually, apparently others were less pleased that the additional art wasnt destroyed. But lets not act like dozens of extra unnumbered ones have been doled out, since there's basically no evidence to suggest that.

If the extra handful of unnumbered copies ruin this print for you and you're looking to unload it, shoot a PM my way.
It does nothing to detract from the art itself but its still a crap way to run a commission IMO. I own this piece, wasn't a part of the group, paid the aftermarket price and regardless of this development it won't change the way I feel about the print and I'll enjoy it regardless once it's hanging on my wall. Bottom line the art was worth what I paid or I wouldn't have bought it.

All that being said, setting aside a handful of extras to cover damaged prints is smart but the extras beyond covering replacements should be destroyed, period!! I'm currently running a few private commissions myself with another member here and that is what we do with ours because it's the honest thing to do and it respects the ES. Having unnumbered prints out there in any way not only opens the door for more prints to mysteriously surface down the road but you're taking someone's word that only X amount were produced in the first place.
RiotAct
EB Team

Tue Sep 09, 2014 4:15 pm

Sorry - didn't mean to insinuate anything, just stating a fact.
BavarianErin
Art Expert

Tue Sep 09, 2014 4:31 pm

Hellboy wrote:
DidYouSeeMeEscaping wrote:
RiotAct wrote:
Cheese318 wrote:Great print wish I had one. I'm shocked the market is not flooded with extras with the greedy man at the top of this commission.
just FYI - there ARE some un-numbered prints out there too. how many is anyone's guess.
The commission had a run of 86 on the reg, with an extra 7-10 for damaged/lost prints, some of which, after safe delivery of the original batch, were then raffled off or given away in similar fashion. Personally, I like that the extras didnt get wasted and there's a slightly better chance of getting my hands on one eventually, apparently others were less pleased that the additional art wasnt destroyed. But lets not act like dozens of extra unnumbered ones have been doled out, since there's basically no evidence to suggest that.

If the extra handful of unnumbered copies ruin this print for you and you're looking to unload it, shoot a PM my way.
It does nothing to detract from the art itself but its still a crap way to run a commission IMO. I own this piece, wasn't a part of the group, paid the aftermarket price and regardless of this development it won't change the way I feel about the print and I'll enjoy it regardless once it's hanging on my wall. Bottom line the art was worth what I paid or I wouldn't have bought it.

All that being said, setting aside a handful of extras to cover damaged prints is smart but the extras beyond covering replacements should be destroyed, period!! I'm currently running a few private commissions myself with another member here and that is what we do with ours because it's the honest thing to do and it respects the ES. Having unnumbered prints out there in any way not only opens the door for more prints to mysteriously surface down the road but you're taking someone's word that only X amount were produced in the first place.
Words were had with the person running the commish and he basically said "If you don't like my rules, you can stay out of my commissions." Believe me, people tried to reason with him, it was fruitless, his heels were dug in too deep. I hear your points and agree with them. I'd rather have extras destroyed, even if they are used for sketchbook covers, like Kevin Tong does. I love those little sketchbooks.
Last edited by BavarianErin on Tue Sep 09, 2014 5:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage
PatHobby
Art Connoisseur

Tue Sep 09, 2014 5:34 pm

Actually, the commissioner later provided a complete breakdown of how many prints were produced - and where they went. Part of the controversy was that a SECOND run of keyline prints were produced due to a miscommunication with Seizure Palace. A lot of people missed it when the Commissioner shared this with the group since it looked so much like the earlier photo of the keyline - with just a variation in paper color.

This second run of keylines never went to the commissioner - but as per his instructions were sent from SP on to Weston himself as something like a "tip" - a special AP run beyond his regular ones - most likely for him to sell exclusively at Thought Bubble.

Both printers are accessible - SP and Mo at Lastleaf - and I'm sure they would dispute his claims about how many extras were produced if he was misreporting by a sizable number. He has since agreed to mark any overrun prints as PP to clear up any confusion, and I believe him. It was hardly JUST a "thems my rules so drymount off" thing.
BavarianErin
Art Expert

Tue Sep 09, 2014 5:49 pm

PatHobby wrote:Actually, the commissioner later provided a complete breakdown of how many prints were produced - and where they went. Part of the controversy was that a SECOND run of keyline prints were produced due to a miscommunication with Seizure Palace. A lot of people missed it when the Commissioner shared this with the group since it looked so much like the earlier photo of the keyline - with just a variation in paper color.

This second run of keylines never went to the commissioner - but as per his instructions were sent from SP on to Weston himself as something like a "tip" - a special AP run beyond his regular ones - most likely for him to sell exclusively at Thought Bubble.

Both printers are accessible - SP and Mo at Lastleaf - and I'm sure they would dispute his claims about how many extras were produced if he was misreporting by a sizable number. He has since agreed to mark any overrun prints as PP to clear up any confusion, and I believe him. It was hardly JUST a "thems my rules so drymount off" thing.
I read through the FB thread several times and despite him finally explaining everything very clearly, he was still very much "this is how I'm going to run things, sorry if you don't like it."

Edit: I'm not saying he was an ass about it or anything, just that he was very firm about the way he wants to run things. He took the advice about marking the extras PP, which seemed like a good enough solution for some of the concerned people.
ImageImage
Cheese318
Art Connoisseur

Sun Sep 14, 2014 10:34 pm

BavarianErin wrote:
PatHobby wrote:Actually, the commissioner later provided a complete breakdown of how many prints were produced - and where they went. Part of the controversy was that a SECOND run of keyline prints were produced due to a miscommunication with Seizure Palace. A lot of people missed it when the Commissioner shared this with the group since it looked so much like the earlier photo of the keyline - with just a variation in paper color.

I read through the FB thread several times and despite him finally explaining everything very clearly, he was still very much "this is how I'm going to run things, sorry if you don't like it."

Edit: I'm not saying he was an ass about it or anything, just that he was very firm about the way he wants to run things. He took the advice about marking the extras PP, which seemed like a good enough solution for some of the concerned people.
Rainbolt
Art Expert

Tue Sep 16, 2014 12:19 pm

I finally got my TGTBATU matted and framed. I found a frame that was 90% off so its a little bigger then I wanted (Only $22) but I think it came out well.

“Holding on to anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else; you are the one who gets burned.”
kyler4444
Art Expert

Tue Sep 16, 2014 12:34 pm

That's superb Rainbolt. I'm glad to see that you got it on the wall. :clap:
ISO: Stout - The Thing Image
Rainbolt
Art Expert

Tue Sep 16, 2014 2:48 pm

kyler4444 wrote:That's superb Rainbolt. I'm glad to see that you got it on the wall. :clap:
Honestly I waned on the wall sooner but they couldn't get the right mat so they substituted the color, it almost matched the one I originally picked.
“Holding on to anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else; you are the one who gets burned.”
ffactoryxx
Art Connoisseur

Wed Sep 17, 2014 10:36 am

Image[/quote]

What movie?
jeffreyjonesbsme
Art Expert

Wed Sep 17, 2014 11:55 am

ffactoryxx wrote:Image

What movie?[/quote]

The Legend of Billie Jean?
Most of what you read on the internet is not true....signed Abraham Lincoln
PatHobby
Art Connoisseur

Wed Oct 08, 2014 9:33 pm

Good price on the keyline edition here, if anyone's still looking for one...

http://forum.expressobeans.com/viewtopi ... 0&t=145112
skullyland
Art Connoisseur

Thu Oct 09, 2014 11:06 am

PatHobby wrote:Good price on the keyline edition here, if anyone's still looking for one...

http://forum.expressobeans.com/viewtopi ... 0&t=145112
Wow that kurt russell series is also priced really well, unless its for only one and not all 3.
ISO: Rhys Cooper Critters
RiotAct
EB Team

Wed Oct 15, 2014 9:44 am

Apparently there's an "Oatmeal Keyline" variant as well :lol:

WHERE THE drymount'S THE FOIL QUADRIPLEGIC KEYLINE VARIANT???
PatHobby
Art Connoisseur

Wed Oct 15, 2014 11:03 am

The "Oatmeal Keyline" is the result of a miscommunication with Seizure Palace. They never followed up with the commissioner when he asked for an estimate, so he turned around and hired Mo at Lastleaf to do the keyline. Then SP came back and presented the keylines they had produced. Commissioner had them sent directly to Weston as a "tip". They were never supposed to exist - but they were too pretty to be destroyed.