QOTSA San Francisco 14 Gan

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
qtully
Art Connoisseur

Fri Apr 18, 2014 1:29 pm

a great print and a drymounting great show.

and thanks to merch staff for limiting the number of posters being sold. i saw a guy with what must have been at least 10 prints.
pewter14
EB Team

Fri Apr 18, 2014 1:56 pm

Not gonna lie, I snapped up 4 ... but only one was mine, the other 3 were for friends/ebeaners (one a former ebeaner ... miss you round here, coldsore!)

I think there were still a few at the end of the night at the merch stand, actually. Quite a few of them must have got stomped on the floor. Saw a lot of rolled up, gorilla gripping of prints going on in the pits.
mistersmith wrote:Brady is one of the best QBs in history and will forever been seen as such.
Two links every EB member should read, please take a moment:

EB Wiki - How to Ship a Print in a Tube

Expressobeans For Sale Forum - Open Market Guidelines
qtully
Art Connoisseur

Fri Apr 18, 2014 2:18 pm

pewter14 wrote:Not gonna lie, I snapped up 4 ... but only one was mine, the other 3 were for friends/ebeaners (one a former ebeaner ... miss you round here, coldsore!)

I think there were still a few at the end of the night at the merch stand, actually. Quite a few of them must have got stomped on the floor. Saw a lot of rolled up, gorilla gripping of prints going on in the pits.
That's why I didn't bother picking one up at the show. There will be more than enough on eBay soon for dirt cheap prices

...plus I just don't want to spend an entire show worrying about my print or the tube that I have to put my print in. I didn't pay $60 to worry about a poster ...I paid $60 to have my face melted off by one of the best rock and roll bands on the planet.
snowrider04
Art Connoisseur

Fri Apr 18, 2014 6:52 pm

wasn't at the show regretfully, but Bill Graham Civic has a coat check, so check your tube, forget about it and rock out. The $3 you'll pay for piece of mind knowing your poster is safe while you enjoy the show is totally worth it.

Bummed I missed Fun Machine Took a fudge and Died, nice little rarity there.
bazzer

Mon May 05, 2014 5:46 pm

pewter14 wrote:Not gonna lie, I snapped up 4 ... but only one was mine, the other 3 were for friends/ebeaners (one a former ebeaner ... miss you round here, coldsore!)
I was in San Fran from New Zealand for a wedding, so made the most of it and hit this show while I was there. Unfortunately, I got there late (just in time to see the band hit the stage) and didn't know where the posters were. There were none at the merch stand upstairs and I didn't have time to check any others.

Towards the end I saw a guy with a poster so during one of the boring songs (haha, j/k but I'd seen them in NZ a few weeks earlier so I was OK skipping part of a song) I busted out to check the other merch stands but the main one downstairs was sold out. I did pick up the event-specific shirt though so it was worth it. Bummer because I even bought a poster tube with me from NZ to protect my poster!

I'm assuming these will get sold by emek sometime in the future? Really hoping to pick one up then...
jcbudny
Art Connoisseur

Tue May 06, 2014 4:23 pm

I would love to see EMEK put out an Art Print edition of this, not a "melt your face off" rock fan, but I do really like this print. Take the QotSA off and I'd be in for one.
THC x 3
automator
Nobody

Tue May 06, 2014 4:38 pm

New image QOTSA San Francisco 14 Gan / EMEK
Original sketch by Gan.

gogitchershinebox
Art Connoisseur

Thu May 08, 2014 3:12 pm

The A/E is $100 shipped from Emek -- flippers will be lucky to break even.
xbrc
Art Expert

Thu May 08, 2014 3:16 pm

Gone
veltri
Art Expert

Thu May 08, 2014 3:16 pm

gogitchershinebox wrote:The A/E is $100 shipped from Emek -- flippers will be lucky to break even.
Thanks for convincing them and allowing me to +1
strongstuff wrote: i want to watch those fools squirm.
gogitchershinebox
Art Connoisseur

Thu May 08, 2014 3:21 pm

veltri wrote:
gogitchershinebox wrote:The A/E is $100 shipped from Emek -- flippers will be lucky to break even.
Thanks for convincing them and allowing me to +1
:clap:
bazzer

Thu May 08, 2014 3:21 pm

Damn, my first time trying for an emek sale, I was obviously too complacent. Got the buy button but took too long with the paypal stuff. How long was it up for and is that normal?

Time to start looking for a flipper I guess...
mcupp77
Art Connoisseur

Thu May 08, 2014 4:08 pm

bazzer wrote:Damn, my first time trying for an emek sale, I was obviously too complacent. Got the buy button but took too long with the paypal stuff. How long was it up for and is that normal?

Time to start looking for a flipper I guess...
See http://forum.expressobeans.com/viewtopi ... 0&start=15
talevine
Art Connoisseur

Thu May 08, 2014 4:19 pm

wish I knew you were going to the show. I got there late and no more posters :(

but I did score on Emek's site ;)
automator
Nobody

Thu May 08, 2014 8:48 pm

New image QOTSA San Francisco 14 Gan / EMEK
Foil Edition