Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers 13 Horkey

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
jkw3000
EB Team

Thu Nov 20, 2014 4:12 pm

ROTK was a screening exclusive, yes, hence the run size. What I meant was that, if it was planned from the beginning that there would be a trilogy, having one of the three with a smaller run size than the other two would probably drive a lot of completionists nuts. :P This is all assuming FOTR has the same run size as TT though.
35mmpaul wrote:We are addicted to things that hurt our butts.
antiyou
Art Expert

Thu Nov 20, 2014 4:14 pm

What do you mean "would probably"? I would say most certainly is...

Kind of funny recalling how pissed I was for paying $400 for the pair...
jkw3000
EB Team

Thu Nov 20, 2014 4:43 pm

antiyou wrote:What do you mean "would probably"? I would say most certainly is...
Trying to be tactful. ;)
35mmpaul wrote:We are addicted to things that hurt our butts.
antiyou
Art Expert

Thu Nov 20, 2014 4:54 pm

jkw3000 wrote:
antiyou wrote:What do you mean "would probably"? I would say most certainly is...
Trying to be tactful. ;)
Not my style :lol:
aznpunkyu
Art Connoisseur

Thu Nov 20, 2014 8:09 pm

antiyou wrote: Kind of funny recalling how pissed I was for paying $400 for the pair...
damn luuuuckkyyyyy...TT was my first print into the poster game and into the world of Horkey. I spent $320 on TT in April
Image THC x 3
badlieut
Art Connoisseur

Mon Dec 15, 2014 6:14 pm

badlieut wrote:
fallenangel1 wrote:Well given his style and the fact that he's already featured the Nazgul and treebeard already .. for the initial FOTR .. what would be the most ideal .. the Elvish kingdom or the Shire? While I would prefer some awesome and bold characters .. maybe the shire is the star of the first film. I have ROTK and am on the look out for TTT (since I failed on the drop) .. I am eager to see what Horkey has in store for FOTR.
I'm hoping for a fiery Balrog but I'm not counting on it.
Glad my hopes came true!
bmerwinsuwc
Art Expert

Tue Dec 16, 2014 2:05 pm

Still prefer this to either Fellowship or King. Treebeard, Merry, and Pippin are my favorite characters.
I think the JC Richard Fellowship and King will look nice hanging on either side of my framed Two Towers :P
fallenangel1
Art Expert

Wed Dec 17, 2014 3:13 pm

badlieut wrote:
badlieut wrote:
fallenangel1 wrote:Well given his style and the fact that he's already featured the Nazgul and treebeard already .. for the initial FOTR .. what would be the most ideal .. the Elvish kingdom or the Shire? While I would prefer some awesome and bold characters .. maybe the shire is the star of the first film. I have ROTK and am on the look out for TTT (since I failed on the drop) .. I am eager to see what Horkey has in store for FOTR.
I'm hoping for a fiery Balrog but I'm not counting on it.
Glad my hopes came true!
I am glad too, I think the print looks great!
Buy and sell pop-culture items!
https://GetKulture.com/
recycler
Art Expert

Mon May 04, 2015 8:46 am

The resale value on the regular edition is nuts - low price. I personally think this is the best poster out of the three. The other two are great, but they are too crowded. In the other two the subjects are difficult to distinguish from the ground. The Ent and the two hobbitses are clean and clear.

I still cannot wait until I get the variant framed and hung. The colors are just superb.
RiotAct
EB Team

Mon May 04, 2015 9:58 pm

recycler wrote:The resale value on the regular edition is nuts - low price. I personally think this is the best poster out of the three. The other two are great, but they are too crowded. In the other two the subjects are difficult to distinguish from the ground. The Ent and the two hobbitses are clean and clear.

I still cannot wait until I get the variant framed and hung. The colors are just superb.
People need that ca$h for MondoWrestleCon.
mfaith
EB Team Emeritus

Sun Oct 08, 2017 6:53 pm

aaronhorkey wrote:The Two Towers (detail), ink & gouache on paper, 2013. A small section of the ink drawing used to build the screenprinted poster for @mondotees - I would eventually wind up completing the trilogy the following year with Fellowship... #aaronhorkey #mondo #thelordoftherings #entridaz #stumpreferencelibrary
So it goes...
automator
Nobody

Sun Oct 08, 2017 6:54 pm

New image OG Ink Detail