To Honor Chaos 13 Horkey

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
fourthstooge
Art Expert

Tue Nov 26, 2013 12:07 pm

Buying something from some guy who's in a tight knit group who received a gift from the artist and then advertising the fact. Hmmm....what do you think will happen?

I used to be a collector...now I'm a hoarder.
alittle
Art Freak

Tue Nov 26, 2013 12:12 pm

b-b-but he had only the best intentions in mind and he is a super duper collector!
partpat
Art Freak

Tue Nov 26, 2013 12:13 pm

alittle wrote:b-b-but he had only the best intentions in mind and he is a super duper collector!
:crazy:
fourthstooge
Art Expert

Tue Nov 26, 2013 12:49 pm

I quietly bought a poster from a guy a while back who had somebody else PB for him to get it. The PB had some hassle to do it but when the guy got it, he just didn't like it. He was gracious to the PB and thanked him but didn't tell him he didn't like the poster. Instead, he sold it to me and I was quiet about it. There has been a good bit of time since this happened but nobody knows the who or what in this but me and the guy I bought it from. It wasn't a great situation for anybody involved but me since I got what I wanted.

I think the way we all handled it is the way this should have been handled.

People are calling the guy out who sold it and we don't know his/her situation. I'm in THC and have one of these myself and it's not going anywhere. That said, if I had job problems or just had bills stacked up with Christmas right around the corner and my kids didn't have anything for Christmas, I wouldn't hesitate letting go of some of my stuff for them. I wouldn't be happy to see it go but that's life. This print was a gift and several people went through a lot of effort to get these out to us and we're very appreciative. I'm hoping this is some guy who is using this to provide for his kids or keep the lights on and didn't just join THC in the hopes he'd get something to flip. If I had to sell mine, I'd sure as hell demand they stay quiet about it as part of the deal.

My $.02, which may be worth less in other places but it's still two pennies here!
I used to be a collector...now I'm a hoarder.
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Tue Nov 26, 2013 2:18 pm

Codeblue wrote:Horkey is the new Mondo.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
talkingdeads
Art Expert

Tue Nov 26, 2013 2:28 pm

One day it will be your turn to be popular, blue.
bmerel
Art Expert

Tue Nov 26, 2013 2:32 pm

alittle wrote:b-b-but he had only the best intentions in mind and he is a super duper collector!

So, you grab the screen from Facebook PB&T (which is in fact a private group), post it here, and then give ME fudge? Dude, get it together. Your assholeness is at an extreme high. Take it easy, have a snack and move on with your day. I'm sorry you've been offended to the point of malice but I assure you, this was not done to ruffle your personal feathers. I'm a positive and contributing member of this forum. Take the negativity and bashing to someone that deserves it, please.
alittle
Art Freak

Tue Nov 26, 2013 2:48 pm

I have to run to a meeting so I can't respond in detail, but you have to be the biggest drymounting joke on this forum. How anyone has even a modicum of respect for an obnoxious clown that continually makes an ass out of himself is beyond me. I cringe every time you post.
RambosRemodeler
Art Freak

Tue Nov 26, 2013 3:49 pm

alittle wrote:I have to run to a meeting so I can't respond in detail, but you have to be the biggest drymounting joke on this forum. How anyone has even a modicum of respect for an obnoxious clown that continually makes an ass out of himself is beyond me. I cringe every time you post.
I love the holidays because people are normally super nice but EB is shattering that illusion. Y'all are making me sad. So much anger and hate the past few days :shock:

Anyone want to shoot me a pm and let me know why everyone apparently hates bmerel (excluding what has transpired in the past 2 days) ?
choke wrote:I won't give up a flip that I can get myself to someone who is convinced they need it. None of us need any of this fudge. It's art. It's not medicine.
whl10
Art Expert

Tue Nov 26, 2013 3:54 pm

think you guys should start a new thread about the sale.
if i was in thc i wouldnt want this thread clogged up with this nonsense and all the members (like me) that flock towards the nonsense. let them have their nice thing. most deserve it.
bmerel
Art Expert

Tue Nov 26, 2013 3:58 pm

To unclog...
I will be framing this one myself and as soon as it's done, pics a plenty.
:pint:
BennyR502
Art Connoisseur

Tue Nov 26, 2013 4:12 pm

Isn't it against the rules to post pictures of people on this board that includes their personal identification without their consent?
alittle
Art Freak

Tue Nov 26, 2013 4:16 pm

Surely you must be joking. Look at his EB profile, which links directly to his website, http://www.brianmerel.com, or maybe you can look at http://www.merelgallery.com, a link spammed on the forum several times by the man himself, which features a picture of his face.

And whomever made the comment that this thread is not the place for these discussions is right. I'd be happy to move an further dialogue to PM.
mrkyuss
Art God

Tue Nov 26, 2013 4:26 pm

Another day of EB madness! This site delivers.
President of the DALeast MAN LOVE club.
President of the Late Night Crew (LNC).
mrkyuss
Art God

Tue Nov 26, 2013 10:11 pm

Surely the dude who sold it will be kicked out? if a spot opens in the Hork club, can I join?
President of the DALeast MAN LOVE club.
President of the Late Night Crew (LNC).