To Honor Chaos 13 Horkey

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
bmerel
Art Expert

Mon Nov 25, 2013 4:43 pm

Sorry. My bad. Again, no intent of nastiness. You all know me and what i do and that i'm not a nasty member/human. The intention was pure and not meant as malicious. Anyway, apologies.
mistersmith
Art Freak

Mon Nov 25, 2013 4:53 pm

We can't really pick on bmerel for buying one of these. If we didn't have one we'd all want to just the same.

We can only hope the seller gave it to him for next to nothing, but, you know, fat chance. And we can hope the seller has the good graces to bow out of the next THC event. Hey bmerel, maybe send Craig a PM letting him know who sold you that print...
electrachrome, mostly kidding wrote:mr smith, EB's poet laureate.
Take this man at his word:
misterx wrote:Don't enter into discourse with me.
murdock
Art Expert

Mon Nov 25, 2013 4:59 pm

Sad sad sad thing

(the sale, not that someone is buying)
Don’t deal with MillerTime04 - he’s a scammer
pittidesart
Art Expert

Mon Nov 25, 2013 5:08 pm

I am glad it went to a collector and not a flipper. I was also offered this at a decent price but felt weird and continue to feel weird about it. Sometimes things happen to make you have to sell stuff so if the seller needed the cash, and it went to a stand up member whats the harm? I see both sides. weird situation for sure.
Official website: http://www.pittidesart.com
greenhorn1
Art Expert

Mon Nov 25, 2013 5:14 pm

We all knew it was going to happen and I'm sure it's not the last one that will be sold. I just hope that Craig either finds out who sold theirs or that posting proof of current ownership is required for THC 5. There's certainly no place for people like that in this group.
ISO Horkey Stacy Lowery Paleo Deck. $$$$$$$ (or trade)
wottagunn
Art Expert

Mon Nov 25, 2013 5:16 pm

bmerel shouldn't be taking any flak here. The seller should. Selling this is tasteless and drymounting rude.
ceevee
Art Expert

Mon Nov 25, 2013 5:16 pm

wottagunn wrote:bmerel shouldn't be taking any flak here. The seller should. Selling this is tasteless and drymounting rude.
Yup.
murdock
Art Expert

Mon Nov 25, 2013 5:56 pm

pittidesart wrote:Sometimes things happen to make you have to sell stuff so if the seller needed the cash, and it went to a stand up member whats the harm? I see both sides. weird situation for sure.
Nothing weird about it. There's someone who signed up for the free shwag and to make money. Pure and simple. Woohoo for capitalism.
Don’t deal with MillerTime04 - he’s a scammer
pittidesart
Art Expert

Mon Nov 25, 2013 6:02 pm

well if that is truly the case: signing up just to get a print to sell, then yes that person should be outed from THC for sure. But what if that wasn't the case? What if the seller lost his job and has to sell his entire collection? I do not know if this is the case, but should that person be banned or yelled at? I sure wouldn't be upset, again, at least it is going to a true collector and fan.
partpat
Art Freak

Mon Nov 25, 2013 6:05 pm

pittidesart wrote:well if that is truly the case: signing up just to get a print to sell, then yes that person should be outed from THC for sure. But what if that wasn't the case? What if the seller lost his job and has to sell his entire collection? I do not know if this is the case, but should that person be banned or yelled at? I sure wouldn't be upset, again, at least it is going to a true collector and fan.
Would be pretty interesting timing being like one week from when the print had landed. Ah well that is the way this fudge goes I guess, most people are just classless fudge heads.
tourist504
Art Expert

Mon Nov 25, 2013 6:09 pm

A sale already?

1. How much?

2. I want to see some frame-ups, dammit. I came here for ideas...
maden wrote:I would like to see a 16"+ diameter tube.
BlakeAronson wrote:This one is just big enough, but not too overwhelming in size.
jordachep wrote::drool: Can't believe the size. I want this so bad.
Imagex6
pittidesart
Art Expert

Mon Nov 25, 2013 6:18 pm

partpat wrote:
pittidesart wrote:well if that is truly the case: signing up just to get a print to sell, then yes that person should be outed from THC for sure. But what if that wasn't the case? What if the seller lost his job and has to sell his entire collection? I do not know if this is the case, but should that person be banned or yelled at? I sure wouldn't be upset, again, at least it is going to a true collector and fan.
Would be pretty interesting timing being like one week from when the print had landed. Ah well that is the way this fudge goes I guess, most people are just classless fudge heads.
True. I guess I am giving the seller the benefit of the doubt and hope it was just a bad time in his/her life right now. I like to see the good BEFORE the bad.
veltri
Art Expert

Mon Nov 25, 2013 6:34 pm

I think it's sad to charge money for something like this, but they basically sold their future involvement in THC. Not worth it IMHO.

Aaron and Tapecat were certainly unhappy that people were selling Plighting the Troth. I'm convinced a current pic of your To Honor Chaos edition number will be a requirement for future participation.
strongstuff wrote: i want to watch those fools squirm.
Ladybugjwl
Art Connoisseur

Mon Nov 25, 2013 6:44 pm

tourist504 wrote:A sale already?

1. How much?

2. I want to see some frame-ups, dammit. I came here for ideas...
In response to #2 there are some frame ups in the THC thread to look at.
Baker wrote: "LBJ, what the fudge does Lyndon B. Johnson have to do with this?!"

tourist504
Art Expert

Mon Nov 25, 2013 6:54 pm

OMW....
maden wrote:I would like to see a 16"+ diameter tube.
BlakeAronson wrote:This one is just big enough, but not too overwhelming in size.
jordachep wrote::drool: Can't believe the size. I want this so bad.
Imagex6