Calvin & Hobbes 92 Watterson

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
amb6883
Art Connoisseur

Tue Nov 19, 2013 12:25 pm

partpat wrote:
treweman wrote:For a large Watterson OG, I would give up all of my art collection and start over. I've actually thought about this quite a bit, and am serious.

I know you have a pretty serious collection too but I have to say that yeah it would totally be worth it.
Don't think my collection will ever be worth enough for a Watterson Original. :hanging: Not that they come up often anyway.

Also, pretty sure the only bid on the litho on ebay is the seller. I imagine more will be popping up now though after the last sale and with this one currently listed at $7k.
s_k_y
Art Expert

Tue Nov 19, 2013 12:31 pm

If you come across a Watterson sketch be careful, there are lots of fakes out there.
partpat
Art Freak

Tue Nov 19, 2013 12:35 pm

Someone posted a very rare and very cool recentish interview with Watterson that was very intersting. If anyone has that link this would be as good a place as any to post it.
greenhorn1
Art Expert

Tue Nov 19, 2013 12:38 pm

I posted it but can't remember where i found it.

I'll post this here though in case it interests anyone.
http://forum.expressobeans.com/viewtopi ... m#p2352320
ISO Horkey Stacy Lowery Paleo Deck. $$$$$$$ (or trade)
statik
Art Expert

Tue Nov 19, 2013 2:28 pm

And don't forget about the amazing new documentary "Dear Mr Watterson". I'm just waiting to purchase but a legit torrent has finally showed up in the meantime. It's playing in a few select theaters too.

I don't think those bids are real. I remember one of those guys kept pming me constantly on here trying to get me to buy it for a insane price. If those bids are real though, I'll just have to drink the pain away of not being able to own this anytime soon (I didn't say never).

Down the hatch!

ImageImage
drymount your sig!
ToolFanFromWayBack
Art Expert

Tue Nov 19, 2013 7:08 pm

amb6883 wrote:
partpat wrote:
treweman wrote:For a large Watterson OG, I would give up all of my art collection and start over. I've actually thought about this quite a bit, and am serious.

I know you have a pretty serious collection too but I have to say that yeah it would totally be worth it.
Don't think my collection will ever be worth enough for a Watterson Original. :hanging: Not that they come up often anyway.

Also, pretty sure the only bid on the litho on ebay is the seller. I imagine more will be popping up now though after the last sale and with this one currently listed at $7k.
I hope so, maybe one will get into the realm of possibility. Also, can't you throw in shipping if you are selling a $7000 print?
I need more. Nothing seems to satisfy. I don't want it. I just need it. To feel, to breathe, to know I'm alive. - MJK
“People incapable of guilt usually have a good time.” - Rust Cohle
Presenting Codeblue's 30000th post -
Codeblue wrote:bump
ceevee
Art Expert

Tue Nov 19, 2013 7:33 pm

partpat wrote:Someone posted a very rare and very cool recentish interview with Watterson that was very intersting. If anyone has that link this would be as good a place as any to post it.
Maybe you are thinking of this one: http://mentalfloss.com/article/53216/me ... -watterson
- which is only a teaser from the email exchange with Watterson. The full interview is still to come!
amb6883
Art Connoisseur

Wed Nov 20, 2013 9:22 pm

...another fake bid
amb6883
Art Connoisseur

Tue Mar 18, 2014 5:49 pm

Received this from the seller that removed the last litho from Ebay eBay 251469754460
Please check the attachment for more photos. I don't have the letter.
If you are interested I want to make the transaction through Skrill. This way you will have the opportunity to inspect the lithograph before you actually pay for it. I'm saying this because you will have a maximum 14 days inspection period. You will send the money to Skrill and they will keep the money for us. As soon as Skrill has the money I will ship the lithograph to you.
Skrill releases funds to the Seller once the inspection period has passed without the Buyer requesting cancellation of the transaction and upon Skrill verification of the transaction information. The inspection period is agreed to by both the Buyer and the Seller and commences once the Buyer has received the item. Funds are released to the Seller the same or next business day after completion of the transaction and upon verification by Internet Skrill Services.
As soon as I will have your full name and also your full shipping address I will open an escrow case with Skrill and they will give you step by step details on how to proceed with the deal and to make the payment.
Thanks,
Brian
He attached photos of the one that sold for $5,600.00 back in October and now only wants $1,500.00. Buyers remorse I guess...I should send him the money immediately right?
ToolFanFromWayBack
Art Expert

Tue Mar 18, 2014 7:20 pm

amb6883 wrote:Received this from the seller that removed the last litho from Ebay eBay 251469754460
Please check the attachment for more photos. I don't have the letter.
If you are interested I want to make the transaction through Skrill. This way you will have the opportunity to inspect the lithograph before you actually pay for it. I'm saying this because you will have a maximum 14 days inspection period. You will send the money to Skrill and they will keep the money for us. As soon as Skrill has the money I will ship the lithograph to you.
Skrill releases funds to the Seller once the inspection period has passed without the Buyer requesting cancellation of the transaction and upon Skrill verification of the transaction information. The inspection period is agreed to by both the Buyer and the Seller and commences once the Buyer has received the item. Funds are released to the Seller the same or next business day after completion of the transaction and upon verification by Internet Skrill Services.
As soon as I will have your full name and also your full shipping address I will open an escrow case with Skrill and they will give you step by step details on how to proceed with the deal and to make the payment.
Thanks,
Brian
He attached photos of the one that sold for $5,600.00 back in October and now only wants $1,500.00. Buyers remorse I guess...I should send him the money immediately right?
Absolutely. No chance that is a scam. :roll: God I want one of these. I may have to search for a high res image and print one out for myself as that is as close as I will ever get to one.
I need more. Nothing seems to satisfy. I don't want it. I just need it. To feel, to breathe, to know I'm alive. - MJK
statik
Art Expert

Wed Apr 02, 2014 5:16 pm

Looks like fudge in those photos on ebay.

Near mint condition - color slightly faded? That kind of money that piece better be drymounting perfect and give me head at the same time.
drymount your sig!
amb6883
Art Connoisseur

Fri Apr 04, 2014 6:18 pm

statik wrote:Looks like fudge in those photos on ebay.

Near mint condition - color slightly faded? That kind of money that piece better be drymounting perfect and give me head at the same time.
They relisted it after it did not sell with more pictures that make it look even shittier.

Also, there is another one on Ebay right now in pretty rough shape too, but it does not seem to be numbered. :?

eBay 111318935412
ToolFanFromWayBack
Art Expert

Fri Apr 04, 2014 11:25 pm

amb6883 wrote:
statik wrote:Looks like fudge in those photos on ebay.

They relisted it after it did not sell with more pictures that make it look even shittier.

Also, there is another one on Ebay right now in pretty rough shape too, but it does not seem to be numbered. :?

eBay 111318935412
That is sorely tempting me. My holy grail of holy grails...
ToolFanFromWayBack
Art Expert

Sat Apr 05, 2014 12:25 am

Emailed the guy and he said that it was not numbered. For some reason I thought these were numbered and the letter with them mentioned the number. He also said that the photos where a pretty good representation of how the print has faded. Looks really faded. I am seriously tempted to throw an offer at him for this.
Sithlord32
Art Expert

Sat Apr 05, 2014 12:33 am

Best comic strip ever. Own the entire Omnibus' have no idea how many times I have read them.
You can eat from a golden spoon but the cornflakes will taste the same

THC x 5