Calvin & Hobbes 92 Watterson

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
ToolFanFromWayBack
Art Expert

Sat Apr 05, 2014 11:55 pm

anyone have an idea where on the print these are numbered? The guys says it is not numbered...
I need more. Nothing seems to satisfy. I don't want it. I just need it. To feel, to breathe, to know I'm alive. - MJK
“People incapable of guilt usually have a good time.” - Rust Cohle
Presenting Codeblue's 30000th post -
Codeblue wrote:bump
statik
Art Expert

Fri Dec 12, 2014 6:04 pm

$6500 for a gift? From a member who just signed up today?

Someone better jump on that. :roll:
drymount your sig!
ToolFanFromWayBack
Art Expert

Fri Dec 12, 2014 10:13 pm

if I didn't have to make my next 3 1/2 house payments I would definitely explore it...
I need more. Nothing seems to satisfy. I don't want it. I just need it. To feel, to breathe, to know I'm alive. - MJK
treweman
Art Expert

Sat Sep 19, 2015 11:08 pm

OK, as collectors we all understand impulse buys. I have pretty much only been collecting originals for the last two-three years, but damn I have wanted this print in the worst way. So ... I just bought the one listed on ebay. I contacted the seller and asked questions, was satisfied with the answers, and it turns out he works for a newspaper whose offices are two miles from where I work, and he agreed that I could pick it up in person. The final price was $3251, which is mind boggling for a lithograph with a run of 1000, but a shitload better than other recorded sales. I'm now both excited and worried. Excited to get a grail print, but worried that the condition matches what I was told. I'll have to update this post in a few days, hopefully with good news.
MillerTime04
Art Expert

Sat Sep 19, 2015 11:11 pm

Wow congrats man, where did you find the seller
Art comes alive in the arguments you have about it
danebp
Art Expert

Sat Sep 19, 2015 11:19 pm

Congratulations, treweman. Hope all pans out. A great score!
treweman
Art Expert

Sun Sep 20, 2015 4:59 pm

MillerTime04 wrote:Wow congrats man, where did you find the seller
I contacted him through ebay. Noticed the town where he lived was close to me ...
danebp wrote:Congratulations, treweman. Hope all pans out. A great score!
So far, so good. I paid using paypal, and he is refunding the shipping. We also exchanged phone numbers. At this point, I'm pretty stoked. He also shared the frame shop that he used, and 23 years later, it is still in business and I've had dealings with them. If this deal goes sour, it's going to be a serious kick in the pants.
MillerTime04
Art Expert

Sun Sep 20, 2015 7:18 pm

treweman wrote:
MillerTime04 wrote:Wow congrats man, where did you find the seller
I contacted him through ebay. Noticed the town where he lived was close to me ...
danebp wrote:Congratulations, treweman. Hope all pans out. A great score!
So far, so good. I paid using paypal, and he is refunding the shipping. We also exchanged phone numbers. At this point, I'm pretty stoked. He also shared the frame shop that he used, and 23 years later, it is still in business and I've had dealings with them. If this deal goes sour, it's going to be a serious kick in the pants.
I think I remember a similar situation for a certain framed print from a few years back ;) , still very grateful.
treweman
Art Expert

Sun Sep 20, 2015 7:21 pm

Ha! The Neptune Diner in Oneonta.
finneganm
Art Freak

Sun Sep 20, 2015 8:57 pm

Wow. Grab a beer at the Autumn Cafe for me.
That's what she said
MillerTime04
Art Expert

Sun Sep 20, 2015 10:25 pm

treweman wrote:Ha! The Neptune Diner in Oneonta.

That's the stuff.
ToolFanFromWayBack
Art Expert

Sun Sep 20, 2015 10:50 pm

treweman wrote:OK, as collectors we all understand impulse buys. I have pretty much only been collecting originals for the last two-three years, but damn I have wanted this print in the worst way. So ... I just bought the one listed on ebay. I contacted the seller and asked questions, was satisfied with the answers, and it turns out he works for a newspaper whose offices are two miles from where I work, and he agreed that I could pick it up in person. The final price was $3251, which is mind boggling for a lithograph with a run of 1000, but a shitload better than other recorded sales. I'm now both excited and worried. Excited to get a grail print, but worried that the condition matches what I was told. I'll have to update this post in a few days, hopefully with good news.
This makes me all kinds of happy (and jealous)! Congrats!
ToolFanFromWayBack
Art Expert

Mon Sep 21, 2015 3:31 pm

Please post pictures when you get a chance!
Danno1
Art Expert

Mon Sep 21, 2015 7:00 pm

treweman wrote:OK, as collectors we all understand impulse buys. I have pretty much only been collecting originals for the last two-three years, but damn I have wanted this print in the worst way. So ... I just bought the one listed on ebay. I contacted the seller and asked questions, was satisfied with the answers, and it turns out he works for a newspaper whose offices are two miles from where I work, and he agreed that I could pick it up in person. The final price was $3251, which is mind boggling for a lithograph with a run of 1000, but a shitload better than other recorded sales. I'm now both excited and worried. Excited to get a grail print, but worried that the condition matches what I was told. I'll have to update this post in a few days, hopefully with good news.

Congrats man, sounds legit so far.
stay thirsty my friends
treweman
Art Expert

Wed Sep 23, 2015 4:32 pm

A poor quality IPAD photo ... The lithograph is in wonderful condition with little to no fading, even after 23 years. It is getting new mats, museum glass, and frame.