Blade Runner 08 Bêla / Kako

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
Kakofonia
Art Enthusiast

Sun Jan 19, 2014 7:56 am

statik wrote:I just want to add to the pool of collective thanks here. You accomplished something that you might not even realize Kako and Carlos. I'm not the biggest Blade Runner fan but I could not deny that this release is a solid piece of art. For that reason alone I had to own it. The fact I love bird art is just a added bonus. I'm blaming the eyes. I think you threw a subliminal message in the detail of those eyes.

There's people who will collect music gig prints of bands that they personally don't even listen to (in some cases they even hate the bands music) BUT the art on the gig print will be that good that they can look beyond that. I've been a victim of this many times. So congrats on pulling off that stunt.

One thing I can't ignore as well. You said Adam approached you back in MAY. How cool is that? I love the fact HCG just always seems to be one step ahead. When it comes online sales time and you see page results of art that are in the double digits for each show just shows HCG crew knows how to put the work in to pull off a success. You made the right choice in choosing to deal with them and I hope you continue to do so. Thank you for finally making this release happen.
You don't know how happy reading this makes me feel.

Thank you everyone, I'll make sure Carlos get all these messages.

And yes, HCG is the best. Start working with them was definitely one of the highlights of last year. Adam is introducing me to this world of alternate posters, he is very kind to explain everything I need to know whenever I have questions regarding this business and the patience he has when I deliver my stuff in the very last minute is unparalleled :wink:
Kako
http://www.kakofonia.com
-------------------------------------
behance: Kakofonia
instagram: Kakofonia
facebook: Kakofonia
twitter: @kakofonicas
tumblr: kakofonia.tumblr.com
Kakofonia
Art Enthusiast

Sun Jan 19, 2014 8:17 am

bert wrote:Thanks for providing that background history, Kako! This design is one of my absolute favourites of this entire alternate movie poster scene, a classic IMO. I can't wait to see these two new designs 'in the flesh'

A quick question, what is the Kanji/text/symbol in the top right of the Final Cut?
It means ORIGIN.

It's one of the neons right on the beginning of the movie. We knew we didn't want to use that "Man Has Made His Match" again so I started playing around with ideas. First I've recreated the Tyrrel Corp logo to use like a subtle watermark but it was going to be redundant, we already had the eye.

When we got back to the posters again in 2012 I was watching DANGEROUS DAYS and one of the designers was talking about the neons he made for the movie and one of them was this kanji, and I felt it would be perfect for the poster. Here it is (neons at 48 minutes):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hFKpBsNEzfM

In the end we decided to use it only on the FINAL CUT.
Last edited by Kakofonia on Sun Jan 19, 2014 12:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kako
http://www.kakofonia.com
behance: Kakofonia
instagram: Kakofonia
facebook: Kakofonia
twitter: @kakofonicas
tumblr: kakofonia.tumblr.com
mrwak
Art Connoisseur

Sun Jan 19, 2014 10:01 am

Thanks for coming over for some behind the scenes explanation ; keep up the good work, really happy to see those designs come to life!
finneganm wrote: Come see Al lien on Blurgday, Januanerrry 28nd! In spaces some people can smell you yelling.
mtarail
Art Expert

Sun Jan 19, 2014 12:40 pm

mrwak wrote:Thanks for coming over for some behind the scenes explanation ; keep up the good work, really happy to see those designs come to life!
Agreed. I didn't even know the 08 version existed. But this poster really nails Blade Runner, imo. It's getting my AOTW vote. :pint:
automator
Nobody

Sun Jan 19, 2014 9:38 pm

New image Blade Runner 08 Bela / Kako - Directors Cut Detail

automator
Nobody

New image Blade Runner 08 Bela / Kako - Directors Cut Detail

automator
Nobody

New image Blade Runner 08 Bela / Kako - Final Cut Detail

automator
Nobody

New image Blade Runner 08 Bela / Kako - Final Cut Detail

LeeKaye
Art Expert

Mon Jan 20, 2014 4:56 am

Nice...
RambosRemodeler
Art Freak

Mon Jan 20, 2014 4:58 am

LeeKaye wrote:Nice...
drymount yeah they are.
choke wrote:I won't give up a flip that I can get myself to someone who is convinced they need it. None of us need any of this fudge. It's art. It's not medicine.
bert
Art Expert

Mon Jan 20, 2014 6:13 am

Kakofonia wrote:
bert wrote:A quick question, what is the Kanji/text/symbol in the top right of the Final Cut?
It means ORIGIN.
Obrigado! Very interesting, thank you for the comprehensive reply.
PrintNoob87
Art Expert

Mon Jan 20, 2014 1:51 pm

Wow, those look incredibly striking.
TSgtJedi
Art Connoisseur

Thu Jan 23, 2014 2:24 am

I don't know if this was mentioned before, but the lettering layout of the term Blade Runner, from bottom to top, gives the perception of it being a Origami Folding Paper, being folded into the final product, the actual term Blade Runner..

This is probably known, I just finally happened to see it, this folding and unfolding is truly a reflection of this films nature.
mhanc
Art Connoisseur

Thu Jan 23, 2014 8:48 pm

AOTW! :clap:
jjdungca
Art Expert

Thu Jan 23, 2014 10:00 pm

I got mine today...this print is all kinds of ridiculous!
ImageImageImage