Blade Runner 08 Bêla / Kako

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
CrustaR
Art Expert

Wed Jan 15, 2014 11:43 am

jjdungca wrote:Final Cut and Director's Cut prints will be on sale at HGC Imagined Worlds show as per: http://insidetherockposterframe.blogspo ... ented.html

Edit: Just received a message from Kako regarding dimension/edition. Dimensions will remain the same and edition size will be a 100 for each variant. Cost will be $75 for each or $140 for a matching numbered set.
Screen prints?
pewter14 wrote:You're not the only one on the hunt for The Thing ... just ... the most obvious ... by a lot.
Darkknight37
Art Expert

Wed Jan 15, 2014 11:47 am

Excellent news! I might have to try for the set, love the reg and var.
jjdungca
Art Expert

Wed Jan 15, 2014 11:51 am

CrustaR wrote:
jjdungca wrote:Final Cut and Director's Cut prints will be on sale at HGC Imagined Worlds show as per: http://insidetherockposterframe.blogspo ... ented.html

Edit: Just received a message from Kako regarding dimension/edition. Dimensions will remain the same and edition size will be a 100 for each variant. Cost will be $75 for each or $140 for a matching numbered set.
Screen prints?
no, giclees.
ImageImageImage
CrustaR
Art Expert

Wed Jan 15, 2014 12:20 pm

jjdungca wrote:
CrustaR wrote:

Screen prints?
no, giclees.
Who printed 'em? Static Medium?
pewter14 wrote:You're not the only one on the hunt for The Thing ... just ... the most obvious ... by a lot.
jjdungca
Art Expert

Wed Jan 15, 2014 12:22 pm

They were probably printed by HCG.
ImageImageImage
CrustaR
Art Expert

Wed Jan 15, 2014 12:24 pm

jjdungca wrote:They were probably printed by HCG.
How's the giclee print quality from them?
jjdungca
Art Expert

Wed Jan 15, 2014 12:27 pm

CrustaR wrote:
I think they are fantastic. I have few giclees from them. The most recent that come to mind are Andy Hau's Jaws and the commission by Vlad Rodriguez for The Boondock Saints.
ImageImageImage
CrustaR
Art Expert

Wed Jan 15, 2014 12:28 pm

jjdungca wrote:
CrustaR wrote:
I think they are fantastic. I have few giclees from them. The most recent that come to mind are Andy Hau's Jaws and the commission by Vlad Rodriguez for The Boondock Saints.
Sweet. Thanks for the heads up.
harrykeogh
Art Expert

Wed Jan 15, 2014 5:50 pm

CrustaR wrote:
I had one of the originals before trading it and the quality was great. It was printed on more of a photo type paper though, if that makes any difference. But it looked great.

The detail in the eyes is fantastic.
PrintNoob87
Art Expert

Thu Jan 16, 2014 4:38 pm

Best Blade Runner design out there. Hoping to pick one up.
Lightagami
Art Connoisseur

Fri Jan 17, 2014 12:50 am

These are fantastic. So these are reprinted from the original variant editions? It was released awhile ago right? Someone please enlighten me.
jkw3000
EB Team

Fri Jan 17, 2014 1:37 am

Lightagami wrote:These are fantastic. So these are reprinted from the original variant editions? It was released awhile ago right? Someone please enlighten me.
From the way the thread reads, the original had a print run but the variants never did - they just existed for the show in London.
35mmpaul wrote:We are addicted to things that hurt our butts.
Badbutch
Art Expert

Fri Jan 17, 2014 1:58 am

jkw3000 wrote:
Lightagami wrote:These are fantastic. So these are reprinted from the original variant editions? It was released awhile ago right? Someone please enlighten me.
From the way the thread reads, the original had a print run but the variants never did - they just existed for the show in London.
According to Carlos Bela's website the variants were produced in 2012, although there's no information where they were released.
"'Cause I'm a karate man! And a karate man bruises on the inside!" ~ Billy Ray Valentine
CrustaR
Art Expert

Fri Jan 17, 2014 10:55 am

harrykeogh wrote:
CrustaR wrote:
I had one of the originals before trading it and the quality was great. It was printed on more of a photo type paper though, if that makes any difference. But it looked great.

The detail in the eyes is fantastic.
I think I recall when you had that for sale/trade. I almost pulled the trigger, but I'm sure it went fast.
harrykeogh
Art Expert

Fri Jan 17, 2014 6:22 pm

Yeah, it was gone fast. Got quite a few pms for it.