Joan Jett The Runaway 13 Fairey

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
automator
Nobody

Sat Aug 24, 2013 2:21 am

This topic is dedicated to: Joan Jett The Runaway 13 Fairey

woodyland
Art Expert

Sat Aug 24, 2013 2:21 am

:drool:
They're a Band Beyond Description, like Jehovah's Favorite Choir
Fattyramone
Art Expert

Sat Aug 24, 2013 12:07 pm

Its a great photo an' all , but Joan Jett?? ...again? (3rd or 4th time by Shep?)

She cetainly earned her spurs with The Runaways being an all girl band in the punk(y) vanguard , but her position in the great musical scheme of things is being overplayed here.

May as well do one of Plastic Bertrand at this rate.
toyroom
Art Expert

Sat Aug 24, 2013 12:23 pm

Fattyramone wrote:Its a great photo an' all , but Joan Jett?? ...again? (3rd or 4th time by Shep?)

She cetainly earned her spurs with The Runaways being an all girl band in the punk(y) vanguard , but her position in the great musical scheme of things is being overplayed here.

Well Shepard is a big JJ fan, as for (one hit wonder) Plastic Bertrand, Shepard would never do.
Overplayed maybe, but she did have three platinum records, and several hits, so she did have an impact on the punk scene.

I will add this one to my collection.
Fattyramone
Art Expert

Sat Aug 24, 2013 12:43 pm

toyroom wrote:
Fattyramone wrote:Its a great photo an' all , but Joan Jett?? ...again? (3rd or 4th time by Shep?)

Well Shepard is a big JJ fan, as for (one hit wonder) Plastic Bertrand, Shepard would never do.
Overplayed maybe, but she did have three platinum records, and several hits, so she did have an impact on the punk scene.

I will add this one to my collection.
Oh dont worry i'll add it to my collection too , and its Sheps gig after all and he can do images of whoever he chooses at whatever rate he likes , im fine with that.

Obviously JJ means a lot more in the (punk)Rock pantheon in the USA than she does here in the UK....the only one the average Joe would recognise here would be "I love Rock and Roll" which was long after the breath-of-fresh-air that punk bought with it had passed ...and even then i would doubt 95% of those who would know it would be able to tell you it was by JJ and the Blackhearts......

Ive no real argument here other than shes just a strange (weak) choice in my eyes to be iconised as often as she has been.
Fattyramone
Art Expert

Sat Aug 24, 2013 12:47 pm

Just thanking Christ that Shep wasnt a Partridge Family fan as well at this rate

Theres only so many David Cassidy prints a man can put up with

:roll:
Danno1
Art Expert

Sat Aug 24, 2013 1:08 pm

I gotta disagree, understand you are in the UK but JJ is pretty much a rock Godess here stateside. Well in my eyes anyway.

She has played her way for I am guessing close to 40 years now. She has never sold out, always been true to her craft and the way she wants to do it. She flat out rocks. Can't think of many other women who have had the impact or legacy on rock & roll like she has.
stay thirsty my friends
jlabbate
Art Freak

Sat Aug 24, 2013 1:14 pm

Ahhhhhh Joan Jett!
My first rock album was I love Rock & Roll purchased when I was 6 from A&S back in 1981
She was so freakin hot!!!! :drool:
Joesunday
Art Expert

Sat Aug 24, 2013 2:41 pm

Maybe Shep could do a Lita Ford companion piece?
............................. :drool:.......................
aahnutz
EB Team

Sat Aug 24, 2013 7:09 pm

Jett has a new album being released the beginning of October. And she is a rock icon. Nice print.
The information contained in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinion of Expressobeans.com (EB) and shall not be held to limit the rights of EB under the Fair Use Doctrine or any other federal, state, or local law which may be applicable.
earlgreytoast
Art Expert

Sat Aug 24, 2013 7:14 pm

Shep's wife is also a HUGE fan.
Codeblue wrote: I’m sorry for everything.
edgar
Art Expert

Sat Aug 24, 2013 7:18 pm

earlgreytoast wrote:Shep's wife is also a HUGE fan.

Of your Snoopy/OBEY rip-offs? Or JJ?
Grateful69Phish wrote:anybody this stupid doesn't become naturally intelligent!
shaunhoff
Art Expert

Sat Aug 24, 2013 7:48 pm

my girl loves joan jett, im going hard for this haha
lazk
Art Expert

Wed Aug 28, 2013 6:32 am

edgar wrote:
earlgreytoast wrote:Shep's wife is also a HUGE fan.

Of your Snoopy/OBEY rip-offs? Or JJ?
HEY NOW!!
T.K.C.