Phish Power 97 Pollock

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
guyforget
Art Connoisseur

Tue Mar 06, 2007 2:02 pm

pjtaper wrote:phew, that was close...
thank god I learned my lesson, sorry, I won't post in threads about this shitty band, that I once saw open a show with a 45 minute version of Fluffhead...
You never saw any 45 minute Fluffhead opener, because that never happened.

1.) Fluffhead wasnt a "jam" song that ever took up 45 minutes.

2.) Fluffhead hasnt opened a set; first or second, since 1991.

If you think Im a geek for posters, you havent seen me start in on the Phish facts.

Keep your baseless inflammatory remarks out of these threads.
pjtaper wrote: I'm glad EMEK knows I'm not a flipper
Rev.Mike
Flipper

Tue Mar 06, 2007 2:11 pm

I'm guessing 7/24/99 where Fluff followed the Guyute opener and then they jammed for another 15 minutes, I believe it was closer to 29 minutes total, so it was a jam song, once. Trey was seriously spun on Fluff.
guyforget
Art Connoisseur

Tue Mar 06, 2007 2:20 pm

Im not sure you were the member that I guessed would mention Alpine Valley, Rev.Mike, but good call. Great show, too. The jam out of Fluff was not unlike the jam coming out of Fee a few weeks prior in VA Beach, just kinda tacked on at the end, like they didnt quite know where to go next, so they just kept going. I was rail in VA Beach and I def. thought Trey was spunion that day too.
Rev.Mike
Flipper

Tue Mar 06, 2007 2:28 pm

It was an OK show, I like(d) moments, kinda the beginning of the end for me, the encore was fun of course, but it was my first show since fall '97 and I hadn't seen Trey that drymounted up on stage before where it affected his playing to such a noticeable degree, I left the show with an ill feeling (of course the heat and seeing people fish out at the show contributed to the ambience). Once we got around to post-hiatus I immediately thought back to that night at Alpine, and much like the Dead's joke it was really "downhill from here (there)". I'm glad I caught a few more in fall of '99 that were great (Memphish > MPLS) because after Alpine I was seriously questioning where Phish was going. I had enjoyed the TAB shows earlier in '99 too. I don't talk about it much because I honestly don't listen to Phish with any ferquency anymore, and when I do it's only to bigger jams from shows I saw, but I saw 30 some shows from '95 to '03.
pjtaper
Art Freak

Tue Mar 06, 2007 2:29 pm

yep it was at alpine...
I have seen some AMAZING Phish shows there, but the last one was just horrible...
I've also been to a lot of phish shows, used to be a big fan, but the jams man, they are just the same every time, at least they sound the same to me... and I hated the fact that people could predict what was goign to be played that night almost song for song... ANNOYING!
Not to mention I think Trey could use some singing lessons, or at least some less annoying talking lessons, he doesn't sing!
guyforget
Art Connoisseur

Tue Mar 06, 2007 2:51 pm

I dont listen to much Phish anymore, either. Its been months...

But Power is still one of my favorite Pollocks. Ive been letting go of a lot of my Phish stuff lately, but still wouldnt mind having a Power somewhere in the collection.

Also, beware, looks like there was recently a fraud on eBay.
Last edited by guyforget on Tue Mar 06, 2007 2:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
deliahdelyon
Art Freak

Tue Mar 06, 2007 4:31 pm

pjtaper wrote:yep it was at alpine...
I have seen some AMAZING Phish shows there, but the last one was just horrible...
I've also been to a lot of phish shows, used to be a big fan, but the jams man, they are just the same every time, at least they sound the same to me... and I hated the fact that people could predict what was goign to be played that night almost song for song... ANNOYING!
Not to mention I think Trey could use some singing lessons, or at least some less annoying talking lessons, he doesn't sing!
:lame: You were once a "big fan" :roll: :lol:
coxgt
Art Expert

Tue Mar 06, 2007 4:35 pm

I remember when I was a teenager I used to get fluffhead from my girlfriendall the time. . . man, it sucks to get old. :cry:
HeadieMonster
Art Expert

Wed Nov 19, 2008 8:40 pm

coxgt wrote:I remember when I was a teenager I used to get fluffhead from my girlfriendall the time. . . man, it sucks to get old. :cry:
haha this cracks me up
BlakeAronson wrote:can i trade you groceries for horkey variants?
HeadieMonster
Art Expert

Mon Dec 08, 2008 8:47 pm

I wonder how much the one on ebay right now is going to close at eBay 250336014131
Flimby

Mon Dec 08, 2008 8:59 pm

HeadieMonster wrote:I wonder how much the one on ebay right now is going to close at eBay 250336014131
not as much as it should. over/under at 750?
HeadieMonster
Art Expert

Mon Dec 08, 2008 9:24 pm

I think over. Really with a 250 print run and being a 1997 pollock it should be 1000 minimum. but we will see. I have a feeling it will be around 800, but will definitely be worth something in a decade.
automator
Nobody

Tue Oct 20, 2009 7:33 pm

New image Phish Power 97 Pollock
frame fetish

phishstix101
Art Expert

Mon Dec 14, 2009 5:55 pm

Can anyone share there photos of this print? Thank you.
phishstix101
Art Expert

Thu Feb 04, 2010 4:02 pm

Does anyone have any info on this person? This is the 3rd or 4th Phish Power he's sold on ebay. Just want to know if it's real. Thanks.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Phish-Power-poster- ... 0587281579

John