Phish Northerly Island 13 Not Pollock

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
biscocrack420
Art Expert

Fri Jul 19, 2013 1:50 pm

petenice wrote:It has the bands name on it, therefore he can't profit/sell them.
Never stopped anyone from trying before
nugfin
Art Enthusiast

Fri Jul 19, 2013 10:57 pm

DeliStyle
Art Enthusiast

Mon Jul 22, 2013 12:21 pm

nugfin wrote:Image

Not Pollock is made by Pollock???? I'm very confused by this image.
electrachrome
Site Admin

Mon Jul 22, 2013 12:33 pm

petenice wrote:Correct me if I'm wrong, but Not Pollock prints are not for profit, therefore given away or bartered? It has the bands name on it, therefore he can't profit/sell them.
they are always given away by Not Pollock...I heard some may have been given to WaterWheel to sell.
DeliStyle wrote:Not Pollock is made by Pollock???? I'm very confused by this image.
they may have been printed in Jim's studio, or maybe one was dropped off at Jim's open studio before the show.

Jim is not Not Pollock.
DeliStyle
Art Enthusiast

Mon Jul 22, 2013 12:40 pm

electrachrome wrote:
petenice wrote:Correct me if I'm wrong, but Not Pollock prints are not for profit, therefore given away or bartered? It has the bands name on it, therefore he can't profit/sell them.
they are always given away by Not Pollock...I heard some may have been given to WaterWheel to sell.
DeliStyle wrote:Not Pollock is made by Pollock???? I'm very confused by this image.
they may have been printed in Jim's studio, or maybe one was dropped off at Jim's open studio before the show.

Jim is not Not Pollock.
It makes sense now. Thank you. I know he opened up the studio on Saturday, anyone go? Any new prints?
electrachrome
Site Admin

Mon Jul 22, 2013 12:51 pm

DeliStyle wrote: I know he opened up the studio on Saturday, anyone go? Any new prints?
2 new prints...kinda weird, even for Pollock.
squid playing cards and a crab holding the Stanley Cup
DeliStyle
Art Enthusiast

Mon Jul 22, 2013 12:58 pm

Is the squid the one someone took a picture of a posted below the not pollock? I like that one
electrachrome
Site Admin

Mon Jul 22, 2013 1:04 pm

DeliStyle wrote:Is the squid the one someone took a picture of a posted below the not pollock? I like that one
you can see them here:
http://forum.expressobeans.com/viewtopi ... 9#p2184489
automator
Nobody

Wed Nov 06, 2013 6:13 am

New image Phish Northerly Island 13 Not Pollock
Wedding Gift from our favorite secret artist.

DreadiebettieFlips

Thu Jan 16, 2014 7:13 am

Never stopped people from selling them for $500 on eBay! Missed it. But still $500 for a not pollock. Guess he dropped it in pollocks city!
attackonthebass
Art Expert

Sun Jul 22, 2018 8:48 am

automator wrote:New image Phish Northerly Island 13 Not Pollock
Wedding Gift from our favorite secret artist.

I'm not sure if it was a fake or what but I recently just saw one of these up for sale but it had a TON of paper around the edge of the print. It looked weird right when I saw it & when I looked back here the edges were all nice & trimmed. I wish I remember where I saw that image so I could post an image of it here.
Common sense, is not that common
electrachrome
Site Admin

Sat Jul 28, 2018 1:21 am

attackonthebass wrote:I'm not sure if it was a fake or what but I recently just saw one of these up for sale but it had a TON of paper around the edge of the print. It looked weird right when I saw it & when I looked back here the edges were all nice & trimmed. I wish I remember where I saw that image so I could post an image of it here.
that's the new MK Ultra edition. the files were made public and an "entity" named MK Ultra printed up a new edition in multiple color ways. As far as it's 'authenticity' is concerned ...it's a bootleg/second printing with multiple unknown variants and has been given the 'blessing' of Not Pollock.
not Pollock wrote: Please to made aware that this print of the poster of the image of the Not Pollock “Knot Pollock” is not an official print of Not Pollock but the respect is made for the efforts of the printer to have the prints made printed.
not Pollock wrote:
Looks like someone ripped off Not Pollock and reprinted it without authorization.
Please to make the understanding being made that the authorization is made implicit for the maximization of the enjoyment of the piece and in this case the printing of the piece has been made more vibrant and meaningful.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Project_MKUltra
automator
Nobody

Sat Jul 28, 2018 1:23 am

OG sketch & drawing

automator
Nobody

Sat Jul 28, 2018 1:23 am

automator
Nobody