Conan 13 Ansin

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
dasponyboy
Art Expert

Tue Jul 30, 2013 11:18 pm

Mine only has one that's tiny, prob the same size as the dot on the right of speedmasterlees.
Count
Art Expert

Tue Jul 30, 2013 11:24 pm

Can't wait for mine to arrive :drool:

I wouldn't let a little 'ol mole get in the way of enjoying this print. :pint:
smokey289
Art Connoisseur

Tue Jul 30, 2013 11:26 pm

If you zoom in close enough...
dasponyboy
Art Expert

Tue Jul 30, 2013 11:29 pm

Count wrote:Can't wait for mine to arrive :drool:

I wouldn't let a little 'ol mole get in the way of enjoying this print. :pint:
You won't be disappointed! :pint:
mcgraw23
Art Expert

Wed Jul 31, 2013 3:09 pm

smokey289 wrote:Mine has the little dot as well, only slightly smaller it seems
Mine also but it's only noticeable if you look for it. Still think the print is sweet.
A Lannister always pays his debts.
mliddell
Art Expert

Sat Mar 22, 2014 10:09 pm

Were all the regular and variant editions signed? And none of the APs?

I haven't seen either one in person. I noticed some people think the variant is better than the regular. For anyone that has or has seen both in person what do you think?
dasponyboy
Art Expert

Sat Mar 22, 2014 10:29 pm

mliddell wrote:Were all the regular and variant editions signed? And none of the APs?

I haven't seen either one in person. I noticed some people think the variant is better than the regular. For anyone that has or has seen both in person what do you think?
Variant wins for me. I love it.
WhoLikesRingo
Art Expert

Sat Mar 22, 2014 10:35 pm

I only got reg, but you can never go wrong with likeness of awesome age Arnold and I think the red is pretty dramatic on the poster. I can understand the love for the var from pics though, but I would still buy reg if I didn't have either.
badlieut
Art Connoisseur

Sat Mar 22, 2014 10:59 pm

mliddell wrote:Were all the regular and variant editions signed? And none of the APs?

They were signed if you took them to the Ansin signing at comic-con so that means many aren't signed. I think the variant wins out with the metallics and the gold/black coloring which is why I framed that one with Corey. It was a really tough decision. I don't think you can go wrong with either.
mliddell
Art Expert

Sun Mar 23, 2014 12:24 am

Thanks for the advice. They are decently priced.
KSUvet
Art Expert

Sun Mar 23, 2014 1:40 pm

I haven't seen the variant, but I was a little surprised at the color scheme of the reg. when it arrived. It's really orange and green, which is such a bizarre choice to me. I was expecting it to be more reddish.
"I see dudes using cotton gloves on prints that I know were printed while someone was drinking a beer or eating Cheetos, while water leaked from the ceiling. And I'm not even talking about my shop!" - alexfugazi
fdiskmbr
Art Connoisseur

Sun Mar 23, 2014 2:02 pm

I don't know about the APs but the regular and the variants should all be signed. Ansin's Conan for SDCC 2013 was a presale item. The variants sold out during the presale, the remaining regulars made it online after SDCC. When it was time to pick up the poster Ansin seemed to be signing the enter lot so when the left overs were sold online people received signed copies of them.

I had both at one point in time. I think the regular did not have any metallic ink, the variant however is covered with silver and gold metallic ink. Can't go wrong with either one unless your one of those people who have to have metallics, then its has got to be the variant.
automator
Nobody

Sun Mar 23, 2014 5:28 pm

New image Conan 13 Ansin - Variant Framed
Furthur Frames

kannibaliztik
Art Expert

Sun May 25, 2014 11:39 pm

is it just metallics on the variant or on both?
"We can hold out through this endless dark, all a fire needs is a single spark"
Vipero96
Art Enthusiast

Sat Jun 28, 2014 10:44 am

I just won an AP 1st Ed on eBay for this piece. I know the metallics on the variant must be very nice, but I just liked the realism of the colored version, especially the green camo paint like innthe movie itself. Just have a question. In the pricing DB here, the AP has been going for less than the standard 1st Ed. Same color scheme, but apparently the latter is signed, where the AP is not. I would have thought the AP with only 50 produced would have drawn the better price.

Am I missing something here? Also, what is the difference between the Artist's proof here and the 1st Ed other than the lower run # ? Is there anything visually or materially different (texture, ink, etc,)?