Flaming Lips 94 Coyne

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
talkingdeads
Art Expert

Sun Oct 14, 2012 9:32 am

I'm about to barter in a back alley for a second copy of this. Wish me "no shank'n luck!"
FroDawg
Art Expert

Sun Oct 14, 2012 9:36 am

Good luck dude. Take a body guard! 8)
"If the thunder don't getcha then the lightnin' will."
talkingdeads
Art Expert

Sun Oct 14, 2012 9:38 am

Another true story: I've actually been stabbed three times. It hurts, but you get over it. No shanks this time, booyeah!
phokus

Wed Dec 17, 2014 5:59 pm

Can anyone elaborate on which dates this poster covers? The image is large enough to read them.

Thanks
haven
Art Expert

Wed Dec 17, 2014 6:39 pm

Click on this one and you should be able to read them.

andydiesel
Art Connoisseur

Mon May 25, 2015 11:50 am

So I'm running out of cash for the construction of my new shop and am thinking about selling my copy of this. Any interest here before i toss it on ebay?
i never check PM's so if you want to get a hold of me send an email.

http://www.dieselfuelprints.com
fnord
Art Expert

Fri Sep 25, 2015 2:33 pm

There's a new 18x24 edition out which they're calling a screenprinted lithograph.

http://flaminglips.warnerbrosrecords.com/
DeltaSigChi4 wrote:Don't let these nerds hold you down, playa.

E
sidewaysscott
Art God

Fri Sep 25, 2015 2:41 pm

fnord wrote:which they're calling a screenprinted lithograph.
pay via paypal, use credit card,file dispute at the 20 day mark if suspicious. don't deal with noobs. don't trade with noobs. request feedback ahead of time. there are lots of good people 'round here.
hogie777
Art Connoisseur

Tue Mar 15, 2016 4:05 pm

Anyone have this framed? Would love to see a pic

On a separate note, Iv'e read that Wayne Coyne said there were only about 50-100 of these printed and they were printed by himself. Anyone know how many color variants there are? I count 4 based on the images here, wondering if there might be more. Also wondering if there are only 50-100 total of these or 50-100 per color variant.

Found this green skull/purple splatter version online. Don't see it in the image gallery...

“We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams” - Willy Wonka
freaksmeout
Art Expert

Wed Mar 16, 2016 12:29 pm

It should be noted that there are actually two different versions of this poster.
And, among the different versions there are slight variants of color.
It is true that Wayne did print these in his garage with the help of Scott Booker. And yes, the quantity produced of each was under 100. They were specifically created for independent mom/pop record stores of which Wayne has always been a big fan. And let's face it, prior to She Don't Use Jelly getting radio airplay the lips records weren't selling many copies outside of indie M&P stores. Scott actually was responsible for mailing these out as I received the Lollapalooza print ,personally, from him many years ago at the request of friend who worked at WBR Alternative Marketing and knew I was a big fan.
If you look carefully at the bottom section of the images you will see that there was one print done for a show on April 1st and then a second print was done for the Lollapalooza dates which began in July. So, technically, they are two different prints and probably should be under two separate listings. But hey, the world is an imperfect place.... just like Wayne's silkscreening skills. A Beautiful Mess.
Nothing brings humility like a good ol' shart."
hogie777
Art Connoisseur

Wed Mar 16, 2016 1:05 pm

freaksmeout wrote:It should be noted that there are actually two different versions of this poster.
And, among the different versions there are slight variants of color.
It is true that Wayne did print these in his garage with the help of Scott Booker. And yes, the quantity produced of each was under 100. They were specifically created for independent mom/pop record stores of which Wayne has always been a big fan. And let's face it, prior to She Don't Use Jelly getting radio airplay the lips records weren't selling many copies outside of indie M&P stores. Scott actually was responsible for mailing these out as I received the Lollapalooza print ,personally, from him many years ago at the request of friend who worked at WBR Alternative Marketing and knew I was a big fan.
If you look carefully at the bottom section of the images you will see that there was one print done for a show on April 1st and then a second print was done for the Lollapalooza dates which began in July. So, technically, they are two different prints and probably should be under two separate listings. But hey, the world is an imperfect place.... just like Wayne's silkscreening skills. A Beautiful Mess.
Wow I never noticed that, thanks for pointing that out
“We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams” - Willy Wonka
automator
Nobody

Wed Mar 16, 2016 1:31 pm

New image Flaming Lips Tool 94 Coyne
green skull purple splatter

coastrat
Art Enthusiast

Thu May 16, 2019 3:22 pm

Heh...I think there's an echo in here.

Anyway...after FIFTEEN years, I finally got my copy.

And it's just amazing.

I think I'm going through an adrenaline dump now....
haven
Art Expert

Thu May 16, 2019 3:30 pm

If you grabbed that one on ebay, I was very tempted by that.

I really wanted that Alien Girl that sold a few days before.
rrcpnet
Art Enthusiast

Mon Feb 07, 2022 6:26 pm

2nd edition is 16 X 24 not 18 X 24.