Pearl Jam Dusseldorf 07 Klausen

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
pjtaper
Art Freak

Fri Jun 22, 2007 9:43 am

I've been banned from the pit too... for life... they let me back...
Now I can't help people buy tix/posters anymore :?
bmcclary
Art Enthusiast

Fri Jun 22, 2007 10:10 am

All this talk about this poster being better than DC is crazy in my opinion. Yes, I think it is a nice piece, but nothing that I would spend $150 on. I guess this will be one that everyone is going to try and pick up when Brad's site goes up soon.
pjtaper
Art Freak

Fri Jun 22, 2007 10:13 am

yeap... I wouldn't pay a penny over face for any PJ poster until Brad opens up his site or the 10C sells them... the older ones, yeah, big bucks...

AMES SUCKS!
Manimal
Art Enthusiast

Fri Jun 22, 2007 11:37 am

yikes that's rough.

That happened to me though, I'm sure it was an accident, but I had my Saskatoon poster nicely rolled on my chair and at the end of the night it was soaked in beer. I drymounted it though, and after you could hardly tell there was anything wrong with it. Another reason why drymount rocks ;)
jjbehren
Flipper

Fri Jun 22, 2007 11:38 am

I am just infatuated with this poster...I can't stop looking at it. I love the colors, the text, the “outside the lines” effect, the detail. I really like the long line of angry mobsters.

And what is this, a four-color silk screen? I’m not down with the technical aspects of printing, but I think that’s right. Now, I’ve been relatively pleased with the recent Ames offerings, but this is a great example of how to use a few colors to create a great image. (Unlike that mammoth, that’s just a blob of one color).

Very impressed, as usual with Brad’s work.
sasquatch
Art Expert

Fri Jun 22, 2007 11:40 am

pjtaper wrote:yeap... I wouldn't pay a penny over face for any PJ poster until Brad opens up his site or the 10C sells them... the older ones, yeah, big bucks...

AMES SUCKS!
I understand your disappointment with recent Ames offerings. But to blanketly state that they suck ignores the fact that they still own some of the most classic Pearl Jam poster images (indeed, they are at the heart of PJ poster culture).

Anything from 96 is awesome. So are most of the 98's. The cali trio from 2000 was very cool. And I like the Texas 03.

All classic images that I have had to pay a pretty penny to get, with no regret.
Last edited by sasquatch on Fri Jun 22, 2007 11:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
jjbehren
Flipper

Fri Jun 22, 2007 11:45 am

pjtaper wrote: AMES SUCKS!
Art Expert

Fri Jun 22, 2007 12:28 pm

10_pearljam wrote:
pjtaper wrote:
sasquatch wrote:
I'm trying to build the hype for Ninersfan, who I'm sure has 30 or 40 to flip.
Any of those Bastids on here? I once saw someone pour a beer all over a woman's Boston Ames 06 Whale posters(10 of them at least) and it looked like it was on purpose :lol:
i told someone in the message pit that i did that in philadelphia and there was an uproar...i never really did it, but people were pissed... :lol:

i got banned from there for it...lifetime... :roll:
dude, welcome to the club. lifetime ban! sweet.

These guys in the image and the 9/24/04 showbox bird could kick some serious evil-do'ers asses.
http://www.expressobeans.com/public/detail.php/19358
Flimby

Fri Jun 22, 2007 1:41 pm

wow Klausen does it again
10_pearljam
Art Connoisseur

Fri Jun 22, 2007 4:14 pm

usamamasan1 wrote:
10_pearljam wrote:
pjtaper wrote:
sasquatch wrote:
I'm trying to build the hype for Ninersfan, who I'm sure has 30 or 40 to flip.
Any of those Bastids on here? I once saw someone pour a beer all over a woman's Boston Ames 06 Whale posters(10 of them at least) and it looked like it was on purpose :lol:
i told someone in the message pit that i did that in philadelphia and there was an uproar...i never really did it, but people were pissed... :lol:

i got banned from there for it...lifetime... :roll:
dude, welcome to the club. lifetime ban! sweet.

These guys in the image and the 9/24/04 showbox bird could kick some serious evil-do'ers asses.
http://www.expressobeans.com/public/detail.php/19358
:lol:

someone should start a thread over at RM for the lifetimers...

:lol:
10_pearljam
Art Connoisseur

Fri Jun 22, 2007 4:17 pm

pjtaper wrote:yeap... I wouldn't pay a penny over face for any PJ poster until Brad opens up his site or the 10C sells them... the older ones, yeah, big bucks...

AMES SUCKS!
i would...they are going to be limited on his site as well as 10C anyway...$150 is a bargain for this one.
apirateslifeforme
Art Enthusiast

Fri Jun 22, 2007 4:38 pm

sasquatch wrote:

AMES SUCKS!
I understand your disappointment with recent Ames offerings. But to blanketly state that they suck ignores the fact that they still own some of the most classic Pearl Jam poster images (indeed, they are at the heart of PJ poster culture).

Anything from 96 is awesome. So are most of the 98's. The cali trio from 2000 was very cool. And I like the Texas 03.

All classic images that I have had to pay a pretty penny to get, with no regret.
agreed!
knicksmets
Art Enthusiast

Fri Jun 22, 2007 5:23 pm

don't mean to be rude but how did ames end up doing all the early pj stuff, did they win a lottery or something? it's not even close between brad and ames.
sasquatch
Art Expert

Fri Jun 22, 2007 5:25 pm

knicksmets wrote:don't mean to be rude but how did ames end up doing all the early pj stuff, did they win a lottery or something? it's not even close between brad and ames.
you seriously don't know how that started?

Let's see, the bass player for Pearl Jam is Jeff Ament
and the operator of Ames Bros. is Barry Ament.

But again, the early Ames stuff kills.

Like this:
sasquatch
Art Expert

Fri Jun 22, 2007 5:34 pm

This one's still my favorite pearl jam poster (early Ames):