Big Dick's Coffee 12 Kozik

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
KNEEL13
EB Team

Fri Feb 08, 2013 3:25 pm

danebp
Art Expert

Fri Feb 08, 2013 3:27 pm

Just picked this one up - big fan of political pieces, expecially well done snarky ones by Kozik (like some in his recent Eddie Vedder series). I'm actually working on a Presidential print set - easy to come up with Washington, Jefferson, Lincoln, Roosevelt, Kennedy, and any recent ones, but not a whole lot of Franklin Pierce or James Polk prints out there (just throwing out some ideas Frank, if you happen upon this thread). But glad to get a nice one of Tricky Dick in the collection.
meskell
Art Expert

Sat Feb 09, 2013 9:55 pm

I'd put this in the release section if there was one.
Received this today. Print quality is awesome. Bit of a gorilla grip on both ends but should flatten without any issues. Don't know why some galleries still fold the kraft paper in on the ends (how hard is it to cut the kraft the length of the tube?). But thankfully the kraft was taped, the print didn't slide, and tube was long enough to give the print plenty of room from contacting the folds. For someone whom coffee is their life blood, I couldn't be happier with this print.
Wanda: I can't stand people. I hate them. Do you hate them?
Henry: No, but I seem to feel better when they're not around.
pagodafitz
Art Connoisseur

Mon Feb 11, 2013 6:04 pm

meskell wrote:I'd put this in the release section if there was one.
Received this today. Print quality is awesome. Bit of a gorilla grip on both ends but should flatten without any issues. Don't know why some galleries still fold the kraft paper in on the ends (how hard is it to cut the kraft the length of the tube?). But thankfully the kraft was taped, the print didn't slide, and tube was long enough to give the print plenty of room from contacting the folds. For someone whom coffee is their life blood, I couldn't be happier with this print.
Wish 4' tubes were used, but it looks awesome. No creasing, but am going to give tricky dick some time to loosen up before I flatten. Can't wait to hand this up in the Kitchen.
timc
Art Expert

Tue Feb 12, 2013 7:57 pm

agree they have used bigger tubes ,,,printed on heavy stock, taking your advice mine sitting out breathing. Later
tonight gonna put my corky's poster weights to use! I took a peek colors look great, amazing print quality~~ Frank has serious quality control!!!

They should have let Sharon pack and ship for them, Sharon does a killer job!!
Everything woke turns to fudge.
America First.
https://lowfshop.com/
pagodafitz
Art Connoisseur

Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:11 pm

timc wrote:agree they have used bigger tubes ,,,printed on heavy stock, taking your advice mine sitting out breathing. Later
tonight gonna put my corky's poster weights to use! I took a peek colors look great, amazing print quality~~ Frank has serious quality control!!!

They should have let Sharon pack and ship for them, Sharon does a killer job!!
I meant " not ' , 4 foot tubes would be pretty crazy, or I guess really just a box.

Timc, it does not take too long to flatten, except for the side they started at when rolled. I am still letting that one end relax, but have flattened everything else. Thanks again for the heads up on this one.
meltonmoon
New User

Tue Mar 05, 2013 2:33 am

finneganm wrote:Looks like they took this one off the website in preparation for the online drop tomorrow.
hmm.. this is a very much nice dude.. :clap:
jellomcmonkeyfish
Art Connoisseur

Thu May 09, 2013 8:05 pm

hogie777 wrote:The height is huge on this, where do I get something to store it flat in?
I made a flat file for all of my XL stuff out of heavy cardboard and velcro. Works like a charm.
finneganm
Art Freak

Mon Jan 21, 2019 10:15 am

Just taking a moment to reiterate how fantastic this is.
That's what she said
treweman
Art Expert

Mon Jan 21, 2019 12:09 pm

finneganm wrote:Just taking a moment to reiterate how fantastic this is.
I agree. Sadly, I gave mine as a gift to my department head, who I think didn’t really appreciate it.
meskell
Art Expert

Mon Jan 21, 2019 1:06 pm

I'm waiting for one last move(?) before I frame this. At the very least, it will get tacked up somewhere.
Wanda: I can't stand people. I hate them. Do you hate them?
Henry: No, but I seem to feel better when they're not around.
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Mon Jan 21, 2019 4:37 pm

meskell wrote:one last move(?)
Oof.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
eliansbu
Art Enthusiast

Thu Jan 24, 2019 8:07 am

Wow, this is great