E.T. The Extra Terrestrial 13 Mitchell

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
GiantBoyDective
Art Freak

Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:34 pm

:violin:
Image #trollcru
danieldanger wrote:what you do aint hustlin. see, in MY hustle, i get to sell the whole run and each print only costs me like $6. y'alls is small potatoe street level fudge.
Lucky07621
Art Enthusiast

Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:37 pm

I finally got a poster from Mondo. This was so beautiful when i saw it this morning I had to try and get it. This had to be the most amazing print from Mike i've ever seen from him :clap:
I won 2 Emmys
alittle
Art Freak

Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:42 pm

This Mark Mitchell guy is pretty good. Anyone know anything else about him?
lsmith55
Art Expert

Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:43 pm

alittle wrote:This Mark Mitchell guy is pretty good. Anyone know anything else about him?
I think he likes birds and skeletons.
machination
EB Team Emeritus

Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:43 pm

I do understand those who get nice feelings from it. E.T. was my favourite film as a kid (besides IT (the clown one)) and I'm still waiting for a poster to make me feel like I did when I watched that movie. Maybe it'll never happen...who knows. Maybe I just need some Reese's Pieces or see ET the creature itself. Anyway, Mitchell is going to have mixed messages about this poster for sure. Some people will love it for the iconic scene and others will think it's not creative at all. I thought the latter until I learned that perhaps he was asked to portray this scene.
wonkabars7 wrote:MM might have one of the biggest ranges of art style and design out of most of the artists discussed on this thread.
Nah....maybe...although he focuses on a very specific style. Like most artists. Whatever works, I suppose.
I like how light-hearted his work is though. He, Ryan Duggan and Scott Campbell always make me laugh.
jamel-d
Art Freak

Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:46 pm

alittle wrote:This Mark Mitchell guy is pretty good. Anyone know anything else about him?
Jesusmalverde
Art Expert

Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:51 pm

jamel-d wrote:
That is creepy.
1strowcenter
Art Enthusiast

Thu Jan 17, 2013 5:03 pm

attackonthebass wrote:Nice, I never saw a tweet from Mondo. But I must have hit F5 at the right time.

+1 First Mondo Score

and you immediatly set it for sale without even seeing it? Awesome. :hanging:
Looking for NYE 97 Lesser
lsmith55
Art Expert

Thu Jan 17, 2013 5:30 pm

wonkabars7 wrote:
whl10 wrote:sometimes i mondo hate for fun and dont always mean it
lately i have MM hated for fun and not always meant it.
this time is for real. what a lazy image.
I've seen a complaint or two that this is just depicting a scene from the movie, like I was trying to sneak it past everyone. It's only one of the most memorable scenes in cinematic history, and I was asked to depict it. Shame on me I guess, hah!"
No the shame is that you had the chance to be paid to depict one of the most memorable scenes in cinematic history and you either mailed it in or are a one trick pony with your pop culture satire bullshit. an epic scene deserves an epic representation, or none at all.
:roll:

Where is this quote from?

Also, this 'one trick pony' stuff is a bit...off. MM might have one of the biggest ranges of art style and design out of most of the artists discussed on this thread. You happen to not like MM, good on you.
He could've done WAAAAAAYYYY more with this, but a one-trick pony, Mike Mitchell is not.
Romulus36
Art Enthusiast

Thu Jan 17, 2013 5:59 pm

attackonthebass wrote:sorry for the NOOB question, but if I were to create a twitter account does Mondo tell me when the drop will be?
You don't really even need a Twitter account. If you have a mobile/cell, then you can just text "follow MondoNews" (without the quotes) to 40404 and you'll receive the tweets on your phone. At least, that's what I did.
Lucky07621
Art Enthusiast

Thu Jan 17, 2013 7:55 pm

This is my first time actually buying a poster when it first came out. Does anyone actually keep these things? I buy cause I want it and frame it. Right now out of 475 prints 82 have either been sold or put up for sale. That is so annoying
I won 2 Emmys
Superfro33
Art Expert

Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:06 pm

machination wrote:Nah....maybe...although he focuses on a very specific style. Like most artists. Whatever works, I suppose.
VERY specific.

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Wait what?
Last edited by Superfro33 on Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wonkabars7
Art Expert

Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:18 pm

Superfro33 wrote:
machination wrote:Nah....maybe...although he focuses on a very specific style. Like most artists. Whatever works, I suppose.
VERY specific.

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Wait what?
My point exactly...was just too lazy for the visual array. Thanks.
RiotAct
EB Team

Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:37 pm

yeah, I would say MM is pretty darn versatile
RadicalRich1138
Art Expert

Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:52 pm

RiotAct wrote:yeah, I would say MM is pretty darn versatile
BigmanJames wrote: i am he who does drugs for my inlaws