Pretty Things Float 12 Richard

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
thisisjosh
Art Expert

Fri Oct 25, 2013 3:14 am

GiantBoyDective wrote:family member of JC I believe. if you guys think that wouldnt have gotten swooped up before the doors even opened for VIPs your nucking futz though
Yeah they pulled it for JC. At least that was the word on the show floor.
CHRONICCRUSADER
Art Connoisseur

Fri Oct 25, 2013 4:03 am

+1. Even with the bullshit stagger.
xjmjx
Art Expert

Fri Oct 25, 2013 8:37 am

CHRONICCRUSADER wrote:+1. Even with the bullshit stagger.
Damn, damn, damn. I knew nothing about this, I've been bugging Richard since the original, damn, damn!
Isqael
Art Connoisseur

Fri Oct 25, 2013 9:24 am

I managed to grab one last night. Only reason was because I was drunk playing GTA last night.
kansasbbq
Art God

Fri Oct 25, 2013 10:16 am

xjmjx wrote:Damn, damn, damn. I knew nothing about this, I've been bugging Richard since the original, damn, damn!
You'll still have a chance at the artist copies, right?
Codeblue wrote:#whydidntilisten2kbbq
jkw3000
EB Team

Fri Oct 25, 2013 10:31 am

Plenty of people here who seem to be willing to hook people up on this - whether that's because of the "FAILIP" sign going off in their heads or because some people thought it'd be a bitch to wake up to a surprise drop, all up to you. ;)
35mmpaul wrote:We are addicted to things that hurt our butts.
cardhawks
Art Expert

Fri Oct 25, 2013 1:38 pm

sure is nice to have bought a sub from him and never get inside track heads up, nor get the Walking Dead print, not even tube #1 yet... I'm trying to find a silver lining for this sub purchase when we were told we'd get first crack at stuff from outside projects... just sayin.... yeah maybe sour grapes here but damn
gonzo303
Art Freak

Fri Oct 25, 2013 1:52 pm

Won't you get a shot at his copies? Why would he have to tell you the inside info on drop times??
Same fudge, different drop.
cardhawks
Art Expert

Fri Oct 25, 2013 2:09 pm

just thought we'd have got a heads up on this sale... he didn't have copies of the WD so we had to buy from HCG when they dropped like everyone else... just kinda feeling the blues with this one, would have liked to have had a shot since he told the sub purchasers that advance notifications were going to be part of the equation... maybe he still has copies to sell and I'm just a squeaky wheel
Kramerica
Art Freak

Fri Oct 25, 2013 2:12 pm

cardhawks wrote:just thought we'd have got a heads up on this sale... he didn't have copies of the WD so we had to buy from HCG when they dropped like everyone else... just kinda feeling the blues with this one, would have liked to have had a shot since he told the sub purchasers that advance notifications were going to be part of the equation... maybe he still has copies to sell and I'm just a squeaky wheel
Maybe he can't give advanced drop info for a drop that occurs on Mondo's site rather than his own. The point of a surprise midnight drop is that it was a surprise, if he sends out an email blast to all the sub holders the cat would be out of the bag.
When I'm done ranting about elite power that rules the planet under a totalitarian government that uses the media to keep people stupid, my throat gets parched. That's why I drink Orange Drink. - BH
cardhawks
Art Expert

Fri Oct 25, 2013 2:15 pm

Kramerica wrote:
cardhawks wrote:just thought we'd have got a heads up on this sale... he didn't have copies of the WD so we had to buy from HCG when they dropped like everyone else... just kinda feeling the blues with this one, would have liked to have had a shot since he told the sub purchasers that advance notifications were going to be part of the equation... maybe he still has copies to sell and I'm just a squeaky wheel
Maybe he can't give advanced drop info for a drop that occurs on Mondo's site rather than his own. The point of a surprise midnight drop is that it was a surprise, if he sends out an email blast to all the sub holders the cat would be out of the bag.
good point!!!
xjmjx
Art Expert

Fri Oct 25, 2013 2:15 pm

Kramerica wrote:
I see both sides, you're probably right about the hush, hush Mondo thing, but after the drop, he could've sent an email to sub holders saying "Hey, I've got you cover" or "More info to come", etc.
jkw3000
EB Team

Fri Oct 25, 2013 2:30 pm

From my understanding (and I know that's not saying much), does he offer the Mondo APs to subholders first, assuming those prints are not part of the subscription? Feels like that was the case with North of the Wall, and he offered Prometheus in a general sale...
35mmpaul wrote:We are addicted to things that hurt our butts.
SaintNoir
Art Expert

Fri Oct 25, 2013 4:31 pm

I got offered one of these and am super grateful. Will hang it up right away. Not my favorite from the show, but will look fantastic on the wall. Love the size. :pint:
Inigo Montoya: You seem a decent fellow. I hate to kill you.
Westley: You seem a decent fellow. I hate to die.
dasponyboy
Art Expert

Fri Oct 25, 2013 5:40 pm

Fack! What the hell! I hate working!