Pretty Things Float 12 Richard

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
perryjay2k
Art Enthusiast

Wed Dec 11, 2013 12:10 pm

rubberneck wrote:Looks gritty and pixelated from the pics to date...
yeah mine looks terrible as well. The only thing that's throwing me off is the above pics look way cleaner then the one I have. For one those little black dots all over my tree don't seem to be present. Also I have a huge ink splat in the boarder. Not sure if I should seek replacement or just a total refund haha.
gonzo303
Art Freak

Wed Dec 11, 2013 12:27 pm

The printing quality sucks on this.
Same fudge, different drop.
BetterCallSaul
Art Expert

Wed Dec 11, 2013 12:29 pm

gonzo303 wrote:The printing quality sucks on this.
Agreed. Whoever rolled them must not have thought much of them either.
punch
Art Expert

Wed Dec 11, 2013 12:30 pm

perryjay2k wrote:
yeah mine looks terrible as well. The only thing that's throwing me off is the above pics look way cleaner then the one I have. For one those little black dots all over my tree don't seem to be present. Also I have a huge ink splat in the boarder. Not sure if I should seek replacement or just a total refund haha.
It's not the print quality guys, that's JC's style. He makes it look pixelated on purpose. I've brought this up recently in his thread, and JC provided an explination.

http://forum.expressobeans.com/viewtopi ... &start=630
summoner
Art Freak

Wed Dec 11, 2013 12:31 pm

BetterCallSaul wrote:
Mine has zero issues with the rolling.
Image Image Image
Timbrh2001
Art Expert

Wed Dec 11, 2013 12:34 pm

punch wrote:
perryjay2k wrote:
It's not the print quality guys, that's JC's style. He makes it look pixelated on purpose. I've brought this up recently in his thread, and JC provided an explination.

Yeah, I know this and don't take issue with it. That's why I asked if it was something other than the pixelation, which unfortunately the quality of printing doesn't seem to be consistent based off what some are saying.

Oh well, fingers crossed mine turns out to be one of the better efforts. Feel bad for those who aren't happy with what they received though. Id let Mondo know about it, especially the shoddy roll jobs some have gotten, unacceptable.
Last edited by Timbrh2001 on Wed Dec 11, 2013 12:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jkw3000
EB Team

Wed Dec 11, 2013 12:36 pm

punch wrote:

I'm curious as to the baseline JC Richard experience people are comparing this too. North of the Wall had the same style, as I recall. I get that not everybody likes it that way, but he explains what he's going for and I enjoy it.

The russian roulette of print handling however... :hanging:
35mmpaul wrote:We are addicted to things that hurt our butts.
rubberneck
Art God

Wed Dec 11, 2013 12:41 pm

The 'banding effect' on Prometheus was a little disappointing in person, imo...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=515-EfhXne0

"rara charta, gravi negotio"
Bikejoh
Art Expert

Thu Dec 19, 2013 7:01 pm

I'm disappointed by how mine looks as well, perhaps JC Richard's style just isn't for me. :? Hopefully I can trade it for something I like better.
SaintNoir
Art Expert

Sat Dec 21, 2013 5:53 pm

The copy I got through a fellow board member was pretty sharp. :P
Inigo Montoya: You seem a decent fellow. I hate to kill you.
Westley: You seem a decent fellow. I hate to die.
Cheese318
Art Connoisseur

Sun Jan 05, 2014 7:12 am

BetterCallSaul wrote:
Received my replacement with no issues. About the quality of the print itself, after purchasing Prometheus about 4 months ago I somewhat expected this style of the Image or I guess I would say I was not surprised. Of course I would prefer a much more crisp detail on this print but this must be Richards style. I love the Prometheus print personally but I loved the film but this not so much. Hopefully it will grow on me or I might try to trade it for something.
dearmrecho
Art Expert

Mon Jan 20, 2014 12:12 pm

Got mine from a PB today. I was forewarned about the "quality" and actually I don't think there's an issue with this at all. It looks fine to me… better than North of the Wall.
jimthompson
New User

Sun Apr 06, 2014 10:33 pm

The screen print of Pretty Things Float dropped close to midnight on Friday, October 25. There was little warning, just "Hey, we're about to drop a surprise on you folks." I happened to be listening to my Twitter feed, and was able to snag a copy. It went for $40 and didn't take long to sell out.
FinalKickstand
Art Expert

Thu Oct 16, 2014 10:25 pm

I'm looking to buy an AP but the pics show its numbered out of 46. EB says it's a run of 35 and all APs are hand finished and this one clearly isn't. Anyone have any info to help me out?
ISO an avatar
theperfecttree
EB Team

Thu Oct 16, 2014 11:01 pm

FinalKickstand wrote:I'm looking to buy an AP but the pics show its numbered out of 46. EB says it's a run of 35 and all APs are hand finished and this one clearly isn't. Anyone have any info to help me out?
I checked his blog and he says he hand-finished "a lot" of them so it's possible not all got the hand-finished treatment. might check with the seller.

I updated the edition to 46 based on the picture I came across. if you find out there's a separate edition of 35 we can add it.