The Jane Doe Project 12 Bannon

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
erw

Sat May 27, 2017 5:47 pm

Yup, all five of them. Will have to have that fixed when I am getting them framed. My overall reaction is somewhat "mixed" - still love the piece and the effect of seven of them in one room is stunning. However, the "new" ones look somewhat "less finished" than the two "old" ones. It looks like he didn't do a black layer at the end, so the face looks somewhat blurry /has other colors over it. But maybe that is all just an effect of the missing frame. I do wonder why he didn't sign them though.
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Sat May 27, 2017 6:00 pm

Oof. Duke obvs doesn't respect wood.

P.S. How the fug do ya "fix" that without fugging up the piece even further?
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
mr_rugby
Art Expert

Sat May 27, 2017 7:11 pm

Codeblue wrote:Did anyone else's arrive really warped?
You bought one?
rka00
Art Expert

Sat May 27, 2017 8:39 pm

Yup, I can see on two sides about a 1/4" gap in the middle area when set on a flat surface. I think framing it won't mess it up in any way.
erw wrote:Yup, all five of them. Will have to have that fixed when I am getting them framed. My overall reaction is somewhat "mixed" - still love the piece and the effect of seven of them in one room is stunning. However, the "new" ones look somewhat "less finished" than the two "old" ones. It looks like he didn't do a black layer at the end, so the face looks somewhat blurry /has other colors over it. But maybe that is all just an effect of the missing frame. I do wonder why he didn't sign them though.
Dag, five of them?! :notworthy: Wow, I think I could imagine that Jane-effect, cool. I actually like the finish on this piece more than the former because I can see and feel the textures. Not getting the blurriness at least I haven't noticed. Got a pic? Mine below...
JaneDoeProject.jpg
mtarail
Art Expert

Sat May 27, 2017 11:37 pm

Looks nice, Rka. Mine's sitting at the frame shop. (I went with a pretty simple float moulding).
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Sun May 28, 2017 2:05 am

mr_rugby wrote:
You bought one?
Unfortunately.

P. S. Watcha been up to?
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
mr_rugby
Art Expert

Sun May 28, 2017 2:57 am

Codeblue wrote:
mr_rugby wrote:
You bought one?
Unfortunately.

P. S. Watcha been up to?
Oof

Beginning stages of building a house...I'll be hanging in the Homeowner thread.
What did you have for dinner?
rka00
Art Expert

Sun May 28, 2017 8:09 pm

mtarail wrote:Looks nice, Rka. Mine's sitting at the frame shop. (I went with a pretty simple float moulding).
Thanks, I do like it, been checking it out at a closer angle lately. Cool, please post a pic, I was thinking of black semi-gloss framed of some sort, still not sure.
3son
Art Connoisseur

Mon May 29, 2017 4:13 am

erw wrote:Yup, all five of them. Will have to have that fixed when I am getting them framed. My overall reaction is somewhat "mixed" - still love the piece and the effect of seven of them in one room is stunning. However, the "new" ones look somewhat "less finished" than the two "old" ones. It looks like he didn't do a black layer at the end, so the face looks somewhat blurry /has other colors over it. But maybe that is all just an effect of the missing frame. I do wonder why he didn't sign them though.
Please provide photo of that room you're referring to, sounds awesome :).
kansasbbq
Art God

Tue May 30, 2017 1:36 pm

Codeblue wrote:
mr_rugby wrote:
You bought one?
Unfortunately.
It's really that bad?
Codeblue wrote:#whydidntilisten2kbbq
rka00
Art Expert

Tue May 30, 2017 1:56 pm

kansasbbq wrote:
Codeblue wrote:
mr_rugby wrote:
You bought one?
Unfortunately.
It's really that bad?
Is the warping worse than mine?
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Tue May 30, 2017 2:22 pm

Can't tell the extent from that view, but yes mine does look worse. Got a side view? Mine is pretty bad. I'll post pics later.
rka00
Art Expert

Tue May 30, 2017 10:03 pm

the worse, about 1/4"
closeup.JPG
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Wed May 31, 2017 12:44 am

These are pics of it lying "flat".

xangelx
Art Expert

Wed May 31, 2017 6:28 am

Put some books on it. I'm sure it'll flatten right out in 5-10yrs.
"If I could fly high above the world, would I see a bunch of living dots spell the word stupidity" - Bad Religion