Results: Poster & Art Print of the Year 2011

Official Expresso Beans Art News.
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Sun Jan 22, 2012 3:18 pm

It would require running a database query. Only a couple team members are capable of performing such an action. These team members are barely around anymore.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
Rick_a_c
Art Expert

Sun Jan 22, 2012 5:19 pm

That sounds like a campaign statement to me :wink:
I always defer to someone who's wearing a beater, regardless of what else he's wearing.
mcnail
Art Expert

Fri Jan 27, 2012 10:46 am

Thanks for all of the Mondo love this year. We appreciate it more than you know...
poppy
Art Enthusiast

Wed Feb 08, 2012 9:06 am

Well deserved firsts, both of them. I would have put my vote on Widespread Panic for the posters, but well, I'm an art nouveau freak.
Congrats to Geddes and Struzan/Taylor!
wi22azor
Art Connoisseur

Sat Jan 05, 2013 4:56 pm

Its only January 5th, how do i vote. Mondo Corporation, thanks for the mass production! are you printing in mexico yet?
GiantBoyDective
Art Freak

Sat Jan 05, 2013 5:01 pm

wi22azor wrote:Its only January 5th, how do i vote. Mondo Corporation, thanks for the mass production! are you printing in mexico yet?
You should thank Mondo Zelda dad they make cool prints that ur able to make ur kids mule for! were you in Austin today with the fam waiting in line?
Image #trollcru
danieldanger wrote:what you do aint hustlin. see, in MY hustle, i get to sell the whole run and each print only costs me like $6. y'alls is small potatoe street level fudge.
aahnutz
EB Team

Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:53 am

turnJBup wrote:Roll up those movie posters real tight and stick 'em up yer asses.

:hanging:
There are three categories this year - Poster, Art Print, and Cinema. Yay!
The information contained in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinion of Expressobeans.com (EB) and shall not be held to limit the rights of EB under the Fair Use Doctrine or any other federal, state, or local law which may be applicable.
Rick_a_c
Art Expert

Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:00 am

Cool. MOST will be pleased... Don't try to please the others 8)
I always defer to someone who's wearing a beater, regardless of what else he's wearing.
RiotAct
EB Team

Sun Jan 06, 2013 1:12 pm

Rick_a_c wrote:Cool. MOST will be pleased... Don't try to please the others 8)
this :D
RottenAtom
Art Freak

Sun Jan 06, 2013 1:24 pm

aahnutz wrote:
turnJBup wrote:Roll up those movie posters real tight and stick 'em up yer asses.

:hanging:
There are three categories this year - Poster, Art Print, and Cinema. Yay!
:clap: :clap: :clap: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

Excellent! Been fighting for that for a while! :pint:
Yamar
EB Team Emeritus

Sun Jan 06, 2013 2:38 pm

Do remember that there is some play between categories - we've run into this in the past with some music related prints that once were "posters" but by definition are now in the category of "art prints". Cases in the last 2 years have included things like the Stout and Moss Star Wars sets (which are both Cinema class) as compared to the rest of Mondo's Star Wars series (which are all Art Prints). This year's Universal Monsters series produced a couple of items - such as Drew Millward's The Trip:
which fall in as an Art Print and not Cinema class. Each category list has been reviewed by the staff so hopefully we won't run into past conflicts of things being mis-categorized as once voting starts, that's it.

At this point, we expect voting to open on January 13 and be open for one week...
Tra la la la la...
Yamar
EB Team Emeritus

Sun Jan 06, 2013 2:47 pm

Oh... and for the curious, the nominees for 2012 will be viewable until January 10 by clicking on the "Art of the Year" link in the left side column of the EB home page. This brings up tabs of all past award winners and currently has been tweaked to show the 2012 nominees for each category (in case you're wanting to see them in advance or are just curious).
I do find it a bit funny that there are 6 pages of poster/gigposters, 5 pages of Cinema class, and 11 pages of art prints. Should be interesting to see where we end up this year. I've got my pick for poster set, ideas on Cinema. No idea on where I'll land for art print (although it's the class that interests me the least).
Tra la la la la...
veltri
Art Expert

Sun Jan 06, 2013 3:02 pm

Is it too late to nominate something for inclusion?
strongstuff wrote: i want to watch those fools squirm.
RottenAtom
Art Freak

Sun Jan 06, 2013 4:00 pm

Yamar wrote:Do remember that there is some play between categories - we've run into this in the past with some music related prints that once were "posters" but by definition are now in the category of "art prints". Cases in the last 2 years have included things like the Stout and Moss Star Wars sets (which are both Cinema class) as compared to the rest of Mondo's Star Wars series (which are all Art Prints). This year's Universal Monsters series produced a couple of items - such as Drew Millward's The Trip:
which fall in as an Art Print and not Cinema class. Each category list has been reviewed by the staff so hopefully we won't run into past conflicts of things being mis-categorized as once voting starts, that's it.

At this point, we expect voting to open on January 13 and be open for one week...
Awesome :clap:

Is Drew Struzan's The Thing classified as Cinema or Art print?
Yamar
EB Team Emeritus

Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:06 pm

veltri wrote:Is it too late to nominate something for inclusion?
Yes. Nominations must be made during the year for the award. That encourages people to actually use their weekly nominating power rather than just wait till year end voting.

And RA - you can see it in the listing for any print in question. The Struzan piece is an Art Print - doesn't mention The Thing at all and while it's agreed that those who know the film will generally know where it came from, there is no identifying mark for it otherwise. Compare to pieces from Mondo's Star Wars series that have no text but are definitely Star Wars (and are also classified as art prints). As mentioned, only those with the film titles and credits are listed as Cinema class.
Tra la la la la...