EAB 2nd Annual Benefit

Official Expresso Beans Art News.
sunsetbrew
Art Expert

Mon Nov 01, 2004 1:10 am

The EAB Charity Fund (www.eabfund.org)

2nd Annual Charity Fund Benefit show

Nov. 13th 4:30 pm - Until

Events will be held at De La Luz @Temple Ball Gallery and The ArtsCenter on main st. Carrboro.

Founded in memory of Elaine A Battaglino, the fund raises money to benefit cancer research and children's science programs. In November, we will be holding our 2nd Annual Benefit Shows at the ArtsCenter and De La Luz @ Temple Ball on Main st. in Carrboro. The event, featuring music by The Steve Kimock Band is our main fundraising event of the year.

A Very Special Pre Show Meet & Greet will be held at The De La Luz Performance Space @ Temple Ball Gallery (right across the street from the ArtsCenter) Steve Kimock will be hanging out and meeting with folks before the ArtsCenter performance. Also on hand will be Steve's life long friend and lap steel stuntman, Mike Babyak for a Special duo acoustic jam on the De La Luz stage. This event is Free & open to the public but a $5 suggested donation to the EAB charity fund at the door would be greatly appreciated. This event will start at 4:30 pm - 6 pm

The Main event features the full Steve Kimock Band will be held at the Earl Wynn Theater of the ArtsCenter,

Doors: 8:00 / Show 9 pm - 11 pm

A great line up has also been assembled for a Post-Steve Kimock Band Late Night show to be held at The De La Luz Performance Space @ Temple Ball Gallery. Doors open at 11:30 pm / Show time is 11:45 pm - Until

Featuring:
The Bridge
Cerulean City
Rattlecan Moses

Tickets for the Post-SKB Late Night show are $7 - Tickets are available at Temple Ball Gallery in advance or at the door.

The EAB Charity Fund sponsors various activities and donates 100% of the proceeds to charity. The Fund has chosen programs that we believe Elaine would be proud to support. Charities include the North Carolina Children's Hospital, Make-a-Wish, The Rochester Museum and Science Center, Exploris, and other related programs.

Tickets are now available on-line at www.Kimock.com

At Temple Ball Gallery / 919.929.1208 www.templeball.com

Or at the ArtsCenter Box Office www.artscenterlive.org
Clifford_Ball
Art Enthusiast

Mon Nov 01, 2004 2:10 pm

Thomas, what state is that in? I;m not familiar with Carborro. Thanks!
sunsetbrew
Art Expert

Mon Nov 01, 2004 3:02 pm

That is in north carolina near chapel hill. :)
asthma
Art Enthusiast

Wed Nov 03, 2004 1:42 pm

Clifford_Ball wrote:Thomas, what state is that in? I;m not familiar with Carborro. Thanks!
haaha, i was just about to ask the same thing...
Flimby

Tue Nov 16, 2004 9:39 pm

Couldn't make the show, but I made a donation to the fund today. A worthy cause.
Last edited by Flimby on Wed Nov 17, 2004 1:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
drowningcreek
Art Connoisseur

Tue Nov 16, 2004 10:34 pm

Thomas, where were you? We missed seeing you there!!
sunsetbrew
Art Expert

Wed Nov 17, 2004 9:44 am

I had to take care of the family at that time, so I had to miss it :(
drowningcreek
Art Connoisseur

Wed Nov 17, 2004 11:26 am

Ah, priorities.... you're a good guy!!

We'll be up for Jermaine's show this weekend. I think Jeff plans to see Lotus at de la Luz as well. I love Rick's shop....
Yamar
EB Team Emeritus

Wed Nov 17, 2004 12:35 pm

You two both suck (for the moment - just wishing I could get to Carolina this weekend) :P
Tra la la la la...