Official Expresso Beans Art News.

Postby aahnutz on Fri Jun 11, 2010 12:31 am

...plus a few more. :wink:

aahnutz
EB Team

The information contained in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinion of Expressobeans.com (EB) and shall not be held to limit the rights of EB under the Fair Use Doctrine or any other federal, state, or local law which may be applicable.

Postby Codeblue on Fri Mar 30, 2012 4:30 am

Impeccable timing. We have the best bots eva.
Codeblue
Art God

RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.

Postby BLGallery on Sun Apr 01, 2012 9:02 am

Congrats to the team!
BLGallery
Art Enthusiast

Postby thebends9 on Sun Apr 01, 2012 10:43 am

Is there anyway to implement a mandatory $5 paypal donation to EB when joining the site. Might slow down the bots/constant name changers on this site...
thebends9
Art Expert

Postby treweman on Sun Apr 01, 2012 10:59 am

thebends9 wrote:Is there anyway to implement a mandatory $5 paypal donation to EB when joining the site. Might slow down the bots/constant name changers on this site...

This is a TERRIFIC suggestion. Simple, easy to understand, and I suspect, very effective.
treweman
Art Expert

Postby gonzo303 on Sun Apr 01, 2012 11:46 am

thebends9 wrote:Is there anyway to implement a mandatory $5 paypal donation to EB when joining the site. Might slow down the bots/constant name changers on this site...

Heathunter would be bringing EB a lot of money monthly. I'm all for it!!!!!
gonzo303
Art Freak

Same fudge, different drop.

Postby rmoore on Sun Apr 01, 2012 11:54 am

How about this instead — you can join but you can't post until you donate $5. That would eliminate the bot problem. Just seems to me that having to donate to join would discourage a lot of people.
rmoore
Art Expert

Postby zefarrett on Thu Apr 05, 2012 8:00 am

rmoore wrote:How about this instead — you can join but you can't post until you donate $5. That would eliminate the bot problem. Just seems to me that having to donate to join would discourage a lot of people.

This isn't a bad idea, but Im not sure if they would implement it because of the whole backbone of a free art community that they advertise. Also, it seems as if there has been way more spam then normal recently :x
zefarrett
Art Expert

Image Image me owwww
Instagram: zefarrett
Untappd: zefarrett (just pm me who you are)

Postby rmoore on Thu Apr 05, 2012 8:09 am

zefarrett wrote:
rmoore wrote:How about this instead — you can join but you can't post until you donate $5. That would eliminate the bot problem. Just seems to me that having to donate to join would discourage a lot of people.

This isn't a bad idea, but Im not sure if they would implement it because of the whole backbone of a free art community that they advertise. Also, it seems as if there has been way more spam then normal recently :x

How about just a donation of 1 cent? Just an extra step in the registration process to ensure that you're human. That would immediately stop the bot problem as bots don't have paypal accounts.
rmoore
Art Expert

Postby murdock on Fri Apr 06, 2012 8:14 am

Real good idea! These spammers are really annoying.

Shouldn't make it too hard for people to join as many don't really know what they're joining in the beginning, but it should be worth at least $1 to everyone, I guess...
murdock
Art Expert

Image Image Image Image Image

Postby aahnutz on Fri Apr 06, 2012 10:26 am

1) This will always be a free site.
2) We're aware of the spam issue. We are in the process of addressing the situation.

Thanks.
aahnutz
EB Team

The information contained in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinion of Expressobeans.com (EB) and shall not be held to limit the rights of EB under the Fair Use Doctrine or any other federal, state, or local law which may be applicable.

Postby padelimike on Fri Apr 13, 2012 9:29 am

what spam issue?
padelimike
Art Connoisseur

Postby PLUSH on Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:02 am

padelimike wrote:what spam issue?

LOL, Unless you are here everyday, several times throughout the day, you won't see it.

I understand that this is a free site. Free site to browse, but if you wan to post I see no problem with having to contribute to the community beyond only showing up telling us that you have some new print dropping, or all the other SPAM that we get totally unrelated to this site.
PLUSH
Art Expert

Postby murdock on Wed Apr 18, 2012 9:09 am

aahnutz wrote:We're aware of the spam issue. We are in the process of addressing the situation.

murdock
Art Expert

Image Image Image Image Image

Return to News