Update: February 1, 2024: EB Art of the Year Fiasco and New Team Members

Official Expresso Beans Art News.
whalaw
Site Admin

Thu Feb 01, 2024 7:51 pm

Hey,

I hope everyone is well. I writing to let you know that we ARE aware of the issues concerning our most recent Art of the Year voting (fiasco). We are discussing this in the Team Forum and hope to have a resolution soon. I will update here once we come to a consensus.

In addition, we would like to welcome our newest full Team Members:

Browntrout
carini_2
descendo
dna311
RiotAct
soupysound

We greatly appreciate their hard work on behalf of Expressobeans.com.

Please keep entering e-Bay auctions because that's how we pay the bills around here. And, to those Members that have been entering auctions and adding to the database, we thank you. As always, if you have any technical experience and would like to volunteer to help Expressobeans.com, please reach out to the Tech Team.

Thanks.

whalaw
turnJBup
Art Freak

Fri Feb 02, 2024 4:33 pm

Great news.

Easy fix.
Drop the video game cartridge from poster of the year category.
It still wins in The Shart Print category.
Spusta wins POTY.

That’s all this is.
A popular poster was listed twice, mistakenly put in the wrong category. No toes are stepped on, it still wins.
Obvious to everyone that posters are not listed in more than one category… it wins the category where it was supposed to be.

It’s not like the nubs in the tik tok campaign to push the video cover over the finish line visit this site. Just a quick registration and vote.

Old timers are happy, everything is back to normal.
Thanks.
YellowBedwetter
Art Expert

Fri Feb 02, 2024 8:03 pm

Thanks whalaw and team!

Looking forward to crowning Phish MSG Spusta as Poster of the Year 2023!
Grateful69Phish
Art Freak

Fri Feb 02, 2024 8:14 pm

:clap:
tbraun76
Art Enthusiast

Sat Feb 03, 2024 9:54 am

I really do not think raising 2nd place to 1st makes sense. The equitable thing to do is redo the vote or leave results as is...
wi22azor
Art Connoisseur

Sat Feb 03, 2024 9:05 pm

What morons voted for a video game poster for concert poster of the year and for Art Print of the Year? No reason to re-vote and give them another chance to vote for concert poster of the year and for art print of the year. They trashed their vote IMO. They may end up voting for some random garbage and making a mockery of the EB awards again. Remove the items that are in the wrong category and move the other posters that received legitimate votes up to the next open spot. Then next year, make sure the categories are clean before the vote begins. A re-vote would not be without bias now. Some people will change their vote knowing what the top picks were. Next year we can hope for a clean election with the correct nominations in the correct categories. Perhaps the category names need to be revised to make it clear what they are.
Last edited by wi22azor on Sat Feb 03, 2024 9:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ygolohcysp
Art Expert

Sat Feb 03, 2024 9:07 pm

Next year: electoral college
kansasbbq
Art God

Sat Feb 03, 2024 9:56 pm

wi22azor wrote:
Then next year, make sure the categories are clean before the vote begins.
Shouldn't this be the case every year?
Codeblue wrote:#whydidntilisten2kbbq
tbraun76
Art Enthusiast

Sun Feb 04, 2024 12:20 am

wi22azor wrote:
What morons voted for a video game poster for concert poster of the year and for Art Print of the Year? No reason to re-vote and give them another chance to vote for concert poster of the year and for art print of the year. They trashed their vote IMO. They may end up voting for some random garbage and making a mockery of the EB awards again. Remove the items that are in the wrong category and move the other posters that received legitimate votes up to the next open spot. Then next year, make sure the categories are clean before the vote begins. A re-vote would not be without bias now. Some people will change their vote knowing what the top picks were. Next year we can hope for a clean election with the correct nominations in the correct categories. Perhaps the category names need to be revised to make it clear what they are.
Agree with category point but that doesnt mean an elevation of 2nd place to 1st is correct.

Jake's poster is very well done and he should be fully congratulated for the accomplishment. I did not vote for it, do not own it and have no stake in outcome but those people's votes should count if they so choose to vote for a different print.

Frankly your comment on the voters is poor form.

Regarding bias....there is always an inherent bias in an election. Do not see your point.
turnJBup
Art Freak

Sun Feb 04, 2024 1:13 am

wi22azor wrote:
Exactly what I was thinking:
Moving the Spusta up to 1st place, removes whatever tik tok group that was.
No need for a redo.
Betting most of us would vote for Spusta if we wasted time with another vote anyway.
It wasn’t my choice, but I definitely feel it should be the winner.

Easy fix.
ygolohcysp
Art Expert

Sun Feb 04, 2024 2:30 am

no votes for noobs
GamePrintRepeat

Sun Feb 04, 2024 8:23 am

It's a poster, isn't it? Don'y know why it won art print, but it won the other fair and square.
jojobadass
Art God

Sun Feb 04, 2024 12:56 pm

that video game poster is really growing on me
For the best concert and movie posters available, check out: http://www.jojosposters.com

For other art crap....be sure to check out: http://www.jojosfineart.com

And for the kinkiest records in the world......check out the newest website in the Jojo Empire: http://www.jojosrecords.com
ygolohcysp
Art Expert

Sun Feb 04, 2024 2:38 pm

jojobadass wrote:
Sun Feb 04, 2024 12:56 pm
that video game poster is really growing on me
I really like it myself, not concert poster of the year like it
GamePrintRepeat

Mon Feb 05, 2024 4:19 am

Thought it just said poster of the year