EB Site Issues & Upgrades

Official Expresso Beans Art News.
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Thu May 03, 2018 3:19 pm

RIP EB. Thx 4 all the donations folks.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
mfaith
EB Team Emeritus

Thu May 03, 2018 6:56 pm

Marcolica wrote:And is it just me or are there no new additions to the data base since last week?
Not just you. As has been mentioned, image uploading is throwing errors. Since adding art to the database involves uploading an image, db additions isn't working...mostly. There are super short windows where it'll behave normally. Maybe like a minute at most. So I've been testing it periodically as I'm able, trying to find one of those windows, and then slam as much through as i can. But yeah, that just means three or four entries a day at best. Needless to say my queue of art to add is piling up pretty significantly. But I'm trying. :?
Once that refresh happens I'll work hard to get caught up.
So it goes...
Marcolica

Fri May 04, 2018 12:20 pm

mfaith wrote:
Marcolica wrote:And is it just me or are there no new additions to the data base since last week?
Not just you. As has been mentioned, image uploading is throwing errors. Since adding art to the database involves uploading an image, db additions isn't working...mostly. There are super short windows where it'll behave normally. Maybe like a minute at most. So I've been testing it periodically as I'm able, trying to find one of those windows, and then slam as much through as i can. But yeah, that just means three or four entries a day at best. Needless to say my queue of art to add is piling up pretty significantly. But I'm trying. :?

Thank U! Please keep the good work going on !

By the way: right now it seems, that the images are back again ...

Cheers
Marco
mfaith
EB Team Emeritus

Fri May 04, 2018 12:22 pm

Marcolica wrote:
mfaith wrote:

Thank U! Please keep the good work going on !

By the way: right now it seems, that the images are back again ...

Cheers
Marco
Yeah, it's been much better this morning. I was able to put two full gallery shows and a handful of other things in my queue into the DB before work, without any issues. So I'm cautiously optimistic. Still have a bunch more in my queue to put in over the coming days, but it's definitely improved. :cheers:
So it goes...
RiotAct
EB Team

Fri May 04, 2018 8:26 pm

mfaith, you are doing the Lord’s work! Thanks for everything
mfaith
EB Team Emeritus

Fri May 04, 2018 8:31 pm

RiotAct wrote:mfaith, you are doing the Lord’s work! Thanks for everything
Thanks man. Appreciate the kind words. Just doing my best. :cheers:
So it goes...
letstalkprints
Art Connoisseur

Fri May 04, 2018 9:35 pm

So you don't get a slice of the pie in anyway? You ought to (something) based upon production (and you do produce).
I'm your huckleberry. That's just my game.
earlgreytoast
Art Expert

Fri May 04, 2018 9:37 pm

He gets social currency, more valuable than gold in today’s world.
Codeblue wrote: I’m sorry for everything.
mfaith
EB Team Emeritus

Fri May 04, 2018 9:48 pm

letstalkprints wrote:So you don't get a slice of the pie in anyway? You ought to (something) based upon production (and you do produce).
Yeah, I mean it's just my way of contributing where I can. If my crazy OCD tendencies can be put to positive use, then all the better. haha XD
So it goes...
Irishman12
Art Expert

Sun May 06, 2018 9:27 pm

mfaith wrote:
letstalkprints wrote:So you don't get a slice of the pie in anyway? You ought to (something) based upon production (and you do produce).
Yeah, I mean it's just my way of contributing where I can. If my crazy OCD tendencies can be put to positive use, then all the better. haha XD
As others have said, keep up the great work mfaith! We appreciate it :pint:
ToolFanFromWayBack
Art Expert

Sun May 20, 2018 12:13 am

I must say the latest, throwback, all text forum skin is not a good one.
I need more. Nothing seems to satisfy. I don't want it. I just need it. To feel, to breathe, to know I'm alive. - MJK
“People incapable of guilt usually have a good time.” - Rust Cohle
Presenting Codeblue's 30000th post -
Codeblue wrote:bump
Grateful69Phish
Art Freak

Sun May 20, 2018 6:25 am

HTML issues, pages loading in wrong format, photos not populating.... lots of work to be done
piper27
Art Expert

Sun May 20, 2018 11:01 am

I dig this new upgrade. Really helps me navigate around in the dark well
Codeblue wrote:Try vigorously rubbing yer peen on it several times.
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Sun May 20, 2018 11:59 am

So retro.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
ToolFanFromWayBack
Art Expert

Mon May 21, 2018 1:08 am

So, would it be easier to start a new site, get the latest threads (like last 3 months) and continue to move content in in the background, over time?

I don't know how bad the back end of this site is or, if you are even trying to fix it, but it seems to me that it might be a lost cause...
I need more. Nothing seems to satisfy. I don't want it. I just need it. To feel, to breathe, to know I'm alive. - MJK
“People incapable of guilt usually have a good time.” - Rust Cohle
Presenting Codeblue's 30000th post -
Codeblue wrote:bump