EB Site Issues & Upgrades

Official Expresso Beans Art News.
aahnutz
EB Team

Sun Oct 16, 2016 12:47 pm

Dear Members,
As you are all aware, EB is experiencing major growing pains. We know that many features you utilize are not reliable and sometimes inoperable. We are doing our best to find a solution to these problems. We have been in active talks about what is needed to upgrade the site and how much it will cost. Unfortunately, our funds over the past few years have been declining. eBay revenues are way down from what they had been previously, as are donations. We are in discussion as to how to increase funds, while keeping the site free to our members. One of the best ways you can help us today is by using eBay links whenever you are purchasing something on eBay. It doesn't matter what you are buying. As long as you click on an eBay link from EB, the site receives a percentage of the purchase price - whether it's a poster, t-shirt, Legos, replacement parts for your motorcycle, or even a car. If you could do that, it would help us immensely. We know you are frustrated that EB is not functioning as it once was. The team feels your frustration as well, and then some. Hopefully we will be as good as new by the first of the new year.

Thank you!
The information contained in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinion of Expressobeans.com (EB) and shall not be held to limit the rights of EB under the Fair Use Doctrine or any other federal, state, or local law which may be applicable.
Loobaz
Art Connoisseur

Sun Oct 16, 2016 12:57 pm

I was just thinking about this exact thing the other day - how to create and use eBay links from here when purchasing things other than prints...

What is the best way to do it? Write a post or PM with the ebay link, press Preview so it becomes "active", then follow the link from there? (then delete the message) Or, am I being thick? Where else can we put random eBay links without attributing them to a print?

(It's about my time for another Donation anyway)
alittle
Art Freak

Sun Oct 16, 2016 1:04 pm

You don't need to make the link for the specific item you are buying, you just have to click a link from EB to get on to eBay.

I'm sure most users would be happy to donate if there was some transparency throughout the fundraising process.
mobius006
Art Freak

Sun Oct 16, 2016 1:08 pm

down for a fundraising drive :cheers:
aahnutz
EB Team

Sun Oct 16, 2016 1:13 pm

Click on any eBay link on EB. For instance, if you receive a notice that a print you're searching for has been listed on eBay, use the auction link. Even if you don't buy the print, but buy something else while you're browsing, EB gets a cut because you initially used the link from our site. All we're asking is that whenever you are hoping to buy something on eBay, use a link - any link - from EB first.
The information contained in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinion of Expressobeans.com (EB) and shall not be held to limit the rights of EB under the Fair Use Doctrine or any other federal, state, or local law which may be applicable.
aahnutz
EB Team

Sun Oct 16, 2016 1:19 pm

alittle wrote:I'm sure most users would be happy to donate if there was some transparency throughout the fundraising process.
Not sure what you mean. Do you mean a stated goal and the amount donated that's updated each week? I'm sure that would be no problem once approved by the board.
alittle
Art Freak

Sun Oct 16, 2016 1:24 pm

Yeah, something like that. Count me in for a donation.
tranito
Art Expert

Sun Oct 16, 2016 1:38 pm

aahnutz wrote:Click on any eBay link on EB. For instance, if you receive a notice that a print you're searching for has been listed on eBay, use the auction link. Even if you don't buy the print, but buy something else while you're browsing, EB gets a cut because you initially used the link from our site. All we're asking is that whenever you are hoping to buy something on eBay, use a link - any link - from EB first.
Didn't know that. I bet most members don't. Kind of a game changer.
Kramerica wrote:There are a ton of really nice people who come across as complete dickheads on EB.
Scottjohnston
Art Expert

Sun Oct 16, 2016 1:52 pm

I'd be in for donating as well
Loobaz
Art Connoisseur

Sun Oct 16, 2016 1:54 pm

Ahhh, so I was being a bit dim! :D

All makes sense now. I'll certainly get into the habit of doing this from now on. :pint:
SPAC04
Art Expert

Sun Oct 16, 2016 2:11 pm

im due for a donation, i been on here forever and built 75% of my collection of this page, so yea I am down to donate. I was thinking about raffling a poster on FB and donating all proceeds to EB, haven't done it yet though so what does that matter.
xangelx
Art Expert

Sun Oct 16, 2016 5:34 pm

tranito wrote:
aahnutz wrote:Click on any eBay link on EB. For instance, if you receive a notice that a print you're searching for has been listed on eBay, use the auction link. Even if you don't buy the print, but buy something else while you're browsing, EB gets a cut because you initially used the link from our site. All we're asking is that whenever you are hoping to buy something on eBay, use a link - any link - from EB first.
Didn't know that. I bet most members don't. Kind of a game changer.
Dang I didn't know that either. Will make a habit of it from now on.
"If I could fly high above the world, would I see a bunch of living dots spell the word stupidity" - Bad Religion
fredo
Art God

Sun Oct 16, 2016 5:46 pm

I knew that!
just a foil for me today, thanks
younevrknow
EB Team

Tue Oct 18, 2016 11:04 am

Been buying on eBay for 15 years and never knew this. But now that I do, consider it done from here on out!
ErocAfellar
Art Expert

Tue Oct 18, 2016 12:12 pm

alittle wrote:I'm sure most users would be happy to donate if there was some transparency throughout the fundraising process.
Agreed. I suggested this months ago...
HappaHaoli wrote:That is freaking Eroctic!