New 6 Month Average

Official Expresso Beans Art News.
sunsetbrew
Art Expert

Thu Jan 13, 2005 10:50 pm

We have had many requests for a 6 month average price statistic which we are happy to say finally exists.

The past concerns were that over time, the overall average price was not very useful as a determination of value. The EB teams does its best, but once should always use caution when using the figures to assign a value. It is only a tool and should not be used as the definitive value.

Art is always worth what you are willing to pay for it. :)
Yamar
EB Team Emeritus

Fri Jan 14, 2005 8:02 am

What a great development Thomas. I now that this was being discussed (again) some at phishposters yesterday, but I do really think it's a great thing for EB, especially since the overall average is also still posted -- you can see if (on average) a print is on an upswing as well!
Nice job!!!
Tra la la la la...
sunsetbrew
Art Expert

Fri Jan 14, 2005 9:56 am

I had figured you wanted it and it was not too bad to add on. Do you think there is still value in the other stats like highest, lowest, standard deviation and all? Sometimes, too much info confuses people.
dougr
Site Admin

Fri Jan 14, 2005 11:04 am

sunsetbrew wrote:I had figured you wanted it and it was not too bad to add on. Do you think there is still value in the other stats like highest, lowest, standard deviation and all? Sometimes, too much info confuses people.
those are all very useful stats to have available imho.
Yamar
EB Team Emeritus

Fri Jan 14, 2005 11:16 am

I think that they are quite useful except for maybe the standard deviation which is a bit too much info for the average (and even above average) user. I wouldn't be crushed to see that one go, but matters not if it stays either.
Tra la la la la...
Foreverdrunk
Art Connoisseur

Fri Jan 14, 2005 4:06 pm

Yamar wrote:I think that they are quite useful except for maybe the standard deviation which is a bit too much info for the average (and even above average) user. I wouldn't be crushed to see that one go, but matters not if it stays either.
I agree with Brendan... Great job Thomas!
Space for rent. Please pm/email me. Thanks
morst
EB Team

Fri Jan 14, 2005 4:40 pm

if you understand the notion of standard deviation, it's a handy thing. I would not sob and weep if it went poof. . . epecially if there was a detailed stat view that woud still incorporate it. .

I was actually hoping to see the 6 month as a different color stripe on the graph. . . the number is handy, but I half-expected a "curve".

lots of good ideas. . .

And say,Tom, can the site map include all the little spots that are not there yet, like http://www.expressobeans.com/ebprints.php ?
The information contained in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinion of Expressobeans.com (EB) and shall not be held to limit the rights of EB under the Fair Use Doctrine or any other federal, state, or local law which may be applicable.
sunsetbrew
Art Expert

Fri Jan 14, 2005 4:58 pm

morst wrote: And say,Tom, can the site map include all the little spots that are not there yet, like http://www.expressobeans.com/ebprints.php ?
The site map is generated from the menu. All we would need to do is add it to the menu. Any place you suggest?