Page 3 of 3

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 7:29 pm
by Yamar
Yes, ANY Ebay link on EB will work. If you click on an auction in the FS/FT pages, any Ebay link in the forums, or even one of the Ebay banners posted in discretionary places on the site and then bid and win on ANY item on Ebay, we will get a kickback :) This does mean that if you're planning to buy that car on Ebay Motors, you can click from a link on EB > search the auction you were planning to bid on > place bid and win > help EB in the process.
Takes an extra step or two, but a couple of mouse clicks to help the site (and we get $ that would go to Ebay instead - nothing extra to the buyer or seller), why not do it!?!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 7:27 pm
by ryefish75
My usual bumping of this thread.

Help out your friendly neighborhood poster website, make all your eBay purchases and bids via an EB click-through link.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 11:20 pm
by dangerboy
thanks for the bump. was news to me....

Re: Help EB when you buy on Ebay

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 3:30 pm
by ryefish75
Yamar wrote:Hey... here is something about EB and EBay that you probably didn't know:

If you click on an auction link on EB, it takes you to that specific Ebay auction listing. If a user clicks that link and then BIDS ON AND WINS the auction, Ebay provides EB with a commission based on the Final Value Fee for the auction. If you know that you're gonna bid on something, click that EB link to get to the auction. Then bid. It doesn't cost you or the seller anything extra - just takes a little change out of Ebay's pocket and puts it into EB's instead.

So if you're gonna bid and buy, please do so thru EB's links when you can - it only helps to support the site. And if you say you can't because the auction (or even the piece of art) isn't listed, then submit it and then you will be able to! :)


Can't bump this thread enough.
If you find yourself avoiding the "You might be a douchebag if...." thread, at least you could buy your flipped prints and other junk on eBay via an EB link to eBay.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 4:48 pm
by jenga
This message should be stickied at the top of all the different sections

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 4:21 pm
by bostonlou
jenga wrote:This message should be stickied at the top of all the different sections


exactly!

I've put it in my sig... hopefully enough people will pay attention and make a difference

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 7:55 pm
by ryefish75
Thread revival bump.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 10:50 pm
by jodeci78
i'm going to link everytime i sell on ebay...bump

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 6:48 am
by jojobadass
jodeci78 wrote:i'm going to link everytime i sell on ebay...bump



ya see, I don't have a problem w/ people posting a link to their ebay items. It's more in how they do it.

If you post a link w/ no details, but simply to say "look at my crap on ebay".....that kind of sucks. But, if you include poster titles, images, etc.......that would obviously be much better. I would approach it no different than if you were going to sell something on EB........If you don't include a title, picture, and/or discription of the poster/s; it's really little more than spam.

Re: Help EB when you buy on Ebay

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 3:27 pm
by ryefish75
Yamar wrote:Hey... here is something about EB and EBay that you probably didn't know:

If you click on an auction link on EB, it takes you to that specific Ebay auction listing. If a user clicks that link and then BIDS ON AND WINS the auction, Ebay provides EB with a commission based on the Final Value Fee for the auction. If you know that you're gonna bid on something, click that EB link to get to the auction. Then bid. It doesn't cost you or the seller anything extra - just takes a little change out of Ebay's pocket and puts it into EB's instead.

So if you're gonna bid and buy, please do so thru EB's links when you can - it only helps to support the site. And if you say you can't because the auction (or even the piece of art) isn't listed, then submit it and then you will be able to! :)


Thread bump for new members: FYI.

Re: Help EB when you buy on Ebay

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 2:34 pm
by ryefish75
Been a while bump.

Re:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2016 6:01 pm
by aahnutz
Reminder:

Yamar wrote:Hey... here is something about EB and EBay that you probably didn't know:

If you click on an auction link on EB, it takes you to that specific Ebay auction listing. If a user clicks that link and then BIDS ON AND WINS the auction, Ebay provides EB with a commission based on the Final Value Fee for the auction. If you know that you're gonna bid on something, click that EB link to get to the auction. Then bid. It doesn't cost you or the seller anything extra - just takes a little change out of Ebay's pocket and puts it into EB's instead.

So if you're gonna bid and buy, please do so thru EB's links when you can - it only helps to support the site. And if you say you can't because the auction (or even the piece of art) isn't listed, then submit it and then you will be able to! :)


Also...

Yamar wrote:....ANY Ebay link on EB will work. If you click on an auction in the FS/FT pages, any Ebay link in the forums, or even one of the Ebay banners posted in discretionary places on the site and then bid and win on ANY item on Ebay, we will get a kickback :) This does mean that if you're planning to buy that car on Ebay Motors, you can click from a link on EB > search the auction you were planning to bid on > place bid and win > help EB in the process.
Takes an extra step or two, but a couple of mouse clicks to help the site (and we get $ that would go to Ebay instead - nothing extra to the buyer or seller), why not do it!?!


8)

Re: Help EB when you buy on Ebay

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2016 8:27 am
by aahnutz
Another reminder... 8)

Re: Re:

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2016 9:33 am
by aahnutz
aahnutz wrote:Reminder:

Yamar wrote:Hey... here is something about EB and EBay that you probably didn't know:

If you click on an auction link on EB, it takes you to that specific Ebay auction listing. If a user clicks that link and then BIDS ON AND WINS the auction, Ebay provides EB with a commission based on the Final Value Fee for the auction. If you know that you're gonna bid on something, click that EB link to get to the auction. Then bid. It doesn't cost you or the seller anything extra - just takes a little change out of Ebay's pocket and puts it into EB's instead.

So if you're gonna bid and buy, please do so thru EB's links when you can - it only helps to support the site. And if you say you can't because the auction (or even the piece of art) isn't listed, then submit it and then you will be able to! :)


Also...

Yamar wrote:....ANY Ebay link on EB will work. If you click on an auction in the FS/FT pages, any Ebay link in the forums, or even one of the Ebay banners posted in discretionary places on the site and then bid and win on ANY item on Ebay, we will get a kickback :) This does mean that if you're planning to buy that car on Ebay Motors, you can click from a link on EB > search the auction you were planning to bid on > place bid and win > help EB in the process.
Takes an extra step or two, but a couple of mouse clicks to help the site (and we get $ that would go to Ebay instead - nothing extra to the buyer or seller), why not do it!?!


8)