EB Art of the Year

Official Expresso Beans Art News.
rockbridge
Art Expert

Mon Jan 20, 2014 10:40 pm

RiotAct wrote:Where can we see the detailed results?
ackirkpatrick
Art Expert

Mon Jan 20, 2014 10:40 pm

Squirt would won the giggity if he had only released one wsp girl.
Rick_a_c
Art Expert

Mon Jan 20, 2014 10:46 pm

ackirkpatrick wrote:Squirt would won the giggity if he had only released one wsp girl.
I'm sure squirt is happier with multiple wsp girl posters and the associated money and fame, along with the happiness he has brought to Panic fans, than winning an EB poster of the year award. In other words, I don't think you'll see him cut back on his poster output in 2014 for fear of not winning this award next year.
Just sayin'.
I always defer to someone who's wearing a beater, regardless of what else he's wearing.
RiotAct
EB Team

Mon Jan 20, 2014 10:48 pm

rockbridge wrote:
Hey Sam - on the eb homepage, there's an 'Art of the Year' link on the left-hand side
rockbridge
Art Expert

Mon Jan 20, 2014 10:50 pm

RiotAct wrote:
rockbridge wrote:
Hey Sam - on the eb homepage, there's an 'Art of the Year' link on the left-hand side
:oops: Thanks Maxx!
ackirkpatrick
Art Expert

Mon Jan 20, 2014 10:57 pm

Rick_a_c wrote:
ackirkpatrick wrote:Squirt would won the giggity if he had only released one wsp girl.
I'm sure squirt is happier with multiple wsp girl posters and the associated money and fame, along with the happiness he has brought to Panic fans, than winning an EB poster of the year award. In other words, I don't think you'll see him cut back on his poster output in 2014 for fear of not winning this award next year.
Just sayin'.

Agreed I was jus sayin too. He had a great year.
GR8Dane
Art Expert

Mon Jan 20, 2014 11:01 pm

mistersmith wrote:I like how Horkey is the "hype" candidate even though there are members with 8+-year-old profiles that have been declaring him Greatest Illustrator Alive since day one. Long before most of today's users were active, long before Mondo was a bulge in anyone's crotch, long before...well, just get the drymount off my lawn already.

You newbies come in and decimate the print scene with this ceaseless pop culture onslaught, and then the best artist alive gets invited to play and kicks everyone's ass. Don't act surprised: you're not the victims, you're the perpetrators. You called out the boss and the boss laid it down, come at the king and you best not miss, and other misquotes from gangster movies. If you didn't want Horkey to tear you up you shouldn't have worn that short skirt. This isn't hype, this is destiny.

And you assholes are the reason I can't afford this fudge anymore. I miss the BoNA sub. Is anyone still on my lawn?
:pint:

and I'm still on your lawn!!! Whatchu gonna do about it?
Thronk
Art Expert

Mon Jan 20, 2014 11:16 pm

GR8Dane wrote:and I'm still on your lawn!!! Whatchu gonna do about it?
PLUSH
Art Expert

Mon Jan 20, 2014 11:16 pm

mistersmith wrote:Horkey ...the best artist alive gets invited to play and kicks everyone's ass.
Before I came here I had never heard of Horkey. True story. But I can guarantee, he is nowhere the best artist alive. True Story.
binky79
Art Expert

Mon Jan 20, 2014 11:22 pm

rockbridge wrote:
fredo wrote:Well, if we learned anything from this it's that if you like a gigposter you should nominate it for AOTW.
Exactly! I am remiss that I didnt take the time to vote for AOTW more often.
Me too. When are the votes for the week tallied/due? I might set up a recurring calendar reminder thingie...
canuck
Art Freak

Mon Jan 20, 2014 11:36 pm

We need that person (mod?) to create another sheet of a tally of all the votes and where exactly they all went with the %. :D
jjbehren
Flipper

Tue Jan 21, 2014 1:00 am

PLUSH wrote:
srdzevon wrote:I doubt there were very many people that voted for both.
Obviously there was as they won. I am sure the Horkey nuts voted straight ticket.
I'm sure I'd be considered a "Horkey nut," and I only voted for one Horkey, and the one I voted for didn't even win.

I would bet there are very few, if any, people that voted for both Graveyard and The Siren.
deancc
Art Expert

Tue Jan 21, 2014 5:41 am

jjbehren wrote:
PLUSH wrote:
srdzevon wrote:I doubt there were very many people that voted for both.
Obviously there was as they won. I am sure the Horkey nuts voted straight ticket.
I'm sure I'd be considered a "Horkey nut," and I only voted for one Horkey, and the one I voted for didn't even win.

I would bet there are very few, if any, people that voted for both Graveyard and The Siren.
I did, without any intentions.

Went through the posters... Graveyard stayed till the end... not too surprised (though Brandon Holt's Baroness poster made me think for a few seconds).

Looked through the art prints... chose The Siren at some point... got to the end and thought, "Really?", not because it's not worthy (I mean, I like it more than the Graveyard), but because they're almost the same choices. Considered going back and choosing something else. But, the instructions say something like Choose the print that you think is the best on the page. So I did.

I agree, it would have looked cooler to see more variety in the across-category first placings, but it is what it is. Crybabies... get the drymount over it.

Honestly, I'm more surprised that To Honour Chaos ended so high.
jason-bry
Flipper

Tue Jan 21, 2014 9:19 pm

PLUSH wrote:
mistersmith wrote:Horkey ...the best artist alive gets invited to play and kicks everyone's ass.
Before I came here I had never heard of Horkey. True story. But I can guarantee, he is nowhere the best artist alive. True Story.
You guarantee it? How does that work?
mhanc
Art Connoisseur

Tue Jan 21, 2014 9:48 pm

Man, those Horkeys are selling like hotcakes now that he won the triple crown!