Open Market Guidelines

For best results, use the trading tools on the rest of the site when feasible. Post lifespan is 30 days. (Prints must be in hand).
Forum rules
Please refer to the Open Market Guidelines prior to posting in this forum.

New members must list art in your personal collection, use the member selling and trading tools, and contribute to discussion in the forums. After thirty (30) days from joining the site you may list your items for sale/trade in the Open Market. (Prints should be in-hand before posting.)

Current members in good standing, please limit your items for sale to one active thread. Notify mods before starting a new one. (Prints should be in-hand before posting.)

If your items are listed on eBay, please use EB's eBay link feature (directions here). This benefits the site directly and helps us keep this a free forum. Your thread may be updated (bumped) once. After this please contact the Global Moderators group by private message to have the thread bumped, locked or amended.
iamstefun

Thu Aug 23, 2012 11:48 am

Quick question:

Just made this account and I'm wondering if it's acceptable for new users to buy posters immediately? If so can someone please explain the process for the transaction because I already have a couple that I would like to buy, thanks for the help!
Stephewi
Art Connoisseur

Thu Aug 23, 2012 11:01 pm

iamstefun wrote:Quick question:

Just made this account and I'm wondering if it's acceptable for new users to buy posters immediately? If so can someone please explain the process for the transaction because I already have a couple that I would like to buy, thanks for the help!
I'm no seasoned EB veteran, but I think you're good to go. Welcome, and BUY AWAY! Just pm the member who has the print that you want and make an offer. People around here are pretty cool and will definitely let you know if you commit any kind of a faux pas. :pint:
warrocky
Art Connoisseur

Mon Sep 10, 2012 12:31 pm

Do people reply to messages from noobs lol. I'm PMing for a few prints but have only got 1 reply :D
Image ISO Olly Moss - Totoro Variant - PM me Image
SurfingJeff
Art Expert

Mon Sep 10, 2012 1:48 pm

warrocky wrote:Do people reply to messages from noobs lol. I'm PMing for a few prints but have only got 1 reply :D
If you're using the "sale" tab on the print listing, make sure to check out "when" it was listed. If it was posted for sale 2 years ago, there's a decent chance that the print is long gone or that the seller has moved on from EB.
T.H.C.
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Mon Sep 10, 2012 4:55 pm

If there's no response, that means they either didn't read the message, or the answer is no.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
warrocky
Art Connoisseur

Tue Sep 11, 2012 11:30 am

SurfingJeff wrote:
warrocky wrote:Do people reply to messages from noobs lol. I'm PMing for a few prints but have only got 1 reply :D
If you're using the "sale" tab on the print listing, make sure to check out "when" it was listed. If it was posted for sale 2 years ago, there's a decent chance that the print is long gone or that the seller has moved on from EB.
Yeh just seen that they haven't visited in a while. When a PM is sent is an e-mail also received to make the person aware of this?

Thanks
Image ISO Olly Moss - Totoro Variant - PM me Image
Aphex139
Art Expert

Tue Sep 11, 2012 11:39 am

If they have notifications set up. I would suspect that some members don't, and so PMs languish unread for months.
ImageImageImageImage
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Wed Oct 31, 2012 2:23 am

Codeblue wrote:
pewter14 wrote:
Codeblue wrote:There's a limit on FS threads, how about a limit on ISO threads too?
I'm for some ISO forum regulations ... this seems like a good start.
Bump.
How about a limit on bumps for an ISO thread too?
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
starkiller
EB Team

Wed Oct 31, 2012 7:53 pm

yes please limit to 1 post per for sale / for trade forum thread and/or 1 post per ISO forum thread

the same rule with bumping applies evenly to all Open Market forums

thanks
EB Team

pewter14 wrote:
Once people realize ...
1) You cannot have every poster.
2) You do not need every poster.
3) There is always another poster.
... this hobby will become a lot more enjoyable. It's quite cathartic once you accept these truths.
legend38
Art Enthusiast

Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:22 pm

Is there any protocol or guidelines for warning people against sellers you have had bad transactions with? I, and a few others, are having an issue with a member who sold us posters, but continuously provides excuses as to why he cannot ship them.
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Thu Nov 08, 2012 2:28 am

You can start a "callout thread" in the Anything Goes section with the username. Don't name any real names or provide any other personal information or the thread will get locked/deleted. Also, don't forget to file a paypal claim before the 45 day time limit passes.
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:40 pm

Subject: EBEANS AUCTIONS $0.99 START!!!
Yamar wrote:Sorry guys, but this is VERY against the rules as it can jeopardize the arrangement that we have with eBay (which is a solid portion of our income). Nice idea and glad to see y'all go off and running but perhaps if you have a "if this isn't cool with the staff/mods" type of idea, a better approach would be to ask and check prior to doing it?
This should prolly be added to the first post of this thread as well so other morons don't try the same thing.
ivy
Art Enthusiast

Sun Feb 03, 2013 1:50 pm

So prior to starting my first ever FS thread, I tried to read up on all the rules and regulations governing them. I thought I got it and was more-or-less qualified to start one so I did and here it is. Now I've gone back and re-read everything and I'm not convinced I'm doing it properly. I have a few major concerns:

1) Am I too much of a noob to start a FS in the first place?

2) Does it contain all the necessary information, or, perhaps, too much information?

3) I have been updating it as buyers commit or express serious interest in making a purchase but I have been doing this my quoting the original post and modifying it accordingly. Is this ok?

4) Finally, I recently listed two items on Ebay and included links to those in my FS thread. Does this violate some rule?

If someone knowledgeable about all this could take a look at the thread and let me know what should and/or shouldn't be there, I'd be really grateful. I want to make sure everything's copacetic.

Thanks in advance!

Ivy
Yamar
EB Team Emeritus

Sun Feb 03, 2013 2:48 pm

ivy wrote:So prior to starting my first ever FS thread, I tried to read up on all the rules and regulations governing them. I thought I got it and was more-or-less qualified to start one so I did and here it is. Now I've gone back and re-read everything and I'm not convinced I'm doing it properly. I have a few major concerns:

1) Am I too much of a noob to start a FS in the first place?

2) Does it contain all the necessary information, or, perhaps, too much information?

3) I have been updating it as buyers commit or express serious interest in making a purchase but I have been doing this my quoting the original post and modifying it accordingly. Is this ok?

4) Finally, I recently listed two items on Ebay and included links to those in my FS thread. Does this violate some rule?

If someone knowledgeable about all this could take a look at the thread and let me know what should and/or shouldn't be there, I'd be really grateful. I want to make sure everything's copacetic.

Thanks in advance!

Ivy
1. As long as you're past the 30 day window, you can't be "too much of a noob" to start a thread. If you'll get responses is a different story. Some folks won't buy from what they may see as an "inexperienced" seller, some will.

2. Again, matter of taste. I find that it's damn hard to have "too much information". If you want to put it out there, then do it. Folks that don't care will skirt over it anyway.

3. After the first 24 hours, quoting and updating sold items and reducing prices is the easiest way to refresh your sale items. I think it becomes rough when some folks have huge images/photos or are selling 25+ items at once but that's about it.

4. As long as you're linking to eBay by the code links on the site, you're actually HELPING EB by doing this, so please - go ahead.
Tra la la la la...
ivy
Art Enthusiast

Sun Feb 03, 2013 3:31 pm

Thanks a ton!
"I take it seriously because it gets me off."