Open Market Guidelines

For best results, use the trading tools on the rest of the site when feasible. Post lifespan is 30 days. (Prints must be in hand).
Forum rules
Please refer to the Open Market Guidelines prior to posting in this forum.

New members must list art in your personal collection, use the member selling and trading tools, and contribute to discussion in the forums. After thirty (30) days from joining the site you may list your items for sale/trade in the Open Market. (Prints should be in-hand before posting.)

Current members in good standing, please limit your items for sale to one active thread. Notify mods before starting a new one. (Prints should be in-hand before posting.)

If your items are listed on eBay, please use EB's eBay link feature (directions here). This benefits the site directly and helps us keep this a free forum. Your thread may be updated (bumped) once. After this please contact the Global Moderators group by private message to have the thread bumped, locked or amended.
willg
Art Expert

Mon Jan 10, 2011 3:22 pm

For clarification, are best offer sales threads allowed? I always thought setting a price was site policy but I don't see it in the open market guidelines.
willg
Art Expert

Tue Jan 11, 2011 7:33 pm

willg wrote:For clarification, are best offer sales threads allowed? I always thought setting a price was site policy but I don't see it in the open market guidelines.
bump
lazk
Art Expert

Wed May 11, 2011 11:34 am

willg wrote:
willg wrote:For clarification, are best offer sales threads allowed? I always thought setting a price was site policy but I don't see it in the open market guidelines.
bump
T.K.C.
Flimby

Wed May 11, 2011 11:37 am

it may not be in the guidlines but personally i am a big fan of SIAFI

silent auctions are definitely not allowed. if you want to auction, take it to ebay.
i thought that was already in the guidelines?
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Wed May 11, 2011 12:48 pm

You thought wrong.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
Tadrules
Art Expert

Wed May 11, 2011 12:57 pm

i always look the other way when it's an artist doing it. we kind of owe them some kind of red carpet treatment.
If you use ULINE tubes, please don't pm me about trades or sales.
jjbehren
Flipper

Wed May 11, 2011 1:18 pm

Tadrules wrote:i always look the other way when it's an artist doing it. we kind of owe them some kind of red carpet treatment.
I thought we are to tear them down and complain about shipping times...
Flimby

Wed May 11, 2011 1:19 pm

jjbehren wrote:
Tadrules wrote:i always look the other way when it's an artist doing it. we kind of owe them some kind of red carpet treatment.
I thought we are to tear them down and complain about shipping times...
that too
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Tue May 24, 2011 12:45 am

There's a limit on FS threads, how about a limit on ISO threads too?
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
pewter14
EB Team

Tue May 24, 2011 1:05 am

Codeblue wrote:There's a limit on FS threads, how about a limit on ISO threads too?
I'm for some ISO forum regulations ... this seems like a good start.
mistersmith wrote:Brady is one of the best QBs in history and will forever been seen as such.
Two links every EB member should read, please take a moment:

EB Wiki - How to Ship a Print in a Tube

Expressobeans For Sale Forum - Open Market Guidelines
pewter14
EB Team

Tue May 24, 2011 10:14 am

Here's another thing I'd like to change about ISO threads.

If you don't have any useful information for the OP, don't post.

Several threads over there with people looking for items and its become a forum for how much others *think* it should be going for, not really helping th OP at all.

Today is going to be too crazy at work, but I will see if I can get a plan together on a few rules, any other ideas here?
mistersmith wrote:Brady is one of the best QBs in history and will forever been seen as such.
Two links every EB member should read, please take a moment:

EB Wiki - How to Ship a Print in a Tube

Expressobeans For Sale Forum - Open Market Guidelines
treweman
Art Expert

Tue May 24, 2011 10:25 am

pewter14 -- I'm not sure what the original justification, but I think EB members who post an ISO or FS/FT thread should be able to edit the title for as long as the thread is active. If I put up an ISO or FS thread highlighting one artist, and then decide to add a second or third, I think it would be useful to put this info in the thread title without asking a MOD to do it for me. I know others have questioned the current policy of only allowing title editing for 24 hours, and would like to do what I am suggesting.
Flimby

Tue May 24, 2011 10:27 am

just dropping into this pls summarize?
we did the edit thing to protect people basically. my perspective may be different. how can we help?
Rick_a_c
Art Expert

Tue May 24, 2011 10:32 am

I don't understand the need for an ISO thread. I thought peeps who wanted to sell/trade an item would post the item in the thread where the item is defined, which already has a For Sale/Trade tab. I guess the fact of the matter must be that lots of peeps don't enter their sale/trade items, so peeps think they need to create an ISO thread to try to snag what they are looking for.
I always defer to someone who's wearing a beater, regardless of what else he's wearing.
HLB98
Art Connoisseur

Tue May 24, 2011 10:44 am

treweman wrote:pewter14 -- I'm not sure what the original justification, but I think EB members who post an ISO or FS/FT thread should be able to edit the title for as long as the thread is active.
That would be nice plus it saves the mods the time to close threads or change titles.