Open Market Guidelines

For best results, use the trading tools on the rest of the site when feasible. Post lifespan is 30 days. (Prints must be in hand).
Forum rules
Please refer to the Open Market Guidelines prior to posting in this forum.

New members must list art in your personal collection, use the member selling and trading tools, and contribute to discussion in the forums. After thirty (30) days from joining the site you may list your items for sale/trade in the Open Market. (Prints should be in-hand before posting.)

Current members in good standing, please limit your items for sale to one active thread. Notify mods before starting a new one. (Prints should be in-hand before posting.)

If your items are listed on eBay, please use EB's eBay link feature (directions here). This benefits the site directly and helps us keep this a free forum. Your thread may be updated (bumped) once. After this please contact the Global Moderators group by private message to have the thread bumped, locked or amended.
tmurch
Art Expert

Fri Apr 17, 2009 1:14 am

This is exciting news
Tadrules wrote:Dan Mccarthy is a pimp.
RupertPupkin wrote: This will never change. Idiocy is the true human condition.
soulshine
Art Connoisseur

Thu May 28, 2009 12:15 pm

Gents,

How much time is acceptable for the seller to ship a print. I am not speaking of an artist as I know there may be some delay, I am speaking of an agreement made between buyer and seller on the forum.

Thanks!

s~s
pjtaper
Art Freak

Thu May 28, 2009 12:27 pm

ship it within a week... I always just communicate with the buyer or seller, let them know what is going on!
Yamar
EB Team Emeritus

Thu May 28, 2009 12:34 pm

soulshine wrote:Gents,

How much time is acceptable for the seller to ship a print. I am not speaking of an artist as I know there may be some delay, I am speaking of an agreement made between buyer and seller on the forum.

Thanks!

s~s
It's all relative. There are times when 48 hours is too long from my vantage point and others where a month is more than reasonable to me. The key is always communication - if you say by the weekend, make it happen (or at least write and say that you've been delayed). I'm on summer hours so I try to make it in 36 hours but things can come up and it'll be 4 days before I can ship. Talk to your seller or trading partner - helps a lot.
For reference though, if you want a response I'd start a separate post about this - it'll be buried in the Guidelines post here and really, it's not what this post in the forum is for.
Tra la la la la...
pewter14
EB Team

Wed Feb 17, 2010 5:01 pm

Is there anyway to highlight the Open Market guidelines a bit more?

There seems to be an enormous increase of folks putting up for sale threads with under 30 days on the site as well as people trying to sell stuff without actually having it in hand. Both go against the Open Market rules.

I don't know how many people are doing it intentionally or just honestly haven't read the guidelines or even know about them.
mistersmith wrote:Brady is one of the best QBs in history and will forever been seen as such.
Two links every EB member should read, please take a moment:

EB Wiki - How to Ship a Print in a Tube

Expressobeans For Sale Forum - Open Market Guidelines
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Wed Feb 17, 2010 5:07 pm

Looks like we need another red box (not that anyone will read it).
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
aahnutz
EB Team

Wed Feb 17, 2010 6:40 pm

pewter14 wrote:Is there anyway to highlight the Open Market guidelines a bit more?

There seems to be an enormous increase of folks putting up for sale threads with under 30 days on the site as well as people trying to sell stuff without actually having it in hand. Both go against the Open Market rules.

I don't know how many people are doing it intentionally or just honestly haven't read the guidelines or even know about them.
Codeblue wrote:Looks like we need another red box (not that anyone will read it).
It would be most helpful if members would report the posts that do not comply with the guidelines. Just click on the little exclamation point in the upper right hand corner of the member's post. It really makes it much easier for the mods to spot them (reported posts are highlighted in pink). We'll take care of it from there. I realize we don't catch them all, but we try. And any help is appreciated. Thanks!
atomicdustbin
Art Connoisseur

Sat Apr 17, 2010 1:55 pm

What happens if you lose contact with a seller and nothing appears with in 2 weeks.
Is it a matter of tough luck?
I realise that you take a chance when dealing with someone on the board but do t=you report it so everyone is aware?
IggyD
Art Expert

Thu Sep 02, 2010 12:45 pm

pewter14 wrote:Is there anyway to highlight the Open Market guidelines a bit more?

yes I see it too, That "Sell-Bid-Buy" has listings as soon as a hot print sell out, not even waiting 1 day.. that is easy to monitor I would think. Look at today's Mondo drop for example. I know... Iggy the rat :lol:
aahnutz
EB Team

Thu Sep 02, 2010 2:05 pm

IggyD wrote:yes I see it too, That "Sell-Bid-Buy" has listings as soon as a hot print sell out, not even waiting 1 day.. that is easy to monitor I would think. Look at today's Mondo drop for example. I know... Iggy the rat :lol:
It would be most helpful if members would report the posts that do not comply with the guidelines. Just click on the little exclamation point in the upper right hand corner of the member's post. It really makes it much easier for the mods to spot them (reported posts are highlighted in pink). We'll take care of it from there. I realize we don't catch them all, but we try. And any help is appreciated. Thanks!
The information contained in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinion of Expressobeans.com (EB) and shall not be held to limit the rights of EB under the Fair Use Doctrine or any other federal, state, or local law which may be applicable.
IggyD
Art Expert

Thu Sep 02, 2010 2:22 pm

aahnutz wrote:
IggyD wrote:yes I see it too, That "Sell-Bid-Buy" has listings as soon as a hot print sell out, not even waiting 1 day.. that is easy to monitor I would think. Look at today's Mondo drop for example. I know... Iggy the rat :lol:
So it is allowed to sell through Member Trade Item (WT) without having in hand... cuz that is where I am seeing this and there is no exclamation there. There is also a member who has 1 day in at EB as of yesterday selling this same item
http://www.expressobeans.com/members/de ... 488/trades
aahnutz
EB Team

Sun Sep 12, 2010 7:11 am

IggyD wrote:
aahnutz wrote:
So it is allowed to sell through Member Trade Item (WT) without having in hand... cuz that is where I am seeing this and there is no exclamation there. There is also a member who has 1 day in at EB as of yesterday selling this same item
http://www.expressobeans.com/members/de ... 488/trades
I think I misunderstood the point you were trying to make. So you're concern is not with sales threads in the Open Market, but with Member Trades/Sales listings, correct? Yeah, it sucks. Personally, I wouldn't buy/pay for anything from anyone until they have it in hand. That being said, we're not the EB police. We're not going to go through every For Sale/Trade page for every listing to make sure that people who don't have the print in their possession aren't listing it for sale. The only way that's going to end is for people to stop buying from those sellers. With all the hype on here I don't see that happening any time soon. The mods will address any reported posts in the Open Market. That's the best we can do.
The information contained in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinion of Expressobeans.com (EB) and shall not be held to limit the rights of EB under the Fair Use Doctrine or any other federal, state, or local law which may be applicable.
IggyD
Art Expert

Sun Sep 12, 2010 9:55 am

Clarified for me as well, because I too misunderstood... thanks
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Tue Jan 04, 2011 2:49 pm

Is trading (not selling) something that isn't in hand ok? There seems to be a lot of threads open for that purpose lately. Maybe a clarification needs to be added here.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
starkiller
EB Team

Wed Jan 05, 2011 10:35 pm

Just a friendly reminder... Any For Sale / For Trades trades posts in the Open Market must be for prints that are in your possession per Open Market Guidelines. All Stout Star Wars Sale/Trade threads and have been removed. Please do not create another sale or trade thread until the items are in hand. Thank you.
EB Team

pewter14 wrote:
Once people realize ...
1) You cannot have every poster.
2) You do not need every poster.
3) There is always another poster.
... this hobby will become a lot more enjoyable. It's quite cathartic once you accept these truths.