Open Market Guidelines

For best results, use the trading tools on the rest of the site when feasible. Post lifespan is 30 days. (Prints must be in hand).
Forum rules
Please refer to the Open Market Guidelines prior to posting in this forum.

New members must list art in your personal collection, use the member selling and trading tools, and contribute to discussion in the forums. After thirty (30) days from joining the site you may list your items for sale/trade in the Open Market. (Prints should be in-hand before posting.)

Current members in good standing, please limit your items for sale to one active thread. Notify mods before starting a new one. (Prints should be in-hand before posting.)

If your items are listed on eBay, please use EB's eBay link feature (directions here). This benefits the site directly and helps us keep this a free forum. Your thread may be updated (bumped) once. After this please contact the Global Moderators group by private message to have the thread bumped, locked or amended.
aahnutz
EB Team

Mon Apr 13, 2009 1:35 pm

Open Market Guidelines:

EB is an art collector community. As such, it is built on the generous contributions of its members (not only monetarily, but by adding art, auctions, meaningful dialogue, etc.). It is also a community built on trust between members; trust that takes time to be built and earned.

If you are a new member, we request you list art in your personal collection, use the member selling and trading tools, and contribute to discussion in the forums. After complying with this request, and after a period of thirty (30) days from initially joining the site, feel free to list your items for sale/trade in the Open Market. (Prints should be in-hand before posting.) After making your first sale, please report the information for inclusion in the art's sales history. Also, ask for some positive feedback from the member you have completed the transaction with. It will help you build a solid reputation among members here.

For current members in good standing, please limit your items for sale to one active thread.

(Prints should be in-hand before posting.)

If your items are listed on eBay, please use EB's eBay link feature (directions here). This benefits the site directly and helps us keep this a free forum. Your thread may be updated (bumped) once a day. When your sale is completed, please report the information for inclusion in the art's sales history and contact a team member to have the thread locked. Non-compliance with these guidelines may result in the removal of your For Sale/Trade thread.

All members, please refrain from making inflammatory personal comments in another person's For Sale/Trade, In Search Of, or Print Giveaway thread(s). Failure to comply with this request may result in a ban or suspension of your account.

Please keep in mind Expresso Beans makes no representations or warranties as to the quality, truthfulness, or accuracy of any content posted by any EB Member on Expresso Beans or elsewhere. Expresso Beans shall not be liable for any losses or damages of any kind due to EB Member transactions.

Thank you.
May 2013
Expresso Beans is making some significant changes to the Open Market forum. In an effort to control rampant unwanted posting of comments in FS/Trade listings, we will be disabling the ability to reply to posts in the For Sale/Trade forum. The creator of the thread will be able to use the bump feature on the bottom of the posting to push it to the top, but no further posting in the thread will be permitted.
In addition, comment/discussion threads pertaining to any posts within the For Sale/Trade Forum will NOT be permitted in other Forums within Expressobeans.com. For now, the "Hookup Thread Discussion" will be permitted to continue.

A new sub-forum has been created to accommodate the existing group trading threads like the Hook-Up thread, Post your Scratch & Dents, and regional trading threads for our international members. Any new group trading threads proposed for this section will first need the approval of an EB Moderator.

We encourage all our members to use the collection trading tools and Match Maker as their primary method of conducting private transactions.
The volunteer team at EB will evaluate the effectiveness of these changes and alter them as needed over the next few months.
MJBuck
Art Expert

Mon Apr 13, 2009 1:42 pm

Is the print in hand a rule going forward?

I think most people would agree it's the right thing to do, but the language seems a bit vague.

Thanks EB Team for all the work you do.
out and perfect.
norelation wrote:quit with the sniveling and just sell the damn poster. i don't care about your life story, we all got problems. just tell me about bent corners, or if your cat has used it for target practice.
mistersmith wrote:That means I'm going to touch you.
dangerboy
Flipper

Mon Apr 13, 2009 1:52 pm

aahnutz wrote:Open Market Guidelines:

EB is an art collector community. As such, it is built on the generous contributions of its members (not only monetarily, but by adding art, auctions, meaningful dialogue, etc.). It is also a community built on trust between members; trust that takes time to be built and earned.

If you are a new member, we request you list art in your personal collection, use the member selling and trading tools, and contribute to discussion in the forums. After complying with this request, and after a period of thirty days from initially joining the site, feel free to list your items for sale/trade in the Open Market. (Prints should be in-hand before posting.) After making your first sale, please report the information for inclusion in the art's sales history. Also, ask for some positive feedback from the member you have completed the transaction with. It will help you build a solid reputation among members here.

For current members in good standing, please limit your items for sale to one thread. (Prints should be in-hand before posting.) If your items are listed on eBay, please use EB's eBay link feature (directions here). This benefits the site directly and helps us keep this a free forum. Your thread may be updated (bumped) once a day. When your sale is completed, please report the information for inclusion in the art's sales history and contact a team member to have the thread locked. Non-compliance with these guidelines may result in the removal of your For Sale/Trade thread.

All members, please refrain from making inflammatory personal comments in another person's For Sale/Trade thread. Failure to comply with this request may result in a ban or suspension of your account.

Please keep in mind Expresso Beans makes no representations or warranties as to the quality, truthfulness, or accuracy of any content posted by any EB Member on Expresso Beans or elsewhere. Expresso Beans shall not be liable for any losses or damages of any kind due to EB Member transactions.

Thank you.

:clap: :clap: :clap:
morecoffee wrote:
itsdug wrote:what does mint with pin holes mean?!
Consider it perfect and pure...like a virgin who loves ass play and sucking the clown.
pearlybaker wrote:This place is a magnet for retards with some sort of psychosis.
jjbehren
Flipper

Mon Apr 13, 2009 1:56 pm

If we're limited to one FS/FT thread, can the settings be changed to allow for unlimited editing of the original post?
aahnutz
EB Team

Mon Apr 13, 2009 2:16 pm

MJBuck wrote:Is the print in hand a rule going forward?

I think most people would agree it's the right thing to do, but the language seems a bit vague.

Thanks EB Team for all the work you do.
I think the intended message is pretty clear.

Thanks for the kind words.
aahnutz
EB Team

Mon Apr 13, 2009 2:17 pm

jjbehren wrote:If we're limited to one FS/FT thread, can the settings be changed to allow for unlimited editing of the original post?
For now if you need help editing your thread after 24 hours contact a team member who can help you. Thanks.
edgar
Art Expert

Mon Apr 13, 2009 2:23 pm

amen.
Grateful69Phish wrote:anybody this stupid doesn't become naturally intelligent!
ChefFerrari
Art Expert

Mon Apr 13, 2009 2:37 pm

Click on ahhnutz name and look at her occupation

:D :lol:
kyle
Art Expert

Mon Apr 13, 2009 2:46 pm

cool !

it will be fun to watch the mods shoot down the snakes like clay pigeons.

nice new sig edgar :lol:
Codeblue wrote:Hork is God, Jesus, the 12 disciples, Santa Claus, and the Easter Bunny all rolled into one beautiful lanky package.
talkingdeads
Art Expert

Mon Apr 13, 2009 3:52 pm

I think i liked it better when a person's reputation dictated whether or not people left "inflammatory" remarks in their thread.
edgar
Art Expert

Mon Apr 13, 2009 4:07 pm

kyle wrote:
nice new sig edgar :lol:
you must've been aiming for it w/ a line like that.
Grateful69Phish wrote:anybody this stupid doesn't become naturally intelligent!
dangerboy
Flipper

Mon Apr 13, 2009 4:33 pm

talkingdeads wrote:I think i liked it better when a person's reputation dictated whether or not people left "inflammatory" remarks in their thread.
is "donkey alert" inflammatory? will that get me suspended?
morecoffee wrote:
itsdug wrote:what does mint with pin holes mean?!
Consider it perfect and pure...like a virgin who loves ass play and sucking the clown.
pearlybaker wrote:This place is a magnet for retards with some sort of psychosis.
lazk
Art Expert

Mon Apr 13, 2009 5:19 pm

I am an avid trader of donkeys at the local swap hop and it personally offends me that you prey on owners of donkeys and take their hard earned money by claiming you can talk to donkeys. There is no such thing as a donkey whisperer. I would hate to escalate this to a donkey class action suit. It is a felony in Oakdale, Tennessee and nothing to joke about.
T.K.C.
talkingdeads
Art Expert

Mon Apr 13, 2009 5:22 pm

if ebean
dangerboy wrote:
talkingdeads wrote:I think i liked it better when a person's reputation dictated whether or not people left "inflammatory" remarks in their thread.
is "donkey alert" inflammatory? will that get me suspended?
if ebeans wants to follow the duchetard model of thegiant.org, then probably, but i don't know.
GTMaus
Art Expert

Mon Apr 13, 2009 5:27 pm

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
“I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not.”
-- Kurt Cobain --