Site Update - Capital Fundraising

For best results, use the trading tools on the rest of the site when feasible. Post lifespan is 30 days. (Prints must be in hand).
Forum rules
Please refer to the Open Market Guidelines prior to posting in this forum.

New members must list art in your personal collection, use the member selling and trading tools, and contribute to discussion in the forums. After thirty (30) days from joining the site you may list your items for sale/trade in the Open Market. (Prints should be in-hand before posting.)

Current members in good standing, please limit your items for sale to one active thread. Notify mods before starting a new one. (Prints should be in-hand before posting.)

If your items are listed on eBay, please use EB's eBay link feature (directions here). This benefits the site directly and helps us keep this a free forum. Your thread may be updated (bumped) once. After this please contact the Global Moderators group by private message to have the thread bumped, locked or amended.

Postby downforcemedia on Wed Aug 22, 2018 5:51 pm

jjttdw wrote:I've gotten back the $20 or so donation in entertainment from this thread alone.


drymount, I felt even after the "Toaster Boy" meltdown.
User avatar
downforcemedia
Art Expert
 
Status: Active
Posts: 1325
Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2014 6:14 pm
Location: Mexicola
Lies are a funny thing. They slip through your fingertips because they never happened to you. Time wounds all the heals as we fade out of view

Postby jjttdw on Wed Aug 22, 2018 8:49 pm

downforcemedia wrote:
jjttdw wrote:I've gotten back the $20 or so donation in entertainment from this thread alone.


drymount, I felt even after the "Toaster Boy" meltdown.


Link please
User avatar
jjttdw
Art Expert
 
Status: Active
Posts: 5233
Joined: Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:45 pm
NEWPORTS69 wrote:ive kept journal for very long time and ranked public restrooms because i srs hate using them, was working on an app but im not very smart

Postby downforcemedia on Wed Aug 22, 2018 9:13 pm

jjttdw wrote:
downforcemedia wrote:
jjttdw wrote:I've gotten back the $20 or so donation in entertainment from this thread alone.


drymount, I felt even after the "Toaster Boy" meltdown.


Link please


BNG thread. It was locked. Not sure if it is open again. Dude unloaded on BNG. Got banned. Alted up and came back. Still not sure why he was so mad. Ha Ha!

EDIT: Just checked. It has been sanitized. Just a rumor in the wind now . . .
User avatar
downforcemedia
Art Expert
 
Status: Active
Posts: 1325
Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2014 6:14 pm
Location: Mexicola
Lies are a funny thing. They slip through your fingertips because they never happened to you. Time wounds all the heals as we fade out of view

Postby whalaw on Thu Aug 23, 2018 4:13 pm

Creation88 wrote:how has there not been an update on this or a beta site release?
this is bordering on a scam tbh.


Ha. Far from a "scam," at least with/from anyone representing Expressobeans.com. However, I do think an update is in order:

We have been back in touch with the contracted site designer/creator. We've been reassured by them that they will complete the project and they are to provide us with an updated timeline for the completion. We haven't received the updated timeline as of yet. Hopefully, we'll get that soon. In addition, we're in contact with other designers/creators and they are looking at the site in case the current designer/creator disappears on us again.
whalaw
EB Team
 
Status: Active
Posts: 5700
Joined: Sun Aug 10, 2003 12:00 am

Postby felocin on Thu Aug 23, 2018 4:23 pm

whalaw wrote:
Creation88 wrote:how has there not been an update on this or a beta site release?
this is bordering on a scam tbh.


Ha. Far from a "scam," at least with/from anyone representing Expressobeans.com. However, I do think an update is in order:

We have been back in touch with the contracted site designer/creator. We've been reassured by them that they will complete the project and they are to provide us with an updated timeline for the completion. We haven't received the updated timeline as of yet. Hopefully, we'll get that soon. In addition, we're in contact with other designers/creators and they are looking at the site in case the current designer/creator disappears on us again.


:clap: Thank you!
User avatar
felocin
Art Expert
 
Status: Active
Posts: 1577
Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2005 2:00 am
Location: Northern California

Postby mfaith on Thu Aug 23, 2018 4:28 pm

Thanks for the update whalaw!
User avatar
mfaith
EB Team
 
Status: Active
Posts: 49618
Joined: Fri Jun 06, 2014 4:50 pm
Location: Austin, TX
Image Image ImageImageImage

Postby TyrisFlare on Thu Aug 23, 2018 4:44 pm

FIVERRD.jpg
FIVERRD.jpg (126.58 KiB) Viewed 4064 times
User avatar
TyrisFlare
Art Enthusiast
 
Status: Banned !
Posts: 57
Joined: Wed Jan 03, 2018 4:50 pm

Postby Codeblue on Thu Aug 23, 2018 4:56 pm

At least the update is from teh lawyer this time.
User avatar
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much
 
Status: Active
Posts: 50083
Joined: Sun Nov 07, 2004 1:00 am
Location: Expresso Beans
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.

Postby RiotAct on Thu Aug 23, 2018 5:28 pm

are they ready for UAT yet?
User avatar
RiotAct
Art Freak
 
Status: Active
Posts: 17458
Joined: Tue Aug 04, 2009 9:47 pm
Location: Buffalo, NY
Image

1000steps wrote:Gift payments are like unprotected sex - always a bad idea with strangers... If you are gonna do it, do it with someone you trust absolutely.

Postby whalaw on Thu Aug 23, 2018 5:59 pm

RiotAct wrote:are they ready for UAT yet?


No, but I think we are close. There was limited testing several months ago by the Board of Directors, but it also coincided with the "disappearance" of the designer/creator. There has been renewed contact and reassurances recently, but nothing further. Hopefully, we're, again, heading in the right direction. We'll know more once we receive the updated timeline, which we're expecting presently.
whalaw
EB Team
 
Status: Active
Posts: 5700
Joined: Sun Aug 10, 2003 12:00 am

Postby Codeblue on Thu Aug 23, 2018 7:41 pm

Do ya at least know who to sue when teh time comes?
User avatar
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much
 
Status: Active
Posts: 50083
Joined: Sun Nov 07, 2004 1:00 am
Location: Expresso Beans
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.

Postby whalaw on Fri Aug 24, 2018 1:18 pm

Codeblue wrote:Do ya at least know who to sue when teh time comes?


Yes, but our hope is it doesn't come down to that. We just want them to complete the job under the contract they signed. But, if not, we'll do what we have to do to protect the interests of Expressobeans.com.
whalaw
EB Team
 
Status: Active
Posts: 5700
Joined: Sun Aug 10, 2003 12:00 am

Postby FroDawg on Fri Aug 24, 2018 1:35 pm

whalaw wrote:
Codeblue wrote:Do ya at least know who to sue when teh time comes?


Yes, but our hope is it doesn't come down to that. We just want them to complete the job under the contract they signed. But, if not, we'll do what we have to do to protect the interests of Expressobeans.com.


Sic Blue on them developer-types...it will be an experience they will NEVER forget and we'll have a new EB on Monday. :P
User avatar
FroDawg
Art Expert
 
Status: Active
Posts: 4033
Joined: Fri May 28, 2010 2:24 pm
Location: The ATL
"If the thunder don't getcha then the lightnin' will."

Postby jjttdw on Fri Aug 24, 2018 7:23 pm

FroDawg wrote:
whalaw wrote:
Codeblue wrote:Do ya at least know who to sue when teh time comes?


Yes, but our hope is it doesn't come down to that. We just want them to complete the job under the contract they signed. But, if not, we'll do what we have to do to protect the interests of Expressobeans.com.


Sic Blue on them developer-types...it will be an experience they will NEVER forget and we'll have a new EB on Monday. :P


He can send an email asking about progress every time he posts here. They will get the message.

I lived on a gravel road once. The dude 2 doors down wanted the street paved. He called the county twice a day to make the request. This continued for 9 months until the lady on the other end of the phone asked what it would take to get him to stop calling. He said "pave my street." 5 days later it was paved. Never underestimate the power of pester.
User avatar
jjttdw
Art Expert
 
Status: Active
Posts: 5233
Joined: Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:45 pm
NEWPORTS69 wrote:ive kept journal for very long time and ranked public restrooms because i srs hate using them, was working on an app but im not very smart

Postby Codeblue on Fri Aug 24, 2018 7:26 pm

Squeaky wheel def gets teh grease in teh biznaz world.

P.S. Our city has an app for requests like pothole fixing and other fudge like dat. It's pretty schweet.
User avatar
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much
 
Status: Active
Posts: 50083
Joined: Sun Nov 07, 2004 1:00 am
Location: Expresso Beans
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.

PreviousNext

Return to For Sale/Trade



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests